NFL Superbowl on UK TV???

TVGirl319TVGirl319 Posts: 2,127
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone on here know what channel the Superbowl is gonna be on next Sunday here this year?? I read somewhere on another thread on here that it is gonna be on Pay Per View this year!! I really hope not!!! Last year it was on Channel Five!!

Please help me!!!!

Comments

• Lukey37Lukey37 Posts: 5,369
    Forum Member
    It is on BBC Two
  • HANHAM97HANHAM97 Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    Yes it's BBC1,next Sunday night .
  • mromegamromega Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Actually it's on BBC Two and is also on Sky Sports 1 & HD1.
  • dvboydvboy Posts: 3,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's interactive on BBC Two - you can choose commentary from Five Live or American TV also.
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TVGirl319 wrote: »
    Does anyone on here know what channel the Superbowl is gonna be on next Sunday here this year?? I read somewhere on another thread on here that it is gonna be on Pay Per View this year!! I really hope not!!! Last year it was on Channel Five!!

Please help me!!!!

I thought it was on ITV last year?
  • Channel HopperChannel Hopper Posts: 15,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bowls is currently on BBC2, and they don't stop every three seconds..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,174
    Forum Member
    Who's doing the main BBC commentary - people from the NFL Network? I know Sky will use Joe Buck and Troy Aikman's commentary.
    Forum Member
    The BBC will have Dick Stockton & Sterling Sharpe doing the "American Football for Newbies" commentary.
  • Lukey37Lukey37 Posts: 5,369
    Forum Member
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2008/01_january/24/superbowl.shtml
    BBC will be taking the World Feed pictures and commentary offered by the NFL. The commentary team will be veteran US broadcaster Dick Stockton and former All-Pro receiver Sterling Sharpe.
  • nathan2226nathan2226 Posts: 3,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted
  • Simon JacksonSimon Jackson Posts: 8,687
    Forum Member
    If you look on the Broadcasting section, I am starting a talk on the history of American football on TV in the UK.
  • Simon JacksonSimon Jackson Posts: 8,687
    Forum Member

Please help me!!!!

It was on ITV last year which they also showed the play offs
  • paul_hadleypaul_hadley Posts: 10,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will be interesting to see how the BBC handle the constant ad breaks - they must have a lot of filler material pre-prepared.
  • mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats disappointing again, I haven't liked the coverage by ITV and now the beeb are getting involved and I doubt they can do it justice.

Five have done a great job through the season and into the playoffs so why arn't they left alone to show the final , they deserve it.:confused:

Anyway, come on the Giants .:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    I was kind of hoping that we would get the ad breaks too as they're supposed to be quite spectacular
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure about the legalities of it, but you can usually watch it on TVU Player online (Google it).
  • ElMarkoElMarko Posts: 5,224
    Forum Member
    Bowls is currently on BBC2, and they don't stop every three seconds..

This is an original and witty gag!
  • ElMarkoElMarko Posts: 5,224
    Forum Member
    dvboy wrote: »
    It's interactive on BBC Two - you can choose commentary from Five Live or American TV also.

When you say American TV, do you mean Fox or NFL International's feed?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who's doing the Half Time show this year?
  • TVGirl319TVGirl319 Posts: 2,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers!!! I cant wait!! This will give this fantastic muscian HUGE worldwide exposure, like it did with Prince last year!! Thats of course, if the Beeb goes all the way and shows the WHOLE event of course!!!But, knowing them, they wont!!!!!

And to correct some posters it was on Channel Five last year!!!
  • nathan2226nathan2226 Posts: 3,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who's doing the Half Time show this year?

Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers (who??:confused:)

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0125pettybowl.html
    Forum Member
    ElMarko wrote: »
    When you say American TV, do you mean Fox or NFL International's feed?

It'll be the international feed. Only Sky will have the Fox feed.
  • TVGirl319TVGirl319 Posts: 2,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nathan2226 wrote: »

Go and vsit www.tompetty.com to learn all about him!! Hes huge in the USA and was here as well in the late 70s and 80s!!! In fact it was this country who first catapulted him to worldwide fame in the late 70s, when his first album was released!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers!!! I cant wait!! This will give this fantastic muscian HUGE worldwide exposure, like it did with Prince last year!! Thats of course, if the Beeb goes all the way and shows the WHOLE event of course!!!But, knowing them, they wont!!!!!

And to correct some posters it was on Channel Five last year!!!
    Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers? Never heard of them - will watch with intrigue.

And by the way it was infact on ITV1 live last year as well as Sky Sports 1.

I hear Mike Carlson will be on the BBC team which is great news.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if the BBC will pinch Martin Johnson from ITV. ;)