Video of Israeli soldiers using rocks to break the arms of captive Palestinians

Comments

• paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BRMB wrote: »
    I can remember this being shown on the news at the time. I believe it was filmed by a CBS cameraman.

Breaking bones is, or at least was, an Israeli military strategy.

(Roughly) when was it shown? - for information, not challenging your statement :)
  • tulvingtulving Posts: 2,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, israeli apologists making sick jokes about the aid workers...quite disgusting and an insult to all those that died
  • BRMBBRMB Posts: 3,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paulbrock wrote: »
    (Roughly) when was it shown? - for information, not challenging your statement :)

Late 80's, or thereabouts.

The soldiers were arrested and charged (by the Israelis themselves).
  • CXC3000CXC3000 Posts: 10,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can remember this being shown on the news at the time. I believe it was filmed by a CBS cameraman.

Breaking bones is, or at least was, an Israeli military strategy.

It certainly was :
    Early in 1989, Mr. Yitzhak Rabin, the Israeli Defense Minster at that time, ordered his soldiers to break the bones of Palestinians in order to bring the Palestinian Intifada to an end. Few the horrible stories of soldiers crushing the bones of Palestinians were televised. One report, that shocked the conscience of the whole world was filmed by the CNN network and broadcasted in the USA and Europe. This film showed Israeli soldiers trying to crush the arms of two detained Palestinian youths using huge rocks.

Full of pain and anger, Palestinians watched the bones of their children being smashed. While the world silently watched the few reported bone breaking stories, Palestinians were the ones who received the blows.

http://www.rapprochement.org/read/second-activity-break-bread-not-bones

:(
  • guest5234guest5234 Posts: 1,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many Palestinians have beheaded anyone?

Or is this just another asinine and childish giggle at Muslims?

Who said they had, I just said it's better than being beheaded.
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Don't feed it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    guest5234 wrote: »

Do you think the IDF would want to behead them then? Have you ever had the choice of having your arms broken or your head chopped off? Why suggest the option?

What a strange individual you are.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voynich wrote: »
    Don't feed it!

Sorry, you are right. A report for baiting is probably the wisest move here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Late 80's, or thereabouts.

The soldiers were arrested and charged (by the Israelis themselves).

Over 20 years ago :eek: why was this thread even started,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Are you kidding they agree with beheading and have carried it out themselves.

Madonna targeted by Muslim fanatics over Israel's attack on Gaza

Jan 11 2009 By Daniel Jones Daniel.Jones@People.Co.Uk

EXCLUSIVE Superstar's fear as Jewish links make her a target over the Gaza war Islam fanatics vow to behead Madonna Ex-Israeli agents guard her 24hrs a day She warns Guy: Beef up kids' security

Madonna has urgently beefed up her family's security after being targeted by Muslim fanatics seeking revenge for Israel's attacks on Gaza.

One Palestinian terrorist chief has threatened to BEHEAD the superstar who is a dedicated member of the Jewish Kabbalah sect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_3nqM1gF9I
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you just post one thing, then go off to look at something to back up your cretinous assertions and then change your mind when you do?

You're a troll, and a particularly nasty one at that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you just post one thing, then go off to look at something to back up your cretinous assertions and then change your mind when you do?

You're a troll, and a particularly nasty one at that.

And your hatred of israel is making you blind to what goes on, I support Israel in everything it has done to protect it's self for the last decade.
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's from The People, it must be true:rolleyes:.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And your hatred of israel is making you blind to what goes on, I support Israel in everything it has done to protect it's self for the last decade.

Wrong (again). I don't hate Israel. I don't hate anyone. I leave that to others who cannot manage a day without a bit of hate. I leave that to people who charge anyone critical of events as hating Israel, or anti-Semitic, (or 'Jew Haters' as written by one of your more stupid fellow travellers).

You are one of those people who support Israel's actions. Not because you agree with them, but because it's Israel. That makes me rather sad.
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daewos wrote: »
    Wonder if the pro-Israeli posters will comment on this? And they call the Palestinians terrorists?

Why, are you hoping for a tit-tat argument? They can show pictures and videos of strewn body parts after suicide bombings or videos of Hamas training children to use weapons and then we argue who is the most evil. From what I've read, that video from the 1980s shocked the world and it's used now to show how not to deal with people. Though why anyone needs to be told NOT to break someone's arms with rocks I don't know.
  • CXC3000CXC3000 Posts: 10,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Because the IDF still engages in that sickening act (albeit behind closed doors).

Do you know how many Palestinians children there are in Israeli prisons ?

There's stories of them being physically abused; sexually or otherwise :(
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    CXC3000 wrote: »
    Because the IDF still engages in that sickening act (albeit behind closed doors).

According to UNICEF there were over 700 in 2008 (Source)
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Though a 20 yr old video does little to confirm this and could be seen to be misleading.
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paulbrock wrote: »
    Though a 20 yr old video does little to confirm this and could be seen to be misleading.

Perhaps, but I think that the UNICEF statement quoted above is reasonably authoritative re. a contemporary outlook.

Source again
  • biomorph04biomorph04 Posts: 4,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Because it is a REAL example of Israeli abuse and it is important to be aware of such extreme abuse.

And considering that the justification for Israel's whole existence is entirely reliant on some ANCIENT fairy story, I didn't think producing an example that is a mere 20 years old would be a problem.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

EXCLUSIVE Superstar's fear as Jewish links make her a target over the Gaza war Islam fanatics vow to behead Madonna Ex-Israeli agents guard her 24hrs a day She warns Guy: Beef up kids' security

Madonna has urgently beefed up her family's security after being targeted by Muslim fanatics seeking revenge for Israel's attacks on Gaza.

One Palestinian terrorist chief has threatened to BEHEAD the superstar who is a dedicated member of the Jewish Kabbalah sect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_3nqM1gF9I

Maybe she'll become a muslim as the next change of image
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a more recent example of Israel's "democracy".

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/opinion/harrass-the-idf-not-alleged-whistleblower-anat-kam-1.736

"The Palestinians already know the IDF and Border Police shoot to kill them even when they can merely arrest them."

"But the IDF and Shin Bet don't want us to know that. It has nothing to do with security. It has everything to do with the kind of regime we're living in."

"The violent, bullying defense establishment, which smashes computers, wants to settle the score with those who knew and would not keep silent; with those who witnessed the acts and would not take part in the cover up."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you work for the Daily Mail.?
  • ennuiennui Posts: 1,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biomorph04 wrote: »
    Because it is a REAL example of Israeli abuse and it is important to be aware of such extreme abuse.

And considering that the justification for Israel's whole existence is entirely reliant on some ANCIENT fairy story, I didn't think producing an example that is a mere 20 years old would be a problem.
    Maybe, but it is a pretty substantial "ANCIENT fairy story" that happens to underpin much of our own Western Civilisation. To try to undermine the "ANCIENT fairy story" really betrays a what-have-the-Romans-ever-done-for-us mentality. Unless you are of course foreigner to our Judeo Christian post Pagan Occidental Europe. It pushes the mere 20 year old issue of this thread in to the margins of trivia, much like the testimony of the so-called peace activists who highlighted zionist jew brutality and outrage by stating the jew israeli thugs gave her clean fresh MENS underwear, the inconsiderate brutes.