Options

The Nightmare Neighbour Next Door,,CH5

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I thought there was more to the story too but in the opposite way - I thought Deborah had done a lot more antagonistic stuff than she let on. I wouldn't be surprised if SHE was the neighbour from hell.

Anyway today's eposide, R Soul :D

I thought this as well, as i was watching i was thinking, she's not coming across as the innocent neighbour she wants us to believe
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He said "Mr Barker has hit me with a spade", i bet thats the edited version :D:D
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The guy who lived next to the older couple with the junk yard... he was some piece of work. Reminded me a bit of the aspiring-ASBO guy across the road from us.

I'd like to find out more about why those squatters can't be evicted because 'they changed the lock'? :confused: So if I rent and change the locks and stop paying rent, does that mean my landlord can't evict me? What sort of madness brought about laws that protect people who enter a property illegally and stay there?
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chickens, chickens and more chickens..My neighbour keeps chickens and they smell horrid..:(
  • Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This old boy with the chickens seems a right nightmare neigbour! Neighbours should mind their own business! I wonder if he would say that if his neighbours were annoying him with stuff he didn't like. I really despair of authorities sometimes how they can allow old gits like him to basically do what they like and dictate how the people around him live >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I bet they can't wait for that old git with the chickens to die
  • Options
    tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didnt they see the chickens when they viewed the house?
  • Options
    tigermadtigermad Posts: 858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The women who stole more from that Pamela. How did she get her pin number?
  • Options
    newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Crikey chicken man is the definition of nightmare neighbour, I would move, totally intimidating and menacing, deeply unpleasant :(
  • Options
    james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinman wrote: »
    Didnt they see the chickens when they viewed the house?

I believe there was just one when he moved in
  • Options
    Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to have a noisy neighbour who used to get high and play rave music for hours at a time.
    That thumping base is unbearable. You can still hear it in your head for a long while after it stops.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chicken man.......errrrrm how come the new neighbours never noticed this before buying the property? :confused:

For some reason that wasn't mentioned.

Drum 'n Bass Rapper seemed a pleasant enough type of lad trying to be a reasonable neighbour (as was obvious by another neighbours comments about his music and how he would have handled it).

Anglesey lady i felt really sorry for. She trusted. Thought she had found a new friend, yet all the time the 'friend' was a conniving thief. Now being paid back at a paltry fiver a week (i suppose because the thief is on benefits). Nice final touch though......anonymous couple wing her 500 quid. :)
  • Options
    greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chicken man I felt sorry for, he'd been enjoying his chickens before the new neighbours moved in and no one had complained. Theyt struck me as the kind of people who move next door to a Church, then complain about the bell ringing. Chickens sleep all night and cockerels don't start crowing till first light. They should have researched the area better before they bought their house.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    greengran wrote: »
    Chicken man I felt sorry for, he'd been enjoying his chickens before the new neighbours moved in and no one had complained. They struck me as the kind of people who move next door to a Church, then complain about the bell ringing. Chickens sleep all night and cockerels don't start crowing till first light. They should have researched the area better before they bought their house.
    That's very true particularly with 'townies' who move out to the country and complain about the village Church bells ringing on Sunday. The Church has probably been there for centuries.

However 'Chicken Man' had gone totally OTT and the back yard was a junk dump overrun by chickens......a magnet for rats. The neighbours should have noticed that before buying.

There is a big difference to a village Church ringing it's bell once a week to a neighbour creating a scene out of Chicken Run in his back yard fly tip attracting the rats.
  • Options
    james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the chicken man seemed to take pleasure in winding neighbours up he wasn't exactly the victim he made out he was but the neighbours should have noticed the yard and chickens before they bought it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strange......no comments on the recent episode? :confused:

Anyway, no need to ask if anyone felt sympathy for the crazy Cotswold couples who lent a total of £120k to a neighbour. Both obviously had 'money to burn' and were unbelievably stupid to the point i'm asking myself 'are these folk for real'?

Who in their right mind lends a large sum of money to a neighbour setting up a business (which fails), with absolutely zero guarantee of return or a legal contract....nothing in writing, just 'a gentlemans handshake'. :o:o

No sympathy for either couple at all.
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »

Anyway, no need to ask if anyone felt sympathy for the crazy Cotswold couples who lent a total of £120k to a neighbour. Both obviously had 'money to burn' and were unbelievably stupid to the point i'm asking myself 'are these folk for real'?

Who in their right mind lends a large sum of money to a neighbour setting up a business (which fails), with absolutely zero guarantee of return or a legal contract....nothing in writing, just 'a gentlemans handshake'. :o:o

I was shaking my head a bit at that one too. It would different had he been a relation of theirs, but they struck me as extremely naive and dumb not to take precautions.
  • Options
    xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »

I agree , how stupid can people get. More money than sense. They deserved everything they got.
    Felt sympathy with the guy and his mother. What a lovely son he was. It is bad enough my neighbor above me when she blasts her music. The video he recorded , me and my fiance were in shock at how loud it was through our speakers. I am pleased they got a good outcome in the end.
  • Options
    cas116cas116 Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is everyone clear that this NIghtmare Neighbour is called Mr Collins?!

There's no question he's a strange, nasty bloke, but it's tickling me how often they are using his name :D
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cas116 wrote: »
    Is everyone clear that this NIghtmare Neighbour is called Mr Collins?!

There's no question he's a strange, nasty bloke, but it's tickling me how often they are using his name :D

:D Lol. Right enough.

10 years?! 10 years they put up with that craic? You'd wonder how that could be true.

The dog ladies. What happened in the end? Did he evict them? They'll have a hard job getting a rental place with 22 dogs in tow. I sort of felt sorry for all parties involved there. I don't think the dog ladies really understood why people might object to living next to them and their dogs. But what they did to that lawn :o I'd be raging.
  • Options
    roverboy1965roverboy1965 Posts: 1,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt for the landlord, he rented his house out in good faith on the understanding they had a couple of dogs. He even tried to get them out asap when complaints started. He was duped (and can see why so many won't rent to pet owners now) and so were the neighborhours innocently by him.

Couldn't believe even with a film crew there two ex neighbours drove their cars at him and refused to comment or take part. Such action to me along with "no comment" make we wonder if they have something to hide and are not as wronged as they make out.

It sounded the sort of place you only become a "local" once your family reaches its 3rd generation there or after about 40yrs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    Think I'm only person who feels sorry for the two women with the dogs as the owner of 2 Rottweilers I've had loads of trouble with my neigbours because of the breed although I do admit 22 dogs in such a small space is ott.

Also we only had each parties word for it on the version of events they might had said 22 dogs perhaps he misheard.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I felt for the landlord, he rented his house out in good faith on the understanding they had a couple of dogs. He even tried to get them out asap when complaints started. He was duped (and can see why so many won't rent to pet owners now) and so were the neighborhours innocently by him.

Couldn't believe even with a film crew there two ex neighbours drove their cars at him and refused to comment or take part. Such action to me along with "no comment" make we wonder if they have something to hide and are not as wronged as they make out.

It sounded the sort of place you only become a "local" once your family reaches its 3rd generation there or after about 40yrs.
    Too right the landlord was duped. That was a very nasty piece of deceitfulness from the dog owners who had blatantly lied to him. The downright selfishness of some folk simply beggars belief and these pair quite frankly were disgusting with no consideration for anyone but themselves and their pack of dogs.

Like you i found the protesting neighbours refusal to speak on camera along with their physical actions against the landlord in the presence of the film crew, confusing. They passed up a golden opportunity to put their side forward and could only have come out of it well. Instead they left themselves in a very bad light.

Your point about 'becoming local' reminded me of a Yorkshire couple i met who retired and moved to live near Aviemore. The village was tiny with just a few houses. Obviously they spoke with a heavy Yorkshire accent and i asked how they got on with their neighbours. He told me the first thing everyone wanted to know when they bought the house was if it was a holiday home....or were they going to live there. Soon as they told them the latter, everything was fine. His wife threw herself into the local community with voluntary work at the Village Hall and they quickly built up a circle of Scottish friends.

Then he pointed to a large detached house opposite theirs owned by a wealthy Scottish guy who used it as a holiday home, "none of the villagers speak to him" he told me. That may explain a bit more about 'becoming local'. Scots people are very friendly.....they just don't like anyone, including their own, buying up property and not living there.
  • Options
    Haggis&ChipsHaggis&Chips Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think I'm only person who feels sorry for the two women with the dogs as the owner of 2 Rottweilers I've had loads of trouble with my neigbours because of the breed although I do admit 22 dogs in such a small space is ott.

Also we only had each parties word for it on the version of events they might had said 22 dogs perhaps he misheard.

I don't feel in the least bit sorry for the women. They claim it was all about the dogs and that they put their dogs' needs before their own, yadda, yadda, yada. Reality was that their pack of large dogs were holed up most/all of the time in some sort of horrific dog prison.

The women claimed to be responsible breeders who care about the dogs and yet the dogs were having to enduring a hellish 'existence' in these filthy, dark, cramped kennels. It's hard to believe that anyone would even purchase a puppy from these two now that the conditions the dogs actually live in has been revealed.

And then there were the tiny cages filled with pugs in their sitting room. WTF!!

All I felt was anger at the whole set up and I hope the SSPCA catch up with them at their next address and intervene.
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was the landlord duped though? I admit I missed little bits, but I thought he might have had a notion it was more than a few dogs and might have been backtracking a bit when he realised the extent of the damage/smell/noise and had to suffer a barrage of complaints.

I mean he'd seen the cages, and the neighbours were up in arms before the dogs arrived which possibly suggests it might have been common knowledge at that point that there were a LOT of dogs coming - would they really have been that angry about a few dogs? Doubt it.

And if the landlord had an idea before they moved in it would explain why the neighbours and the tenants were monumentally pissed off at him.

When did he start taking real action toward them? From day one? When the neighbours put the pressure on? When they wrecked his garden?

As I say I missed some so could be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if they were justified in blushing the landlord.