Options

swearing in front of your parents.

2»

Comments

• Options
    MadamfluffMadamfluff Posts: 3,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My late Mum could swear like a trooper, she had a brain tumour and sometimes had problems getting her words out.

Once when she was trying to say something and couldn't she just said 'oh F&ck it' my Dad just looked at her and said' well you haven't forgotten THAT word' made us all laugh at the time.

She was also a master of the Soldiers farewell salute (V)
  • Options
    Dolly_DimpleDolly_Dimple Posts: 837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did in front of my mother when i was giving birth.
    I've never heard my mother swear except for the odd bloody and bugger, she despises bad language but she accepted it on that occassion, she even apologised to the midwife for it each time another expletive left me..lol
  • Options
    rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    When I was 6 my dad said that if he ever swore in front of me then I was allowed to do the same. I never heard him swear until I was about 15. The first time I swore in front of him was when I was 21.

I still haven't sworn in front of my mum. :o
  • Options
    ShoobeedooShoobeedoo Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    it's more often the reverse, with parents cursing in front of the children. As a general rule, this younger generation are the most polite and quiet in living memory, it's the baby boomers who are the noisy greedy grabbing lot who scrap for everything the can and never let go, indeed, the young ones need to shape up organise and fight back, or else they'll end up with nowt.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    I swear to myself all the ****ing time. But I can never swear in front of other people or my parents.