[Game] The Mix Factor 4: Launch Thread

Comments

• SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oops, sorry about those, yes I'll post them here so I can get my wildcard Boy choice. :)

Here's mine and see what you think of them.

Raphael Herrerias (France)
    I was checking him out earlier today, this boy could be a real favorite for many people and I for one am going to help him with that along with many ideas.

Josh Brookes (Australia)
    When I was thinking of fun, this guy popped right into my head. I don't care what happened to him on the real show, he has a terrific voice and he's full of fun!

Alex Rudiart (Indonesia)
    This is my darkhorse choice, his voice is very different but is very unique in a rock-ish sort of way. But nonetheless, I can see this little rock star become a born superstar!

So yeah, no sign of any UK or USA boys chosen, unless one of them pops up in the wildcard selection. ;)
  • EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another very varied team already, which means I can give you a mixed selection of acts for your wildcard option. I've given people wildcard options from only Australia and Denmark in the past, so here's a selection of acts from The Netherlands for you to choose from:

Haris Alagic (The Netherlands series 5)

Adriaan Persons (The Netherlands series 5)

Kelvin Muis (The Netherlands series 3)

Pick one please.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,313
    Forum Member
    I just pm'd my choices wasnt sure if I should post or pm them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well this one was actually an easy one. Haris is almost similar to Raphael in terms of voices so it's between Adriann & Kelvin. I really like both of them but for one, I was enjoying one of them more than the other. Adriann is great but similar to Josh so I'm going for what may be my broadway star that is Kelvin Muis! :D
    Forum Member
    Josh Krajcik (USA)

As soon as I got this category Josh was one act that popped straight into my head. He was an absolute incredible artist and had such a powerful voice and can summon emotion I haven't seen for a while. I hope tht I can develop this a bit more and let him rock the competition.

Rachel Kramer (Dutch)

Rachel has earned a place on the overs team as she is a beautiful lady, but boy does she have an incredible voice. She is a very versatile artist and I need someone different with a bit of a country vibe on my team. So Rachel welcome aboard.

Dionne Mitchell (UK)

I am gonna make Dionne my risk of the competition. When she was in the competition she was absolutely incredible and I honestly believe had she entered in any other season bar Leona's, she would have potentially won. I plan to really tap into the rawness and try to shape her into the diamond that she is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That means we're gonna have two Josh's in one game, lol.

Great selection though, can't wait to see what you have planned for Dionne.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All right. Niall had the following to say when I gave him his wildcard options:
    _NiallDEE_ wrote:
    I'll pick Orpheus as they have this really great soulful vibe to them that I think would be great to mentor :D

Which means that we know the contenders in both the groups and boys categories now:

Niall and the groups
    Alien Beat Club
    Fifth Harmony
    One Direction
    Orpheus

Steve and the boys
    Alex Rudiart
    Josh Brookes
    Kelvin Muis
    Raphael Herrerias
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Three wildcard options for you as well Stephen:

Sveinur (Denmark series 5)

Mitchell Callaway (Australia series 3)

Anna Wilson (New Zealand series 1)
    Starting at 6:25

Please post the one you're getting on board your team.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    <3 Anna Wilson <3

:o
    Forum Member
    Sorry had to duck out for a bit there. Had a quick listen and for me it's between Sveinur and Anna. I think in order to make my team as strong and also as versatile I am gonna take the incredible Anna through with me
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which means that Anna Wilson becomes the fourth and final addition to Stephen's category. :)

Stephen and the over 25s
    Anna Wilson
    Dionne Mitchell
    Josh Krajcik
    Rachel Kramer

Just waiting for Kev now to get his team sorted before I will give you the themes for the first THREE live shows, meaning you'll have 2 weeks to prepare songs for those shows.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THREE? Looks like we've got our work cut out. :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    Three, looks like we've got our work cut out.

It's just that it only seems fair to give you most of the time I'll be away to pick songs. The first few weeks are usually the most difficult weeks, as everyone has so many acts and needs to find sing-off songs for said acts on top of that. The lack of a direction can also mean more time having to be invested at the start as you don't yet know what the public will like.

This way you'll have 2 weeks to sort out songs for the first live show, maybe even the second and third.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for my lateness,that's what you get for walking up a mountain! Brilliant panel and great acts so far, I'm confident with my girls I have picked and look forward to choosing my wildcard!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »
    Sorry for my lateness,that's what you get for walking up a mountain! Brilliant panel and great acts so far, I'm confident with my girls I have picked and look forward to choosing my wildcard!

Kev, you can post your choices on the thread you know? I can only give you your three wildcards after that. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First of all, love my category :D

My acts are:

Melissa Heiduk - I have chosen Melissa because she has an incredible tone, it's bluesy and raspy but there's something very edgy and ~out there~ about her voice, I definitely think she has something special, some sort of potential that I feel I can untap.

Karoline - Karoline is a brilliant vocalist, she has a really soulful tone but also something kinda left-field and quirky about her tone, as shown in this brilliant cover of a rather awful Justin Bieber song :p Karoline is my trump card!

Milou Van Egmond - Milou had a lovely tone to her voice and despite her lack of age and experience, she really captivated the audience in my opinion with her unique tone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All right, that's Kevin's three initial picks right there. Like everyone else, he has a pretty varied team already. None of his acts can be described as difficult to mentor though, hence me giving him three quirky girls to choose from for his final act:

Bella Ferraro (Australia series 4)

Cassie Henderson (New Zealand series 1)

Janet Devlin (UK series 8)

Take your pick Kev!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a choice of girls, I hope Bella gets picked!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Cassie Henderson is great aside from her inability to sing in tune for longer than 10 seconds, I love Janet but I have already mentored her for a full series and well, I almost picked Bella so my fourth act is the fantastic Bella Ferraro!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay! :D

Bella is one of those people that should've easily won the real show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And so Bella Ferraro becomes the 4th member of Kevin's amazing category.

Kevin and the girls (take 2 :p)
    Bella Ferraro
    Milou van Egmond
    Melissa Heiduk
    Karoline
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now let's hope the girls don't get wiped out this time.

Anyways, what an amazing top 16 we have! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Milou Van Egmond has by far the most interesting name in the competition so my acts will slay
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »
    Milou Van Egmond has by far the most interesting name in the competition so my acts will slay

Her name reminds me of Van Gogh, the famous painter, a bit actually. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only ears being cut off will be the audience's when the twelve acts that aren't mine perform :p