Options

Another reason why i choose Apple..........

Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,357
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This just amazes me how such a huge company can give such bad customer service/repairs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTGkDAae2y4

Watch that, its only 3-4 mins long and involves a Xperia Z2 which was sent in for repairs, and the outcome. Looks like they just lied through their teeth to buy some time, then one day just decided ''go on then lets have a look at this Z2'', then just slapped in a new part and job was done within 10mins. Very poor show Sony

Comments

• Options
    artnadaartnada Posts: 10,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone like to share my popcorn?
  • Options
    tycho-magtycho-mag Posts: 8,664
    Forum Member
    That's a poor job by Sony, but its not unique to them. In fact the apple experience is so different to almost every other consumer electronics company, and its good when you only have postal and phone contact, better with a store. Not everyone is happy with apple though, and they certainly are not perfect - but they do have a different angle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol this is not a baiting thread or any hatred towards Sony or the Z2, i dont own one either, i just saw the video and cant believe how crap the customer service is from such a big company, you'd expect more really wouldnt you
  • Options
    tycho-magtycho-mag Posts: 8,664
    Forum Member
    Lidtop2013 wrote: »
    Lol this is not a baiting thread or any hatred towards Sony or the Z2, i dont own one either, i just saw the video and cant believe how crap the customer service is from such a big company, you'd expect more really wouldnt you

Sony are not convincing enough customers, they're business is falling apart:
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/maggiemcgrath/2014/01/27/sony-credit-cut-to-junk-status-as-smartphones-cannibalize-its-tv-and-pc-businesses/

http://www.engadget.com/2014/05/14/sony-cfo-financial-problems/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jchamier wrote: »
    That's a poor job by Sony, but its not unique to them. In fact the apple experience is so different to almost every other consumer electronics company, and its good when you only have postal and phone contact, better with a store. Not everyone is happy with apple though, and they certainly are not perfect - but they do have a different angle.

Nope not everyone would be happy, you cant please everyone, but id be willing to bet ANYONE who had to send away their samsung/sony/HTC for repairs would have wished they could have gone into a store and walked out with a new one ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jchamier wrote: »

Interesting read there.

As i said, this wasnt a ''Apple rule, Sony sucks'' thread, i could have worded the thread title abit better i guess lol, but whatever. Just amazed how people spend £300-400 on a phone to be treated like that, im sure it does happen with other manufacturers aswell but the experience is ALOT worse being without a phone for weeks on end and then being sent a shoddy repair, at least if your in the shop you can check it before you leave.
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope not everyone would be happy, you cant please everyone, but id be willing to bet ANYONE who had to send away their samsung/sony/HTC for repairs would have wished they could have gone into a store and walked out with a new one ;-)

I had to replace a Nexus 5 due to a speaker issue a few months ago. I'd bought it directly from Google online so had no store to take it back to.

It couldn't have been simpler. They sent a new one (next day) together with a prepaid package to return the old one.

(To make sure you're not just trying to get another phone for free, they authorise a payment on your card, but cancel it as soon as the original phone is returned).
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member

Of course it's a baiting thread. If it wasn't, you wouldn't have mentioned your love of apple and stuck to what the video was about.

Apple aren't saints either I can tell you. While their support in store is not too bad, its not brilliant since you have to make an appointment, something that I knew nothing about on my first visit with a bust iPhone. They refused to see me even knowing i had travelled about 60+ miles to get there. Their phone support is absolutely woeful as well.

Every company's customer service slacks every now and then.

As for Sony, I have an xperia z tablet and it was faulty. Was replaced within a few days. No problem at all.
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, no baiting at all. Why did you mention apple? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why did i mention them? because i feel that the level of CS from Apple is way ahead of anyone else, simply because you dont have to send the phone off and wait for weeks/months without you brand new shiney phone that you've just bought, even then you could get a refurb etc. Just saying i think all manufacturers should be able to sort you out in a store.
  • Options
    thebennyboythebennyboy Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    The original post made by the OP is more of an opinion than a fact. Both Sony and Apple will have their fair share of negative comments and reviews.
  • Options
    sethpetsethpet Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    The OP is the most boring Apple love Troll ive ever had the misfortune to find on the web.

Dont feed him/her

poor soul must have one awfully lonely life
  • Options
    swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    Why does the OPs threads get any response at all :confused:
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apple has very good customer service in my experience.
    Stiggles wrote: »
    Of course it's a baiting thread. If it wasn't, you wouldn't have mentioned your love of apple and stuck to what the video was about.

Apple aren't saints either I can tell you. While their support in store is not too bad, its not brilliant since you have to make an appointment, something that I knew nothing about on my first visit with a bust iPhone. They refused to see me even knowing i had travelled about 60+ miles to get there. Their phone support is absolutely woeful as well.

Just because you wasn't aware of something, that doesn't make the customer service bad.

Appointments aren't always necessary either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swordman wrote: »
    Why does the OPs threads get any response at all :confused:

Because they read it as it's intended, an opinion of mine. If you don't agree feel free to leave your opinions too.

Just because it's something not all people agree with, suddenly it's called baiting :confused:
  • Options
    prkingprking Posts: 9,794
    Forum Member
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Apple has very good customer service in my experience.

Just because you wasn't aware of something, that doesn't make the customer service bad.

Appointments aren't always necessary either.

Astonishing - if it was another company refusing to help one of their customers because they didn't have an appointment I'm sure you would rightly say it was poor customer service.

Say I was to return a faulty TV to Currys (for example) and they told me that weren't going to help because I didn't have an appointment. That would be poor. customer service and its the same with Apple.
  • Options
    calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I turned up at my dentist's the other day for a filling.

Worst dentist I had ever visited. Turned out that I needed an appointment. WTF?

Joking aside, I think people are being a bit harsh on the OP. I'd certainly agree that anecdotal bad experiences will exist for any company, but Apple probably are a pretty rare breed insomuch as you can take products back to their stores and have them looked at, get a lot of help for free, and get like for like replacements on the spot if it comes to it. (A few years ago I had a pretty good experience where I had a non unibody MBP swapped there and then for a just released unibody MBP.)

That isn't just some blind praise of Apple that could equally apply to other companies. It is a bona fide differentiating factor in their approach to CS. The fact that some people may still have bad experiences sometimes doesn't change that.

The Currys comparison doesn't quite work because you're just taking it back, whereas at Apple you're making an appointment for them to look into the issue, and if possible try to resolve it, there and then.
  • Options
    prkingprking Posts: 9,794
    Forum Member
    In both cases you are returning a faulty product, is it really considered good customer service to turn away a customer with a fault because they don't have an appointment?

There are good and bad experiences with all companies but saying you chose company x because someone had a bad experience with y is an odd thing to do. What about all the other competitors.
  • Options
    Jamie_BradleyJamie_Bradley Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    prking wrote: »
    Astonishing - if it was another company refusing to help one of their customers because they didn't have an appointment I'm sure you would rightly say it was poor customer service.

Say I was to return a faulty TV to Currys (for example) and they told me that weren't going to help because I didn't have an appointment. That would be poor. customer service and its the same with Apple.

But you can return your faulty iPhone to Currys if you bought it from Currys?
  • Options
    calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In both cases you are returning a faulty product, is it really considered good customer service to turn away a customer with a fault because they don't have an appointment?

There are good and bad experiences with all companies but saying you chose company x because someone had a bad experience with y is an odd thing to do. What about all the other competitors.

Its pros and cons I guess.

If you take your faulty product back to Currys, you may not need an appointment, but they won't look at it there and then, and try to resolve the issue or give you a replacement.

If you take your faulty product back to Apple, you may need an appointment, but they will look at it there and them, and you may leave the store with a replacement.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Because they read it as it's intended, an opinion of mine. If you don't agree feel free to leave your opinions too.

Just because it's something not all people agree with, suddenly it's called baiting :confused:

I've got no issue with any thread comparing anything to one another or having a go at any company. What particularly bugs me in this forum is the many people playing the objective card when clearly they are not.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Excellent point.

i take a faulty phone back to Currys ,without an appointment, and get a replacement is this even better customer service and worthy of some great praise.

No it is what I would expect, some people on here :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Excellent point.

i take a faulty phone back to Currys ,without an appointment, and get a replacement is this even better customer service and worthy of some great praise.

No it is what I would expect, some people on here :)

You do realise you could take your iPhone back to Currys? Going to an Apple store is just one of many options you have for returning an iPhone, you appear to thinking is the only option.

Although Currys will insist on returning you Apple/Sony/Samsung ect product it either it's "accredited repair center" or to the original manufacturer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes i do and if i don't want to wait weeks for an appointment and be without a phone perhaps a better option.

Funny that when you receive a faulty item - people think it is acceptable for the customer to have to wait until the manufacturer is good and ready to see you - before any action can be undertaken with regard to your rights.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes i do and if i don't want to wait weeks for an appointment and be without a phone perhaps a better option.

Funny that when you receive a faulty item - people think it is acceptable for the customer to have to wait until the manufacturer is good and ready to see you - before any action can be undertaken with regard to your rights.

I agree, I mean if I have a Samsung phone that is faulty where is there a Samsung customer contact center that I can walk into? How exactly do I get directly to the manufacterers?

Also you can get drop in appointments at Apple stores and walk out with a replacement phone there and then. An appointment is the better way to go but it is possible to just walk in during quiet times and be seen by an Apple rep.