Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gloria Hunniford. I was standing behind her in a queue at a DIY shop. She saw I had only one item and told me to go first as she had a query as well as items to pay for. That was quite thoughtful.
  • soilhoofsoilhoof Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That doesn't surprise me about him:mad:

You must have met him on an off day - he's usually really approachable and down to Earth!
  • GalindaGalinda Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am loving this thread, great to read through.

I go to the theatre alot and so "celebs" often pop up in various plays and musicals I have seen and I have been known to stage door in my younger days!! Here's a few I can remember (have put in brackets what they are known for as most aren't that famous!):

Mathew Horne (Gavin & Stacey) - Quite shy, but seemed a nice enough bloke. His acting in the play wasn't up to much though.

Ben Richards (The Bill) - Met him years and years ago before he'd been on TV and he was quite in love with himself back then. My friend loved him but I thought he was a bit of a prat!

Adam Garcia (Got to Dance, Saturday Night Fever) - really lovely, very witty too.

Lee Evans - Such a top bloke! Took time to speak to everyone, asking our names, shaking hands etc. He was just like he is on TV although not so hyper!

Russell Tovey (Being Human) - Really nice bloke. Down to earth. To be honest think he was surprised someone knew who the hell he was (this was before he did Being Human).

Will Ash (Waterloo Road) - Lovely lovely bloke. Spoke to me and my friend for absolutely ages. Really down to earth. Met him twice and he remembered us after about a year. Fab actor - wasted in Waterloo Road.

Barry off Eastenders - Seemed nice. My friend stopped him so I was merely observing!

Kym Marsh - My friend stopped her for an autograph for some unknown reason! She appeared quite up herself.

Shane Richie - have a vague memory of meeting him years ago (before EE) and he was nice enough but seemed big headed!

Pam Ferris (Darling Buds of May) - quite random meeting her but she was so lovely!

Anyway that's enough from me..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Met Jimmy Carr last week, he was lovely. Chatted for ages and just a genuine guy.
  • Katla RevengerKatla Revenger Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    Had the misfortune to bump into her recently in Westfield, we were about to get in the lift on the Wood Lane entrance when this guy put his hand up and said 'sorry lift full' , ignoring his presence we got on only to be subjected to HER complaining about having ordinarily people in her presence.

Quick as a flash my OH turned around and mouthed ' you shit and talk out of your arse so you are just as ordinary as us', her face was a picture.:D

She even tried to get the security to remove us from Westfield, the bloke she was with that day was NOT Lampard but ..........;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    Had the misfortune to bump into her recently in Westfield, we were about to get in the lift on the Wood Lane entrance when this guy put his hand up and said 'sorry lift full' , ignoring his presence we got on only to be subjected to HER complaining about having ordinarily people in her presence.

Quick as a flash my OH turned around and mouthed ' you shit and talk out of your arse so you are just as ordinary as us', her face was a picture.:D

She even tried to get the security to remove us from Westfield, the bloke she was with that day was NOT Lampard but ..........;)

Gosh, you really put her in her place there.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

OMG! Not exactly the sickly sweet way she comes over on the TV is it? Who the hell does she think she is? And trying to have you thrown out of, is it a shopping centre? Sorry I've never heard of Westfield :o

I'll never be able to look at the same way now, what a b!tch!

And who was the bloke she was with? It's OK, you can tell us, we won't tell anyone :D

EDIT: Good for your OH for putting her in her place :D
  • lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    OMG! Not exactly the sickly sweet way she comes over on the TV is it? Who the hell does she think she is? And trying to have you thrown out of, is it a shopping centre? Sorry I've never heard of Westfield :o

And who was the bloke she was with? It's OK, you can tell us, we won't tell anyone :D

You should see how many anti Christina posts this poster has made. Not one mention of the poster meeting her until now. ;) Just a lot of insults. I am not sure this meeting took place.;)
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=VLJ&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&q=+site:digitalspy.co.uk+Katla+Revenger++Christine+Bleakley&ei=0hnaS6riIZTw0gTCt71N&sa=X&oi=forum_cluster&resnum=2&ct=more-results&ved=0CBQQrQIwAQ

Maybe i am wrong. :o
    Forum Member
    lucy mane wrote: »
    You should see how many anti Christina posts this poster has made. Not one mention of the poster meeting her until now. ;) Just a lot of insults. I am not sure this meeting took place.;)
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=VLJ&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&q=+site:digitalspy.co.uk+Katla+Revenger++Christine+Bleakley&ei=0hnaS6riIZTw0gTCt71N&sa=X&oi=forum_cluster&resnum=2&ct=more-results&ved=0CBQQrQIwAQ

Maybe i am wrong. :o

Sadly on my part it did happen,:o

I certainly do not like her and yes every post quoted was published a few weeks after the incident,on a separate note it was Childs she was with.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    What a stupid,jumped up BIATCH!!
    Forum Member
    No wonder Bleakley was good at a certain dance routine on SCD, she certainly looked Tangoed.:D
  • mike1948mike1948 Posts: 2,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Westfield is a huge indoor shopping centre nearly opposite BBC TV in the White City/Shepherds Bush area of West London.

Surely if she does not want to be recognised she should wear sun glasses to disguise himself. Then she would not to be pestered by the public for autographs.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why we think alot of female presenters are the 'sweet' type we see on telly. Being cynical I would imagine that it's a very cut throat world and that most of them will fight tooth and nail to get what they want. I can't imagine that 'niceness' would get them very far. Hopefully I'm wrong.
  • fynefunfynefun Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    a few years back eastenders filmed around the west coast of scotland and all stayed locally in a small town, was the story when barry got thrown off the mountain, barry was a great guy, sang his heart out at the local karaoke, sonia martin spencer and loads of the young cast were there and were tremendous fun esp sonia, martin even got involved with a local lass, out of them all the only misery was janine who didnt speak to any locals and was so up herself, sorry using the characters name but havent a clue what most of their real names are
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fynefun wrote: »
    a few years back eastenders filmed around the west coast of scotland and all stayed locally in a small town, was the story when barry got thrown off the mountain, barry was a great guy, sang his heart out at the local karaoke, sonia martin spencer and loads of the young cast were there and were tremendous fun esp sonia, martin even got involved with a local lass, out of them all the only misery was janine who didnt speak to any locals and was so up herself, sorry using the characters name but havent a clue what most of their real names are

Natalie Cassidy seemed like a nice lass when she was on SCD and that documentary about the last days of Wendy Richard - both her and the bloke who played Martin came across well in the later program too.
  • Arsene wengerArsene wenger Posts: 4,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was stood in front of his car - admittedly looking up at some building or something and I didn't see him trying to pull out, so he beeped...I looked and moved and then he called me a stupid cow! I wish I had said something offensive back but was a bit too shocked. :)

Mistaken identity, I'm afraid. Arsene will never do that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    MJ_lives wrote: »
    I would have screamed with joy and not taken it personally either!! :D

And James May = God ;)

A very good friend of mine met the TG team:

Clarkson - very up himself
    May - weirder in real life than on the TV (yes really)
    Hammond - very nice and friendly
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    Nicest - Michael J

Nastiest - Robbie Williams
  • RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicest: Mark Charncock (Marlon in Emmerdale). My mum knows his mum, randomly. He's a really genuinely nice guy.

Prince Charles and Camilla - saw them in Leeds when they were opening a refurbished theatre house about 18 months ago. Both very attentive and very polite.

Matthew Wright (yes really!) when I was younger I emailed him asking for advice on getting into journalism and he wrote me a lovely personal email back with lots of advice that really helped me choose my A-Levels.

Yvette Fielding - Went to see a live recording of Most Haunted a few years ago and she made the effort to come over and sign autographs for the kids in the crowd and shake hands and generally be nice. Her husband Karl is the same.

Not so nice: Craig Charles, I met him at a 'comedy' gig pre Corrie, he was fairly racist, drunk, sweaty and obscenely rude.

Derek Acorah - at the same Most Haunted screening he refused to come over, sign autographs or anything - just waved from afar and shouted 'tonight will be good' (how would he know...he's supposed to be a psychic not someone who can see into the future). He's a total fraud anyway.

Tim 'I'm 50 and from the Home Counties and I'm a Vicar's son but I'm DOWN WITH IT' Westwood. Complete prat. Believes his own hype and keeps making gun impressions and going 'pew pew'!! (what!?). Wears silly tracksuits, cheap bling and actually asks for Crystal champagne at his low-rent student uni gigs. I doubt he'd notice if we'd have given him Woodpecker in a champagne flute.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    realwales wrote: »
    Jimmy's a decent guy. Not the easiest man in the world to manage, particularly in his younger days, but he is very pleasant nonetheless.

If you're looking for a tosser from the snooker world, look no further than Peter Ebdon.

Nice to hear that Jimmy's nice, I've never met him, but always liked him.

As for snooker world tossers - I'll add Dennis Taylor to that - not like he seems on the tv. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 249
    Forum Member

surprised at this,while she was doing her water sking practice down here, she and her crew used a local taxi to ferry them back to london.the driver was a friend of mine and he said how lovely she was and chatted away and was very approacable.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    okm wrote: »
    Nicest - Michael J

Nastiest - Robbie Williams

Why, what did Robbie Williams do?
  • jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member

You do realise his post was entirely false? He hates her, always criticeses her yet never mentioned meeting her before?
  • BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,689
    Forum Member
    I've met Eastenders Lacey Turner (Stacey)and H&A's Ray Meagher and Lynne McGranger (Alf and Irene) and they were all really nice.
    Forum Member
    jackol wrote: »
    You do realise his post was entirely false? He hates her, always criticeses her yet never mentioned meeting her before?

Before you call me a liar I suggest get a source to back up your claim ,oh wait you can't because you were not there:rolleyes:, stupidity is more than a state of mind where you are concerned, its your lifestyle.:D

I hate her, I criticise her, big bloody deal. You may worship her skinny knock kneed bones but i don't, DEAL WITH IT.:D