Mikey and Hayley leading the public vote?

124»

Comments

• thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,572
    Forum Member
    River Man wrote: »
    Nor me. That's why I like Danniella and want her to win.

I'm not sure it's harsh. Hayley is clearly incredibly talented and enjoying her time on the show. I'm just not keen on all the canvassing for votes.
    Of course they all do a certain amount of canvassing, but she and others take it to the extreme.
    I felt the same about Chris Hollins and all this Team Cola, Yeah Baby and Ola chops, nonsense.
    Thankfully he dropped it towards the end and he was a very deserving winner. More deserving than Ricky Whittle anyway.
    I'm probably just an old grouch who thinks it should be about the taking part and not all about the winning.

They all ask for votes on DOI or SCD - its just that some people are still not active on the net - in the same way some people have excellent websites maintained by themselves and their teams and other people don't. Kieron for example has a very large twitter fanbase compared to Hayley, Emily or Gary. Nowadays the more successful people do tend to have an impressive net presence - not clear if it makes them successful or if its because they have the money.

Not sure it matters much with the DOI voting audience as I suspect it an older less computer enabled one.
  • soapgirlheresoapgirlhere Posts: 2,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayley top Daniella bottom, shows how DS really doesn't reflect the public overall at all.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Hayley top Daniella bottom, shows how DS really doesn't reflect the public overall at all.

I think Daniella may well go tonight - I can see her and Gary in the skate off!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gutted Mikey and Mel went out....grrr Robin....Mikey had much better required elemnet, and he can skate on his own unaided...

I am really proud of Mikey for getting this far...see you on the tour Mikey and its a shame he had to go out on Ronan's song....bad omen.....hmmm...

Bless him for thanking Stephen and the other lads...

Also well done on their top 10, although it deserves to be no 1, not no 9! I have the album and its brillient....
  • EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, well I guess Mikey wasn't leading the public vote so much then... ;)
  • ladygardenerladygardener Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gutted Mikey and Mel went out....grrr Robin....Mikey had much better required element, and he can skate on his own unaided...

I agree, plus he only had a few days rehearsal with having other work commitments this week. When will the judges see what we see, that Daniella doesn't skate on her own. Even the female celebs who've already left could skate on their own.
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,572
    Forum Member
    I agree, plus he only had a few days rehearsal with having other work commitments this week. When will the judges see what we see, that Daniella doesn't skate on her own. Even the female celebs who've already left could skate on their own.

Daniella does the routine she is given. When she was given ones that required skating on her own she did it. Mikey couldn't do anything much and why would the judges or the voters want to keep in someone who was a part-time contestant and looked it, as opposed to someone with the second best scores so far?
  • LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,383
    Forum Member
    I agree, plus he only had a few days rehearsal with having other work commitments this week.

Kieron works full days on Hollyoaks and doesn't have as much practice time as the others every week.
  • rsefitpro2009rsefitpro2009 Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    It's just shows that the press do print a load of nonsense!

Mikey in the lead they say? Mikey topples Hayley they say?

Not quite how it worked out! was it?

Their was no way Mikey could have ever been ahead of Hayley, she would wipe the floor/ice with him!
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think all this voting speculation always ignores the fact that voting patterns can & do change throughout the series.

My guess is that Mikey was probably at or near the top earlier in the series - likeable guy & showed a lot of early promise but his vote probably tailed off a bit. Gary & Danny's has clearly picked up a bit.

At least we will find out at the end of the series.
  • ladygardenerladygardener Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mikey couldn't do anything much and why would the judges or the voters want to keep in someone who was a part-time contestant and looked it

He was only part-time this week. I'm not a particular fan of Mikey, I just thought he was better on Sunday than Daniella and should have been given another chance.