Chromecast

Comments

• tom558tom558 Posts: 547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gdog38 wrote: »
    Thanks for the link. Downloaded it and i cant believe there are exiting apps for chromecast, some arent avaliabe in the UK but i just hope there are more to come...

Being on this forum,are you into technology? Have you tried this app for your Chromecast?
    Its American in origin but there is some interesting content on there,give it a try,if you have not done so already :)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.markhanson.twitcast&hl=en
  • gdog38gdog38 Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the heads up..
  • x6461x6461 Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    With all the current offers with Chromecast this means buy one now and it pays for itself.

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6008836?hl=en-GB
  • howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    I signed up to unotelly but when changing to...eg USA, when i cast the film I want it does not work and a message comes up 'unable to play .....' (can't remember the exact message), my son has the same result on his.
    When I do find a film that plays on USA netflix,i find, UK netflix has it as well anyway!

Any one with solution
  • ovbgovbg Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you blocked Google's Smart DNS at your router level? Have you also set up Unotelly at your router.

The Chromecast requires both
    Forum Member
    Any goods apps coming out in 2015 for chromecast.

Thanks
    Forum Member
    x6461 wrote: »
    Eurosport Player should be coming to Chromecast soon,I asked them about it coming to Roku and this was the response they sent.

"Thank you for contacting the Eurosport Player customer support.

We're getting back to you regarding the Eurosport services and compatible devices.

Please kindly be advised that the requested Roku device is not compatible with the Player Eurosport.

However, please be advised that from your current location you should be able to access the Eurosport Player from:

- From your PC or MAC.

- Iphone, Ipad,Ipod.

- Android phone and tablet.

-Panasonic Viera TV

-LG smart TV version 2012

- Samsung Connected TV

- Xbox One and 360

Also, we would like to inform you that the Eurosport Player will be compatible with Chromecast services by the beginning of January 2015.

Should you need further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

The Eurosport Player Team"

This is not added to Chromecast yet. Is it delayed maybe. Come on Chromecast give us Eurosport..
    Forum Member
    This is not added to Chromecast yet. Is it delayed maybe. Come on Chromecast give us Eurosport..

Yes maybe delayed they really do need to roll this out to all the main streaming players, I now have Eurosport Player sideloaded on my Amazon Fire Tv it works but not ideal as it can crash switching channels and you need a mouse.
    Forum Member
    Tv player is also delayed. Wrote to tv player regarding chromecast support but they still haven't got back to me... :cry:
  • BrolacBrolac Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    My Chromecast has stopped working today, can't complete the reset set-up proceedure for some reason.Funny as it was working fine yesterday!

Don't know if it's due to an update or what.Does anyone have problems today?
    Forum Member
    My Chromecast is working ok. I dont no why you cant reset it. There is no update as far as i know. Maybe you might have to unplug your chromecast and unistall the app. Then plug it in reinstall the app. Put your password in from your router it should work.
    Forum Member
    Yes I did all that several times with no success.

Eventually, my hub password was accepted, and all is now OK.

No idea why I had this problem.I did notice there are some changes with the You Tube App,although nothing worked inc Netflix as the CC couldn't connect due to my password issue.
    Forum Member
    I am glad you got it sorted now
    Forum Member
    Thanks gdog
    Forum Member
    I do hope Eurosport and TV player launch on Chromecast because those will be good apps. I also dip into the cast store app to see if there's anything new. but most of them are from the US and regarding the Lifetime app why is it not streamed here. >:(
    Forum Member
    Latest response from Eurosport

Thank you for contacting the Eurosport Player customer support.

We're getting back to you further to your Eurosport Player chromecast compatibility enquiry.

We regret to inform you that the requested service is not compatible with the Player Eurosport.

However, please be advised that from your current location you should be able to access the Eurosport Player from:

- From your PC or MAC.

- Iphone, Ipad,Ipod.

-Panasonic Viera TV

- Samsung Connected TV

- Xbox One and 360

Not good, I have now got an Intel NUC DN2820 and am using this for Eurosport player.
    Forum Member
    x6461 wrote: »
    Latest response from Eurosport

Thank you for contacting the Eurosport Player customer support.

We're getting back to you further to your Eurosport Player chromecast compatibility enquiry.

We regret to inform you that the requested service is not compatible with the Player Eurosport.

- From your PC or MAC.

- Iphone, Ipad,Ipod.

-Panasonic Viera TV

- Samsung Connected TV

- Xbox One and 360

Not good, I have now got an Intel NUC DN2820 and am using this for Eurosport player.

This is sad news. You would of thought that Eurosport will come to chromecast. We so need sport to be supported for this streaming service. I bet TV player is not going to be supported too. We want more apps please
  • ClusterbombedClusterbombed Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Google are giving away another Movie Rental if you go to chromecast.com/offers
  • Kenny MacleanKenny Maclean Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Google are giving away another Movie Rental if you go to chromecast.com/offers

Thanks for that. I had also forgotten that I had another rental offer to use from a few months ago (which I had to use first), so that's two rentals in HD.
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annoying that Blinkbox are stopping support for my LG TV. Looks like a Chromecast is the option - but i'm confused. The advantage of my telly was that it has a wired Ethernet connection to my router - this insists on using Wifi for everything.

And where does the playback app run? On the 'cast - or is it my PC or tablet doing the work?

As in - is the 'cast pulling data direct from the remote end - or would I, for example, have to have Blink running on my tablet while watching Game of Thrones on the telly?
    Forum Member
    alcockell wrote: »
    Annoying that Blinkbox are stopping support for my LG TV. Looks like a Chromecast is the option - but i'm confused. The advantage of my telly was that it has a wired Ethernet connection to my router - this insists on using Wifi for everything.

And where does the playback app run? On the 'cast - or is it my PC or tablet doing the work?

As in - is the 'cast pulling data direct from the remote end - or would I, for example, have to have Blink running on my tablet while watching Game of Thrones on the telly?

I have my chromecast running on my tablet through WIFI only and you can do that through your PC too. Set up your chromecast with the chromecast app. Put the chromecast in the side of your TV with the USB connected and the other connection to the power point then on your router put your WIFI password into your chromecast app. It will work with new Netflix and Blink box. I don't know why your LG TV dosent support Blinkbox.

Hope this helps.
  • BspksBspks Posts: 1,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why your LG TV dosent support Blinkbox.

Hope this helps.

I know why
    https://support.blinkbox.com/hc/en-gb/articles/203290207-Watching-with-an-LG-TV

It's not the only thing they've withdrawn support for.
    I bought a Tecknika Blinkbox set top box from Tesco last year specifically to watch the service and the support for that is also being withdrawn (also for TVs, set top boxes and blu-ray players from many other manufacturers).
    I'm going to have to get a Chromecast as well, even to just watch the purchased content I've already spent money on.
  • cook0891cook0891 Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

Hopefully someone will be able to help me!! I currently have BT sports app and asked them about watching through TV. They told me could watch through chromecast. Now i have to admit (sorry!!) never heard of this.

Done bit of research and think i know bit about it but got a few questions if people would be so kind...

I only have one hdmi port on my tv. If i used mg chromecast would it stop my sky box from working/recording?
    I see people mention about netflix which i believe is movie site? Do you pay for this? Do you need it on your iphone or is it already on chromecast device?
    I see people say about apps that can get on chromecast, could anyone be so kind to post a link so i can see what can get to watch?

Like say it is mainly for watching BT sports when champions league starts so can watch on tv rather than phone.

Apologies if seems like silly or stupid questions but genuinely have no idea about this.

And sorry last couple things, i take it people would recommend buying one and if so where best place to get one? Are they all same or more spend get better ones as seen £30 at tesco but cheaper on ebay.

Thanks again
  • Placebo_PRSPlacebo_PRS Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    Why not get a hdmi switch? Then you can have multiple hdmi devices into one port, you can even get them off Ebay that have a remote if your hdmi socket is in a hard to reach place.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-Input-Switch-Hub-New-HDMI-Switcher-Splitter-Box-Port-for-HDTV-1080p-PC-DVD-PS3-/201344256618

Bog standard manual switch. £3.15

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-WAY-INPUT-1-OUTPUT-HDMI-Switch-Switcher-Splitter-Way-Hub-HDTV-1080P-3D-Remote-/400939615779

Hdmi Switch with remote. £3.48
  • cook0891cook0891 Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not get a hdmi switch? Then you can have multiple hdmi devices into one port, you can even get them off Ebay that have a remote if your hdmi socket is in a hard to reach place.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-Input-Switch-Hub-New-HDMI-Switcher-Splitter-Box-Port-for-HDTV-1080p-PC-DVD-PS3-/201344256618

Bog standard manual switch. £3.15

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-WAY-INPUT-1-OUTPUT-HDMI-Switch-Switcher-Splitter-Way-Hub-HDTV-1080P-3D-Remote-/400939615779

Hdmi Switch with remote. £3.48

Thanks for the reply.

Love the idea of these, especially the one with remote as hdmi port in really awkward place. Only issue with that one is it says doesn't support sky box.