✭✭✭
New clip from Last Christmas. Santa and co arrive -

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/last-christmas-new-clip-69643.htm

Comments

• Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently the clip is hilarious and marvelous...

...but the Reindeer gag is the nail in the coffin for my pre-air interest. Hopefully Christmas Day will allow me to appreciate this silly idea. I hope there's a suitable Doctor Who payoff...

...and I'm the optimist of the group.
  • Options
    Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Apparently the clip is hilarious and marvelous...

...but the Reindeer gag is the nail in the coffin for my pre-air interest. Hopefully Christmas Day will allow me to appreciate this silly idea. I hope there's a suitable Doctor Who payoff...

...and I'm the optimist of the group.

To be fair they did the same thing with the TARDIS in the End of Time which is just as absurd. Either way, it's what only 1 minute of 60? The Children in Need clip more than makes up for that one. :D
  • Options
    PaperSkinPaperSkin Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was struggling to go with the whole Santa thing before this, and unfortunately this has made it worse...but who knows the episode might work, shouldn't judge an episode before seeing it all I suppose, just can't help getting a humbug feeling from the promotion so far.
  • Options
    THE ROTCODTHE ROTCOD Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    for the most part the epps this series have been silly and immature clara and pink certainly haven't helped.best christmas epp christmas carrol
  • Options
    andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    As long as Missy isn't in it !
  • Options
    henry_hopehenry_hope Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love it. so surreal and tangerines like grenades.
    Hope this episode explodes the old myths of christmas.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not to be pedantic, but Rudolph was invented in 1939 by Robert L. May.

Either this means Santa isn't Santa (sorry kids) or Santa loved the book so much he named one of his Reindeer after him and stuck a red bulb on his nose.

Or it means Moffat has changed his mind and we can get that Sherlock crossover now, because he's a character in a book, too!
  • Options
    doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,339
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »
    Not to be pedantic, but Rudolph was invented in 1939 by Robert L. May.

Either this means Santa isn't Santa (sorry kids) or Santa loved the book so much he named one of his Reindeer after him and stuck a red bulb on his nose.

Or it means Moffat has changed his mind and we can get that Sherlock crossover now, because he's a character in a book, too!

They could easily get around that by saying that Rudolph was real all along and that the writer in question met santa, or in some other way heard about the tale of rudolph then wrote about it. Think about it, this series we had the robin hood situation where even though he had been written about as fictional character it turned out he was actually real all along so the show has already laid the precedent for this type of thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A dangerous precedent, I would say - to be dramatic.
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Natalie Gumede becomes a companion then as far as I'm concerned, there is a God!
  • Options
    UlsterguyUlsterguy Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't help but hear 'Be sure, be very sure' at the idea of using Santa.......
  • Options
    THE ROTCODTHE ROTCOD Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    can i have my wish clara out jenny flint inn:D
  • Options
    UlsterguyUlsterguy Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THE ROTCOD wrote: »
    can i have my wish clara out jenny flint inn:D

Is that a pub?