Options

Another "Recommend me a show" thread

kearneykidkearneykid Posts: 55
Forum Member
I know there have been plenty of threads from people asking to recommend a show to watch, but I'm looking for some ideas.

The OH and I have been watching Lost and Family Guy from the beginning, and have finished both, and are now looking for some new shows to have a look at. We decided we would each pick a show to watch from the start and he has chosen Rome.

He likes sci-fi shows like Stargate and Battlestar, which he has tried to make me watch, but I just couldn't stay awake! I like medical dramas like Grey's Anatomy, or crime procedurals like Castle, The Good Wife etc.

Anyone recommend any shows that they think we could both watch? I tried to make the OH watch Fringe as I thought he would like the sci-fi elements, but he just didn't take to it.

Muchly appreciated

Comments

• Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    I recommend The Shield. You say you like crime stuff, and as for your husband, well, he just isn't a red-blooded male if he can't get into The Shield.:)
  • Options
    ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terriers.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firefly for him.

Say the words "Mark Sheppard / Romo Lampkin" for a bit of encouragement.

Chuck for you both. Comedy, drama and some sci-fi.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spartacus
  • Options
    ElectratElectrat Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Justified
  • Options
    doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    I you haven't seen it watch the first series of Murder One, fun for men and women, great acting, a whodunit with a good deal of soap and melodrama as well.

Second series is not as good though.
  • Options
    starman700starman700 Posts: 3,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sons of Anarchy,not sci-fi but bloody gripping:D