Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Oh, I think she's a vindictive cow and will hold a grudge forever. PA will never totally be able to move on from her because she won't let him. She'll always be in the background trying to make him suffer for daring to walk out on the Pwicey.

I know people on here don't agree but I still say that every dumbass things she's done since they split has been to get a reaction out of him. The less he reacts, the more she gets p*ssed off. Like a spoiled child who has to have attention, he WILL take notice of her and she won't rest until she gets a rise out of him.

I do agree on some points ..but I believe it's a mutual grudge fest ..
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seeing is the Safari trip must have been in the series filming itinerary...I fail to see how this trip would be a 'surprise' for anyone - especially those being filmed but there you go. Travel, time off, jabs etc all need organising. Then there is the small matter of the fact that this looksvery very much advertising jolly to the Meru National Park and Carnivore restaurant....that's the Meru National Park and Carnivore restaurant :rolleyes::. So it's no real treat for Emily because it's a business trip, hence the faux range at a failed surprise because she's lived there as we well knows. It's all bowlocks, "reality" TV :)

The 'funniest' bit was the narrator saying Pete wants to get away 'to escape the media glare...' as the ep ended with a trailer for him in Kenya being filmed 'getting away from the media glare'. Bowlocks indeed.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I disagree Betty. I think, aside from the kids and the fame boost, PA would like to forget he ever had anything to do with her. That really is a chapter in his life he's rather remained in the past.
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Oh Pete's the child, no question. Emily is the polar opposite of him, practical, down to earth, capable, drama-free, just gets on with things. How she can stand him is beyond me. :confused:

He seems to be getting more unbearable and more unlikeable with every episode.

I'm now convinced those pugs no longer live with Pete. He was going on all in the car about the responsibility of taking on pets (referring to the fish) which implied imo that they don't actually have any pets at the moment. And said 'what will happen to them when I'm not there to feed them etc etc'? Well, what happens to the pugs when he's not there? Surely if the pugs were still there, they'd warrant a mention here..?

He seems to lurch from one charade to the next. It seems to be a winning formula.
  • hunniebunhunniebun Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the face he was pulling at the end of the show when they were previewing next weeks show - where they were showing him trying to get the bug out of his shirt was quite telling - his face was really angry - and then when he remembered the camera's were there he pulled a very fake smile out of the bag!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hunniebun wrote: »
    I think the face he was pulling at the end of the show when they were previewing next weeks show - where they were showing him trying to get the bug out of his shirt was quite telling - his face was really angry - and then when he remembered the camera's were there he pulled a very fake smile out of the bag!

He just comes across as very petulant. Emily at times looks like she's experienced this with him too, hence her manner with him, like she's fine when he's fine, but has to watch herself when he's not. Another unwitting enabler imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I disagree Betty. I think, aside from the kids and the fame boost, PA would like to forget he ever had anything to do with her. That really is a chapter in his life he's rather remained in the past.

We will have to agree to disagree Blondie .. If he wants her to remain in his past..why does he talk about her on his show ?
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We will have to agree to disagree Blondie .. If he wants her to remain in his past..why does he talk about her on his show ?

I don't watch his show so I can only take your word for it he talks about her. I'd say that using her name keeps the media interested but that wasn't what you said, you said it's a mutual grudge which isn't the same thing as just talking about her.
  • Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicola32 wrote: »
    Erm...do you not think the kids would tell her?

I know women with children who every time they visit their father all they do when they come home is tell their mum what they have been doing and who they have seen while with their father. That's what children of that age do Betty.

I remember when my son was around Junior's age he came back from a day with his dad telling me that daddy had taken him to the fair and a girl called Nina came as well, he also told me that daddy was holding her hand and they kissed sometimes.:D

Believe me, if there are any women in their dad's house when they are there their mum would know about it.

I wouldn't mind betting that they talk about Emily a lot to their mum.

In my opinion, the MOTHER is usually the central figure in a kids life (barring other circumstances of course - ie. single dads with full rights etc) and whether they go back and tell on mum or dad or whoever, shes usually the person they run to when they fall over, get cut etc

... but yet she shouldnt have final say over whether her kids are splattered all over reality tv.

Bizarre! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    He just comes across as very petulant. Emily at times looks like she's experienced this with him too, hence her manner with him, like she's fine when he's fine, but has to watch herself when he's not. Another unwitting enabler imo.

Like when he started up and she cringed and went "oh here we go". Obviously wasn't the first moment she's had to deal with that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She'll always be in the background trying to make him suffer for daring to walk out on the Pwicey.

I'm not so sure he did just walk out on her. There were a lot of rumours it had fallen apart long before people knew and they were keeping it going due to the tv show, jobs booked. Infact they were both out a few nights before the news leaked looking awkward. He could well have left as agreed.

Of course for CAN it sounds better he dramatically walked out - but is she really the type to let a man just go?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't watch his show so I can only take your word for it he talks about her. I'd say that using her name keeps the media interested but that wasn't what you said, you said it's a mutual grudge which isn't the same thing as just talking about her.

I don't watch it either.. Unfortunately I caught approx 4 mins of his show this week.. But others have said he mentions her often
  • momma11momma11 Posts: 3,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't watch it either.. Unfortunately I caught approx 4 mins of his show this week.. But others have said he mentions her often[/QUOTE]

No he doesn't Betty , he did mention her a couple of weeks ago to deny her statement about comments he supposedly made about her wedding , he claimed he never mentioned it at all nor did his management.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicola32 wrote: »
    You talking about below the belt digs?? Oh..the irony.:D

Just for future reference Nicola, ive gone through an image rehabilitation process at some barn in Sussex - if anyone mentions my past behaviour i'm just going to cry a lot, fly to malta and point to my sick goldfish.

:cool:
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    In my opinion, the MOTHER is usually the central figure in a kids life (barring other circumstances of course - ie. single dads with full rights etc) and whether they go back and tell on mum or dad or whoever, shes usually the person they run to when they fall over, get cut etc

... but yet she shouldnt have final say over whether her kids are splattered all over reality tv.

Bizarre! ;)

If they were in agreement over most other things then Yes, the mother should have her say but Katie does things out of pure spite and to cause the most rancour. Is it any wonder they will not jump to agree when her motives are far from wanting the best for her children and aimed at only causing problems for Pete.

So if on the occasion she does have her childrens best interests at heart, it is viewed as more of the same.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    momma11 wrote: »
    I don't watch it either.. Unfortunately I caught approx 4 mins of his show this week.. But others have said he mentions her often[/QUOTE]

No he doesn't Betty , he did mention her a couple of weeks ago to deny her statement about comments he supposedly made about her wedding , he claimed he never mentioned it at all nor did his management.

They mentioned the court case I believe a few times this week
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SenseiSam
    Katie doesn't do interviews with those mags .

This made me splutter . She would do an interview with the devil himself if the pay was good enough.

Thanks for the laugh Betty, it's an horrible day here :D
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It does worry me how he would react if his show on ITV got cancelled and then the 60 minute makeover decided to get rid of him too and then the paps stopped taking his picture, I think he wouldn't handle it well at all, he loves all the attention so to say he wanted to escape the media glare is utter crap
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Smithy1204 wrote: »
    Agreed with this. Especially the last part. I can't believe I watched half a programme about getting some fish. What on earth has my life come to? :o In my defence...I was reading at the same time. That cancels it out...right?

Although I did laugh out loud when he was deciding where to put it, and he walked past it in the hall(?) paying loads of attention to them, and then casually walking past again giving the fish a little casual nod, it made me giggle. :D

I interpreted it the same with the Kenya thing - I think he was half-joking and playing up to it by the end, but was clearly bothered by it. In which case a) I can see why he was bothered in some ways, he was obviously wanting to surprise her and make it special and felt like the wind had been taken out of his sails(?), but b) Listen to your girlfriend when she's clearly told you about her life by the sounds of it; c) Stop trying to make everything so absolutely amazing and one-off and competing to be the 'best' at it all, just because someone's done something before doesn't mean they can't love it again; d) Get over it, it's cringeworthy trying to watch somebody reassuring someone repeatedly.

Having said that, if someone was trying to give me a really special moment/holiday, my reactions would not be along the lines of 'Oh I've done that before, I hardly saw anything last time', I'd just go with the moment.

His hand looked painful, and he did seem very fed up with everything by the end, you could see he was tired when he was rubbing his hand over his face when he was talking. So either way, hopefully they had a good break in Kenya, he's still human no matter how annoying sometimes, so I hope he enjoyed it. :)

The fish moment was quite funny but I can't help but think PA knew it was humorous (compared to his usual standards) & had the scene planned to a T in his head before he went with it.

Completely agree with point C. He has to make sure everything is bigger and better, why not just relax a bit & go with the flow.
    Butterface wrote: »
    He DID look thoroughly pished off and disappointed, I agree, but also hugely embarrassed and disconcerted that the big surprise had spectacularly backfired (hence the over the shoulder look at his 'people', as if to say 'errr can't quite believe this is happening??").

He had the starey rabbit-in-headlights look for a few seconds as he tried to work out what Emily was actually saying, then he said, "you've done a safari in Kenya before???" to which she said, "ummm yes, twice.... and we lived in Kenya for two years when I was little, remember, I said?"

Another starey rabbit-in-headlights look, (he'd clearly forgotten that conversation), THEN he kind of gathered himself together and started making light of it, and Emily began to giggle.

His gobsmacked look when she failed to get uber excited re the Kenyan safari was a classic Peter Andre moment though. Really worth youtubing.

The panic stricken look when he realised his plan wasn't perfect did make me laugh:D

I got the impression it was a nervous giggle from Ems & she was desperately trying to reassure poor Pete that it'd all be fine & he was still perfect.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They mentioned the court case I believe a few times this week

Well yes but the court case concerns him. It's his business too surely?

It's inevitable that some refs will be made to KP if it's eg. child-related or courtcase-related or whatever. It's not the mentioning it so much as the way he does it with his martyred DOTY 'it's all too much for me' face combined with the martyred narration and then, increasingly of late, nauseatingly over-egging everything even more by having Emily speak to camera about how he needs a break, is under pressure, needs to get away blah blah etc. :rolleyes::yawn::sleep:

It's like everything on his show: it's not what he does, it's the way that he does it.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    It does worry me how he would react if his show on ITV got cancelled and then the 60 minute makeover decided to get rid of him too and then the paps stopped taking his picture, I think he wouldn't handle it well at all, he loves all the attention so to say he wanted to escape the media glare is utter crap

I can only guess that the 'panic attacks' would occur once more and a posed pic of sobbing in his mum's arms.

Poor wee Peteybabes.:cry::cry:
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see he has been to Malta again
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    I see he has been to Malta again

............a freebie no doubt.:yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    If they were in agreement over most other things then Yes, the mother should have her say but Katie does things out of pure spite and to cause the most rancour. Is it any wonder they will not jump to agree when her motives are far from wanting the best for her children and aimed at only causing problems for Pete.

So if on the occasion she does have her childrens best interests at heart, it is viewed as more of the same.

Like the boy who cried wolf type thing?

Yeah fair point i guess

But i look at this (04:20) and its pretty blatantly obvious to me she's being really genuine about the kids:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=947zjvoZAdo
This discussion has been closed.