The Word 'Bitch' being Censored on TV...

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind the swearing on television so long as it's in some sort of context. But when people start censoring the "nuclear war" on Electric 6's Gay Bar song, I that that it's gone too far.

But as a sidenote, I think a lot of American stuff which gets censored by the FCC even before it reaches Britain.
  • MolokoMoloko Posts: 7,871
    Forum Member
    Wasn't bitch used a lot in old classic Dynasty? Was that ever cut out?

Bitch isn't an offensive word anymore, and tbh I don't think it ever was, so some people really needed to get over it, get off their high horses and accept that. As for cutting out nuclear war, knives, etc, I find that really patronising. Who do they think we are? Do they honestly think that we are going to start nuclear war as we that easily influenced, or run straight into the kitchen, grab a knife, and stick into the first person you see? :confused:
  • Toby LatimerToby Latimer Posts: 4,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back in the day when The Simpsons was cool to watch , one of the funniest lines from Bart when Santas Little Helper wouldn't play as he had a 'girlfriend' '' Bart: Me and Santa's Little Helper used to be a team, but he never
    wants to play any more since his bitch moved in.
    Marge: Bart, don't ever say that word again!
    Bart: Well, that's what she is. I looked it up.
    Marge: Well, I'm going to write the dictionary people and have that
    checked. Feels like a mistake to me...
  • Time To WriteTime To Write Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh they censor everything nowadays, they ever censor the word "Penis" on Friends, ridiculous.
  • The Jordan ShowThe Jordan Show Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wrong.

The word was "bench." Not "bitch."

We might not be talking about the same episode, I didn't say what the episode was about so don't automatically say I am wrong when you don't know for fact that I'm wrong, it's just really rude..and anyway, what bit of dialogue are you referring to and what episode was it from?
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gunner 51 wrote: »
    I don't mind the swearing on television so long as it's in some sort of context. But when people start censoring the "nuclear war" on Electric 6's Gay Bar song, I that that it's gone too far.

But as a sidenote, I think a lot of American stuff which gets censored by the FCC even before it reaches Britain.

The American rules are just nonsense, there you can't use 'pussy' in a sexual context, but you can use it if you're talking about a cat. Arrested Development took the pee out of this, having an ep with some uses of the word bleeped and others unbleeped.