EastEnders premieres on BBC HD

2»

Comments

• linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im exactly the same, I'm sure Eastenders looks stunning right out of the studio but whatever they do in broadcast... :eek: They have wasted their money imo as I'm not seeing a huge difference and it's so bad the mrs isn't actually switching to HD like STV to watch it.

It may be dubbed down or edited to look a little better than SD. Maybe it's stars don't want HD or the set is not quite upto scratch? Done on the cheap?

Either way watch Coronation Street or Hollyoaks for that matter. Eastenders doesn't compare.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a really poor effort for HD.

Nobody blame my TV as Coronation Street looks 5 times more HD.

I struggled to see any difference between it in upscaled and HD. Really disappointing.

I had a quick peek and you're right. Corrie is excellent HD, EE in HD is hardly different to its SD version.
  • BorisThe GreekBorisThe Greek Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Harshad wrote: »
    10-15 mbps is what BBC HD Europe manages, why can't BBC HD uk do it, we pay the license fee, we deserve better!

I think you will find that those on the continent also pay for their version of BBC HD.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to admit that EE HD is rather underwhelming when compared with a number of other BBC productions (take The Indian Doctor for instance). Many other BBC programmes look very good or excellent (so that should lay to rest the perennial bitrate argument in this instance, but I know that it won't). It is also true to say that filming, makeup, lighting and post-production for HD is a new art in itself, So, leaving aside any creative or production decisions , maybe there needs to be some fine-tuning or additional training.

HD is not always about the wow factor or pin-sharp definition. It also encompasses a greater colour spectrum, greater dynamic range (brighter whites, darker blacks) and greater detail in backgrounds.
  • AppleTangoAppleTango Posts: 1,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only really noticed the difference during the new opening sequence.
  • dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your all wasting ur time complaining about HD on BBC as far as im concerned as long as Danielle Nagger is head of HD there will be no change in the bitrate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    It may be dubbed down or edited to look a little better than SD. Maybe it's stars don't want HD or the set is not quite upto scratch? Done on the cheap?

Either way watch Coronation Street or Hollyoaks for that matter. Eastenders doesn't compare.

Agreed the bbc is a second class effort, why bother. The other channels can do it right and they cost me nothing!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to agree that EastEnders is underwhelming in HD especially when compared to the likes of Corrie.