2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He'd make a rather good doctor I think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    Look, we all know it's going to be Ronnie Corbett, so shut the @**@ up!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 401
    Forum Member
    Make the regenaration go wrong and get eccleson back ! lol lol
  • MansunMansun Posts: 2,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    Really? I always thought it wasn't announced there would be a break until after DT announced he was doing Hamlet?
    Well yes, but the break had been planned beforehand.

What happened was RTD & co secretly planned the gap year, and when Tennant was told about it he used the opportunity to go and sign up for Hamlet. Unfortunately the RSC announced details and dates of his involvement, which caused fans to go "Hang on... doesn't that clash with filming of the 2009 season?", and that then led to the BBC announcing details of the break in Doctor Who's production.

The unfortunate after-effect is that people have been left with the impression that the break was caused by DT, when in reality he had nothing to do with it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    "Daleks caan, that's a terrible haircut".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    James Nesbitt?

I'd much prefer an actor, frankly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 331
    Forum Member
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    This is old news that seems to have re-surfaced in the run up to the finale. Moffatt went on record long ago saying that James Nesbitt would definitely not be the next Doctor.

Well, actually, I think he went on recorded as saying just because he was taking over as exec producer people shouldn't assume JN would be the next Doctor.

And, similarly, JN went on record simply as saying he hadn't been asked to do it, not that he wouldn't be asked or that he wouldn't do it.