Season 8 Soundtrack Album

Robert_WhippyRobert_Whippy Posts: 2,609
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone know when the soundtrack album for Season 8 is released?

Comments

• Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've only just released the soundtrack for Day and Time of the Doctor so the smart money says a while yet. That said, they're usually quite good at fairly swift releases, Series 5, 6 and 7 were all within a few months of broadcast ending and all in time for Christmas. It's possible they'll push it back for Christmas next year but otherwise maybe April?
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    Does Peter Capaldi's Doctor have his own 'theme' on the season 8 soundtrack?

Nine and 10 shared 'The Doctor's Theme' and 11 had 'I Am The Doctor'.

Is there a theme for 12?
  • Robert_WhippyRobert_Whippy Posts: 2,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mulett wrote: »

Is there a theme for 12?

im assuming this is it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF1Ng0XCUyw
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mulett wrote: »

Is there a theme for 12?

Gold said Capaldi was at the recording when they were doing "Twelve's Theme" - whatever it may be called - so it seems likely to be some mix of the above link with some of this variant thrown in at a guess.

( that piece helped make certain sequences in Time Heist / Caretaker / Kill the Moon / Flatline for me )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Gold said Capaldi was at the recording when they were doing "Twelve's Theme" - whatever it may be called - so it seems likely to be some mix of the above link with some of this variant thrown in at a guess.

( that piece helped make certain sequences in Time Heist / Caretaker / Kill the Moon / Flatline for me )

Me too CD, I love it as a theme... The interesting thing about the piece from Flatline you linked is that the beginning is actually a '2d' version of the theme... Essentially with some 'dimensions' or tracks missing... I love how clever Murray Gold is... I know some people moan about his 'sameness' or reuse of tracks but he doesn't actually make all the final cutting decisions about which tracks go where (as evidenced by the use of Amy's theme for a conversation 11 had with Clara in the short scene at the beginning of 'The Ultimate Guide')
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »

I agree. Murray Gold has done it again and made another fantastic piece of music.
  • AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Peter Capaldi's Thirteenth Doctor theme will be on the next CD then...
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not official, I'm afraid - but this seems to be one of the cleanest versions of 12's theme / variants. Though I'm only listening through one half of broken and terrible earphones so I could be wrong - maybe all the muffled sound effects and dialogue are coming out the other ear :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6_AzEzvHaQ
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know when the soundtrack album for Season 8 is released?

Don't expect the CD to come out yet, as we've only had The Snowmen, Day of the Doctor and The Time of the Doctor soundtrack albums out three months ago. There is nothing online about the S8 soundtrack at the moment.

Going by how Silva Screen have been releasing the CDs recently, I'd expect The S8 CD not to be out for another nine, ten months yet.

However, if anyone wants to visit the Silva Screen Records site, or the DW part of it, then this is it:

https://silvascreenmusic.greedbag.com/dept/~dr-who/