Whatever happened to the "I Dreamed a Dream" woman?

SeanHunterSeanHunter Posts: 1,374
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Remember, she came on in 2009. Dowdy spinster, "never been kissed" she said. Everyone had a giggle at her. Then she started to sing "I Dreamed a Dream" and it just blew everyone's socks off.

Anyone know how she got on after that? I'm sure she was from up my way in one of the wee villages in the West Calder area. She was really good.

Comments

• iloathedanniiiloathedannii Posts: 1,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she was deported to Zimbabwe with Gabbo.
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you been in a cave? Subo, got like a number one single, number one album in uk and america and smashed pre-order sales on amazon, released a second album and done the same and became only the second person (aside the beatles) to hold a number 1 album in the uk and us twice at the same time. She has just appeared on children in need and got plaudits for her duet with peter kay which also done well in the chats but for chairty...and if your in scotland then she is never out the paps or off the news. apprearences, birthday etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SeanHunter wrote: »
    Remember, she came on in 2009. Dowdy spinster, "never been kissed" she said. Everyone had a giggle at her. Then she started to sing "I Dreamed a Dream" and it just blew everyone's socks off.

Anyone know how she got on after that? I'm sure she was from up my way in one of the wee villages in the West Calder area. She was really good.

Are you winding us up Sean?
  • iloathedanniiiloathedannii Posts: 1,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SeanHunter a WUM?

Never! :D
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    F1etch wrote: »
    Have you been in a cave? Subo, got like a number one single, number one album in uk and america and smashed pre-order sales on amazon, released a second album and done the same and became only the second person (aside the beatles) to hold a number 1 album in the uk and us twice at the same time. She has just appeared on children in need and got plaudits for her duet with peter kay which also done well in the chats but for chairty...and if your in scotland then she is never out the paps or off the news. apprearences, birthday etc.

I think Sean was doing a wind up. He has previous form :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    F1etch wrote: »

She's never had a #1 single. She probably never will, she's an album seller. (A massive album seller..)
  • johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    She jumped the shark in front of the Pope.
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    SeanHunter wrote: »

Well you're either being sarcastic, ignorant, or just had your head buried in the sand for the las 2 years.
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VodkaLove wrote: »
    (A massive album seller..)
    Understatement.