BGT finalists mash up - best thing ever on the show?

Comments

• lulu glulu g Posts: 52,620
    Forum Member
    I thought it was excellent. Great fun. Ashley Banjo is a very talented, charismatic, hard-working, and intelligent young man. There is much talk these days about role models for young people. Look no further than Ashley Banjo. Great name too.
  • kleinzachkleinzach Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul Potts is on tour in Korea. Organised and confirmed before BGT approached him.
  • Miss T EyeMiss T Eye Posts: 17,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    I thought it was excellent. Great fun. Ashley Banjo is a very talented, charismatic, hard-working, and intelligent young man. There is much talk these days about role models for young people. Look no further than Ashley Banjo. Great name too.

Totally agree. He is a very good role model for young people.
    Ashley did an excellent job creating that superb routine. I watched on ITV then recorded it on ITV +1 so I could relive the moment. It was amazing seeing Perri so much taller (much longer legs) and Stavros Flatley youngster all grown up now.
    Arrrrh Pudsey :D:D:D He is still the best dog act thanks to the talented Ashleigh for training him.
    Best part of the show seeing all the past winners back.
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't watch the final, but after the positive stuff i heard about this i thought i would check it out. I thought it was really really good. It put's most of what we have seen in recent years on this show to shame.

Personally, i thought that would have been a perfect way to end the show for a good few years. The show has dried up now, it needs a break until a whole bunch of talent comes through. Maybe then we can start to really enjoy the show again.

This will never happen though, all they care about is ratings and money.
  • davadsdavads Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    It's a pity they couldn't have also had a mashup group performance by some of the worst auditionees in the show's history (like The X Factor used to do), although admittedly that would have been a bit of a comedown :)
  • shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Fantastic..made me laugh and cry in equal measures..well done Ashley xxx

Diversity set the bar so high for dance troupes..they are amazing and couldnt stop giggling at not so little Perry

Stavros Flatley still make me laugh,they dont even need to dance..fantastic dad/son pairing

Old men dancing were brilliant..a couple of the dancers kept up with Diversity!!!

George Samson still has it.

Gymnastics group added a bit of exitement

Singers sounded amazing

and magician set the scene well

what was not to like..absolutely brilliant
  • davadsdavads Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    shirlt9 wrote: »
    Fantastic..made me laugh and cry in equal measures..well done Ashley xxx

Diversity set the bar so high for dance troupes..they are amazing and couldnt stop giggling at not so little Perry

Stavros Flatley still make me laugh,they dont even need to dance..fantastic dad/son pairing

Old men dancing were brilliant..a couple of the dancers kept up with Diversity!!!

George Samson still has it.

Gymnastics group added a bit of exitement

Singers sounded amazing

and magician set the scene well

what was not to like..absolutely brilliant

It was a bit random having Old Men Grooving and the drummer guy (can't remember his name, sorry) in amongst the previous winners. I wonder if they asked any more of the previous unsuccessful acts or just picked those two?

EDIT: just realised there was also Stavros Flatley, but they're arguably a bit more memorable...
  • sorrellsorrell Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely brilliant and entertaining, best part of the show by a long long way. Shame Subo wasn't in it though!
  • *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,129
    Forum Member
    Another post to congratulate all those who took part. If I could have voted for them I would have. :)
  • HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,596
    Forum Member
    davads wrote: »
    It was a bit random having Old Men Grooving and the drummer guy (can't remember his name, sorry) in amongst the previous winners. I wonder if they asked any more of the previous unsuccessful acts or just picked those two?

EDIT: just realised there was also Stavros Flatley, but they're arguably a bit more memorable...

They probably did contact other former contestants but they might've not been available for the live show. Being half term, they may have already booked holidays abroad that just happened to fall this week.
  • AshMan123AshMan123 Posts: 5,411
    Forum Member
    Hitstastic wrote: »
    They probably did contact other former contestants but they might've not been available for the live show. Being half term, they may have already booked holidays abroad that just happened to fall this week.

What I loved about Stavros as it was first time he looked knackered after performing just shows the human element to him
  • mogul122mogul122 Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    TOTALLY AGREE, EXCELLENT JOB! and I would like to know the name of that last song as well, sounded like something that 100 voices of gospel might have sung

IMO the only way this amazing performance might have been improved is if they had shown some of the unsuccessful serial auditionee acts over the years either to the side or on the back screen e.g. david j Watson/ivor the dance king. these entertaining guys help make the show as well IMO
  • Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    StevieR wrote: »
    Even if Paul Potts and Subo couldn't have made it to the studio they should have had a recorded performance slotted in.

But that finale mashup was outstanding. We need a BGT 10 year anniversary tour!!

Agreed. Cameos on the background screens would've sufficed.

Regardless, it was one of the finest things I've ever seen. Ashley Banjo truly is an outstanding choreographer and it was an excellent performance all round.
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,393
    Forum Member
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    I didn't watch the final, but after the positive stuff i heard about this i thought i would check it out. I thought it was really really good. It put's most of what we have seen in recent years on this show to shame.

Personally, i thought that would have been a perfect way to end the show for a good few years. The show has dried up now, it needs a break until a whole bunch of talent comes through. Maybe then we can start to really enjoy the show again.

This will never happen though, all they care about is ratings and money.
    I would love to see more mash ups - agree about resting the show for a while - but showing the previous contestants is the way to go for me. So many others I would like to see again in this 'mash up' form.

They are the MOST memorable for me! :D
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,393
    Forum Member
    Yoshi Fan wrote: »
    Agreed. Cameos on the background screens would've sufficed.

Regardless, it was one of the finest things I've ever seen. Ashley Banjo truly is an outstanding choreographer and it was an excellent performance all round.

That would have been really excellent - they missed a trick there.
    I was thinking that the choreographer/s had one hell of a nightmare job choregraphing all those different acts - so was astounded to learn that Ashley Banjo had done it all by himself - wow - give that man a Knighthood!
  • mogul122mogul122 Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    It's a pity they couldn't have also had a mashup group performance by some of the worst auditionees in the show's history (like The X Factor used to do), although admittedly that would have been a bit of a comedown :)

LOL! :D

some of the judges reactions would have made great tele!
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think adding background cameos would have been too much. There was already a heck of a lot going on as it was.
    I watched it again today and It still brought a tear to my eye at the end.
    I too shall support a knighthood for Ashley Banjo and the hard work he put it to bring this best ever moment of bgt
  • dellzinchtdellzincht Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A knighthood for Ashley Banjo?

Seriously?

I mean it was good, but a knighthood, really?
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dellzincht wrote: »
    A knighthood for Ashley Banjo?

Seriously?

I mean it was good, but a knighthood, really?

Obviously not just for that finale but for all the other work he has done. Through charity and his tv shows and his hard work and dedication to dance and for bringing inspiration to thousands.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,620
    Forum Member
    I just watched it again on ITV2. If anything, I enjoyed it even more second time around. What a tour de force by Ashley Banjo! He really is a prodigious talent. The bit where they all appeared wearing blond wigs and joined in with Stavros Flatley, complete with wig-throwing, was the best bit for me. It really made this year's finalists look rubbish by comparison, though.
  • Steffan_LeachSteffan_Leach Posts: 4,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I kept thinking that the Stormtroopers were going to win, so glad they didn't but still didn't think they deserved 3rd place. I mean it looked good but talent-wise it's simply a case of dressing up in a fancy costume, showing off a few dance moves and you'll go through. It's the same with the dancing polar bear and dinosaur as well. Sorry but you need to do more than that. It's not variety if you just keep everything the same as what's been done before except change the costume.

Glad the Magician won though, that was just AMAZING (how do you get tea into a can of pop??). I don't think Mel and Jamie should of come last though, the voters were a bit harsh there.
  • topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lewismacf wrote: »
    Oh my god I love it Stavros were great I meet them on holiday last year lovely people

oh really, where was that? I'd love to meet them!
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only caught up with this today, having read about it on here and tbh I expected to be disappointed after the build up on here, but I wasn't! It was very slick and worthy of something you usually see on AGT rather than here - kudos to Ashley Banjo for creating this amazing choreography.
    And it also showed, that despite us all moaning every year, there have been some excellent, professional acts over the years!
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I kept thinking that the Stormtroopers were going to win, so glad they didn't but still didn't think they deserved 3rd place. I mean it looked good but talent-wise it's simply a case of dressing up in a fancy costume, showing off a few dance moves and you'll go through. It's the same with the dancing polar bear and dinosaur as well. Sorry but you need to do more than that. It's not variety if you just keep everything the same as what's been done before except change the costume.

Glad the Magician won though, that was just AMAZING (how do you get tea into a can of pop??). I don't think Mel and Jamie should of come last though, the voters were a bit harsh there.

I don't think they should have been there at all.
  • spaceman05spaceman05 Posts: 1,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Too be fair it must be quite difficult to dance in those suits, and they were entertaining/funny, and they were defineyly top 3 on the night!!