Options

Worst Film You've Ever Sat through....

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
Forum Member
Yes.. this is what I'm asking all you cinema goers. What is the absolute worst film you have chosen to go to at the cinema? Maybe you left before the end, just because it was too bad. :mad:
I left Turner & Hooch (woof!) well before the end some years ago now, but that sticks in my mind as not exactly too riveting, despite Hooch's excellent performance. I cheated recently and saw the ending on tv. Little Hooch puppy! Sweet.
I also remember 9 and a half weeks as one I walked away from, midthrough. Again, some years ago. You know, the 'erotic' pairing of Rourke and Basinger didn't really do it for me. I seem to remember it was a highly rated film at the time, but maybe not. Over to you......

Comments

• Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Johnny English.... awful awful film. Truly awful. The only time I have ever got up and walked out of a film at the cinema.

Paddy :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Paddy C wrote: »
    Johnny English.... awful awful film. Truly awful. The only time I have ever got up and walked out of a film at the cinema.

Paddy :D

Not seen that one! But I didn't think I'd like it!
  • Options
    Jaded81Jaded81 Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A.I.
    Signs
    Million Dollar Baby

All ones I would have left if I was alone, then found out my friends wanted to do the same thing too.

Running With Scissors I was alone for but I was the only person in the screening and I had to kill time before meeting people so I just sat and played games on my phone. Terrible film.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 480
    Forum Member
    Ghost Rider
    Blades Of Glory
    American Dreamz
  • Options
    comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chain reaction - it actually made me physically angry!
  • Options
    scoobyju1scoobyju1 Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matrix & just recently Shrek 3!
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Seed Of Chucky"

It had been out for a good few weeks & because i had the Unlimited Cineworld card i thought what the hell.I think there was 20 or 25 people in the cinema & during the course of the movie at different times 6 people got up & walked out.I thought it was an awful movie but i stayed to the end.
  • Options
    00tommo00tommo Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Becoming Jane
    The Royal Tenenbaums
    Bewitched
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have three films that were all released in the same year, I just sat there praying they would end.

Elizabethtown
    The Aristocrats
    I Heart Huckabees

All horrible experiences.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kramer wrote: »
    I have three films that were all released in the same year, I just sat there praying they would end.

Elizabethtown
    The Aristocrats
    I Heart Huckabees

All horrible experiences.

Ha ha I saw I Heart Huckabees too! One of the worst....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Ice Storm, awful!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    The Stupids
    The Avengers
    recently Apocalypto
  • Options
    The Unknown OneThe Unknown One Posts: 21,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Random Hearts - some truly dire Harrison Ford romance crap.

Honest - The All Saints film - nuff said. Yes one of them gets her baps out, but even that wasn't enough to save it.

Battlefield Earth - John Travolta nonsense. Was only about 10 of us in the 300-seater auditorium.

Return to Me - David Duchovny's wife is killed, and he subsequently falls in love with the woman who was given his dead's wife heart in a transplant operation - but he doesn't know that. Awful concept.

And although I didn't see these at the cinema, I just wanted to add my voice to -
    Jaded81 wrote: »
    A.I.
    Signs

Spielberg seriously cocked-up with A.I. and M. Night Shyamalan's films peaked with The Sixth Sense, and have been getting worse ever since.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Brokeback Mountain.
  • Options
    Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rocky and Bullwinkle - does anyone remember that one? God... I hated it SO much! I had to sit through it because it was a 'treat',.. the worse film I've ever had to sit through at the cinema.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Planet of the Apes (remake)...
    and a film with Emilio Estevez and Mick Jagger which I don`t even care that I can`t remember the name of......but am sure it had two words in the title.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Lost in translation
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Planet of the Apes (remake)...
    and a film with Emilio Estevz and Mick Jagger which I don`t even care that I can`t remeber the name of......but am sure it had two words in the title.

Was it Freejack?:eek:
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zoolander - good god that was bad.

And I walked out of the Day After Tommorow too. :p

I nearly left "Mr and Mrs Smith" with Brad and Angelina, before someone explained it wasnt meant as a comedy - i then began to enjoy it. :p
  • Options
    starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I Still know what you did last summer.....

Made even less sense as I never watched the first one..
  • Options
    The Unknown OneThe Unknown One Posts: 21,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starsailor wrote: »
    I Still know what you did last summer.....

Made even less sense as I never watched the first one..

Wouldn't have made a lot more sense anyway. If the plot-line in these films didn't leave you looking blank, the cocked-up continuity between the two films certainly would.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kramer wrote: »
    Was it Freejack?:eek:

Well done Kramer! even when I threw you off by saying it had two words! :eek: :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know someone who walked out of Nightmare Before Christmas because it was "a stupid musical" and not a horror film like they had hoped for!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matrix Reloaded, total nonsense.
  • Options
    Pepperoni ManPepperoni Man Posts: 7,798
    Forum Member
    English Patient - Everyone tells me how brilliant it is - I have never been so bored in my life !