Latest Series of Top Gear on Dave at the mo

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 540
Forum Member
✭✭
The latest series of Top Gear has just started on Dave. But they've cut the news section which they appear to do quite often, which is annoying as its usually the funniest bit of the programme.

I think for this series they should just cut out the entire 'Stars in a Reasonably Priced Car' section. I can't actually remember any of the ones from this series, and it would probably give the right amount of time to not have to cut anything else.

Comments

• InsanepersonInsaneperson Posts: 1,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or better yet cut nothing and give it an hour and a half slot. I mean its among their best performing programme; it would make sense showing it for longer, and i'm guessing it wouldn't cost any more (in fact it could save money on the editing budget). :)
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Kind of agree. I think this series was better during the news than the celebs.
    They've done it in the past. They cut most of Billie Piper's interview in one episode on Dave.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched the Rover episode yesterday (one of the best challenges IMO) and they even cut/changed the music.

When James arrives in the Princess the original episode had the theme to Terry & June playing.

When they use parts of the cars as percussion the music was Money by Pink Floyd

In the Dave version on both occasions they played some random Muzak in the background :mad:

Is there rights issues over these tunes, is it the American edited version they show which is shown on Discovery network out in the US. This would make sense as it has to be edited for all the ad breaks in the US??
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The best episodes are the ones where they go off on those mad challenges like the salt plains in Africa or the race across Japan. The funniest tho had to be when they sprayed their cars when in deep south USA and nearly got lynched for it.

When the new series came back they said they were going back to basics but that's why I love Top Gear, cos it's not just a show about cars. I want to see more mad goings on and stupid challenges. Otherwise if you want a good informative car show just watch 5th Gear.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Wizard wrote: »
    The funniest tho had to be when they sprayed their cars when in deep south USA and nearly got lynched for it.

Agree, funniest/best episode ever but DONT watch it on Dave they absolutely massacred it cut out some of the best bits.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Until they give Top Gear an 80-90 minute slot then there's not really ny point watching it on Dave.

There are a lot of notable edits to the programme features as well as the soundtrack, some of which must be for copyright reasons.
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lcfctom wrote: »
    Agree, funniest/best episode ever but DONT watch it on Dave they absolutely massacred it cut out some of the best bits.
    I know, I'd watched it 3 or 4 times before they showed what really happened. I had no idea how much trouble they were really in until I saw the uncut version.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Is there rights issues over these tunes
    I belive so. That's what i've read at finalgear.