Top Boy Ch4

1235»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    morrj003 wrote: »
    Is that all men want if only life were that simple ! Again is Top Boy saying that white males are supreme everyone should roll over and have their tummy's tickled like some kind of lap dog if they come into contact with them.
    Don't know about Government conspiracy though bit too advanced for channel 4.

Dude your being harsh. Top Boy is about shouting out the minority voices. They have one of the biggest black/asian casts out of any crime drama on Channel 4. I think this is gonna get a real as it get until those capitalist institutions hire other people besides middle class white men. Don't believe everything you see on tv.
    Forum Member
    morrj003 wrote: »
    I think the brutality is horrible ! What is the raw brutality of life on the streets I don't think you would really like to know. I see too much of it in my job and it's not nice. Things will only get worse with the way that the Government are changes the benefits system. We are going to see extreme poverty will the new series of Top Boy show this ?

Isn't that the point though? The point is life in that the unfortunate environment they live in is horrible. Even the language they use like constantly saying f*** or c*** its al part of the reality. Is the most real thing when you compare it to commercial programmes that all have the same kind of people in like the avengers etc. People need to be educated and properly know what cultures are out there and tv is a great medium to do that! It's just unfortunate that until now everything successful has all been created to make money!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Yes there's definitely a distinct difference between channel 4 and other mainstream companies about how their lives are represented. I thought there was a lot more human depth to Dushane, I thought they were to do the old cliffhanger trick where he actually does betray his friends. Looking forward to the next series as well!

I was wondering. Did everyone here watch Top Boy on their own or with people e.g. family or friends? And whichever one it was why?
  • jonnyinscotlandjonnyinscotland Posts: 999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been meaning to post in this rather strange thread for a while.

I think all the people that have responded to Jamie Morris are Jamie Morris. It seems suspicious that all the replies are from a member with a low post count who joined recently.

Apologies if I'm completely wrong...
    Forum Member
    Yes there's definitely a distinct difference between channel 4 and other mainstream companies about how their lives are represented. I thought there was a lot more human depth to Dushane, I thought they were to do the old cliffhanger trick where he actually does betray his friends. Looking forward to the next series as well!

I was wondering. Did everyone here watch Top Boy on their own or with people e.g. family or friends? And whichever one it was why?

I actually watched it with my family! I'm quite close to my mum so we just watched it since it was shown through a course of 4 days back to back. Obviously the next day at college I talk about it to my friends and still do. I'm quite glad it was shown so late, not only was it past the watershed but its generally a time where teenagers and adults (which I assume are the people that watch it) are all up. It meant u could have all the cool action and language shizz which is what we all need for a hard hitting drama!
    Forum Member

I think all the people that have responded to Jamie Morris are Jamie Morris. It seems suspicious that all the replies are from a member with a low post count who joined recently.

It's a fair point. But I have no idea who Jamie_Morris is apart from being on this forum. I just find the thread interesting! Also, I just had a look and not only do the months differ on the joint date, but there are also some people who are regular posters contributing as well. So in that case I accept your apology. :D
    Forum Member

That's a strange assumption. Is it not possible for a new user to use this forum to contribute to talk about a tv show they like without being called fake? How rude.
    Forum Member
    I dunno I watched it mostly on my own to be honest. It was something that related to me mostly so my family didn't really watch it. I'm an only child so I didn't have any brothers or sisters to watch it with.
    Forum Member

Who is this guy? I'm REAL you idiot
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am rewatching the series, sad there is no 3rd series.
  • FrankBTFrankBT Posts: 4,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 19/07/23 - 17:55 #112
    Just started watching this (2 eps in) for the first time. I didn't realise how far back it was originally shown (2011). It's depressingly brutal and realistic, and just shows 12 years on that nothing has changed since then. If anything, London's drug problem has got a lot worse and more violent since 2011, and things were bad enough then. But at least we had some police around back then, which is barely the case today. Eg we weren't hearing back in 2011 that the war on drugs was lost.

Well worth catching up with if you want to watch a grim, realistic drama that's violent, full of expletives and doesn't pull its punches. You'll need subtitles with this as well.
  • mabey19mabey19 Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FrankBT wrote: »
    Just started watching this (2 eps in) for the first time. I didn't realise how far back it was originally shown (2011). It's depressingly brutal and realistic, and just shows 12 years on that nothing has changed since then. If anything, London's drug problem has got a lot worse and more violent since 2011, and things were bad enough then. But at least we had some police around back then, which is barely the case today. Eg we weren't hearing back in 2011 that the war on drugs was lost.

Well worth catching up with if you want to watch a grim, realistic drama that's violent, full of expletives and doesn't pull its punches. You'll need subtitles with this as well.

I love this show, I'm so glad Netflix picked it up and we'll get the final season soon.