True Blood - Season 7 (US Pace)

12345679»

Comments

• nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    I did think they were going to go with the Orb actually making Bill human rather than killing him so they actually surprised me when they didn't.

Yes, that caught us out, too.

All in all, though, it was the most dismal, lackluster and excruciatingly boring ending to a once great show that I've seen since Dexter. About 75% fluff and bollocks, with only the Eric and Pam sections being up to standard. But, at long last, Sooky managed to keep her knees together for a whole episode!
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    Sad it's over as I do love True Blood but it needed to end I guess.

Do yourself a BIG favour, and start watching The Strain. It's got all the darkness and danger that TB had to begin with, but which quickly went missing and was never really found again.
  • amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    Agree that it was a slight disappointment, especially the whole "will she, won't she?" nonsense which didn't really need so much time devoted to it if she was ultimately willing to just stake him anyway. Why not just do a Godric if he was that bothered? Glad everyone got a happy ending even if we didn't see anything of them in the episode (Lafayette, Willa) and nice of Sam to come back for the last bit. I think I too expected Bill to become human and it was a bit harsh on Sookie to lose her boyfriend and ex boyfriend within the space of a few days, but hey that's Sookie/Bon Temps/True Blood for ya. Liked that they didn't really show her new fella as it didn't actually matter who he was so long as he wasn't Sam/Eric/Alcide/Bill/Warlow or any other oddity, just someone decent and relatively normal I hope. Sad that the show was so patchy and that I'm probably not going to miss it a whole heap, but as I've never embarked on a rewatch, I quite fancy going back and seeing it from the top again now.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I actually really enjoyed that. It wasn't perfect but it was a lot better than expected. I do think that if Sookie had to end up with someone, it probably should've been Alcide instead of a complete stranger but it's nice that she got her normal life in the end.

Bill's death was well done. I was a little sad to see him go but in the end, I think the writers made the right decision to pernamently end things with both him and Sookie.

Loved Eric slaughtering the Yakuza, him and Pam becoming rich with the New Blood. As for Sarah - being haunted by Steve and locked in Fangtasia is probably a kinder fate than she deserves. Not feeling sorry for her.

Jessica and Hoyt's wedding was rushed but still nice, even if Andy's 'love is love' message during the cerenomy.

Everything else was neat though - Sookie/mystery man, Jason/Bridget, Jessica/Hoyt, Lafayette/James, Andy/Holly, Arlene/Keith, Sam/Nicole, Adilyn/Wade etc. Only Willa seemed to be still single.

Nice flashback with Sookie and Tara as kids (shame we didn't get Rutina Wesley one last time) and Gran of course as well.

Beautiful scene in the church with Sookie and Rev Daniels as well.

This show had it's flaws and recent seasons were not as great as it's early days but this is probably the only show that comes close to having the same type of impact that Buffy did a few years ago. It's right for it to go, but I will miss it a little, 9/10
  • LMLM Posts: 63,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone find the wedding of Hoyt and Jessica was some sort of vampire metaphor for a Same sex wedding? The fact that their wedding isn't legal in the eyes of the law and Same sex weddings are not legal in the southern parts of america. Well actually a lot of themes in True blood have all been vampire metaphors for being gay.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    I actually really enjoyed that. It wasn't perfect but it was a lot better than expected. I do think that if Sookie had to end up with someone, it probably should've been Alcide instead of a complete stranger but it's nice that she got her normal life in the end.

Bill's death was well done. I was a little sad to see him go but in the end, I think the writers made the right decision to pernamently end things with both him and Sookie.

Loved Eric slaughtering the Yakuza, him and Pam becoming rich with the New Blood. As for Sarah - being haunted by Steve and locked in Fangtasia is probably a kinder fate than she deserves. Not feeling sorry for her.

Jessica and Hoyt's wedding was rushed but still nice, even if Andy's 'love is love' message during the cerenomy.

Everything else was neat though - Sookie/mystery man, Jason/Bridget, Jessica/Hoyt, Lafayette/James, Andy/Holly, Arlene/Keith, Sam/Nicole, Adilyn/Wade etc. Only Willa seemed to be still single.

Nice flashback with Sookie and Tara as kids (shame we didn't get Rutina Wesley one last time) and Gran of course as well.

Beautiful scene in the church with Sookie and Rev Daniels as well.

This show had it's flaws and recent seasons were not as great as it's early days but this is probably the only show that comes close to having the same type of impact that Buffy did a few years ago. It's right for it to go, but I will miss it a little, 9/10

Bib alcide died in a previous episode.
    Forum Member
    Did anyone find the wedding of Hoyt and Jessica was some sort of vampire metaphor for a Same sex wedding? The fact that their wedding isn't legal in the eyes of the law and Same sex weddings are not legal in the southern parts of america. Well actually a lot of themes in True blood have all been vampire metaphors for being gay.

That was the intention. Nice wedding though.
  • Captain StableCaptain Stable Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Right from the first episode (well, every episode) with the "God Hates Fangs" sign, through to Vampires not being able to leave their possessions to loved ones in a will, and through to a disease only Vampires can get.

Certain states granted rights and legalities to vampires, bot other states didn't. The whole show is one giant metaphor. :)
  • standinmanstandinman Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    One series I shall really miss ,what's the odds of a sequel called NewBlood ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    A rather subdued finale I thought, but then my expectations for True Blood hit an all time low last season and it's never really picked up since IMO. Whatever that *thing* was that made Ture Blood amazing in season 1, only really showed up in certain fleeting occasions, which is a shame. I will look back at it with a certain kind of knowing nostalgia, but unless it's someone I really dislike, I won't be recommending it to anyone to watch.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    standinman wrote: »
    One series I shall really miss ,what's the odds of a sequel called NewBlood ?
    Unlikely (as the series has told it's story) though the guy who played/plays Bill did hint at a spinoff some months back. Not entirely sure what to make of that, especially considering his character status.
  • MaccaMacca Posts: 18,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    A rather subdued finale I thought, but then my expectations for True Blood hit an all time low last season and it's never really picked up since IMO. Whatever that *thing* was that made Ture Blood amazing in season 1, only really showed up in certain fleeting occasions, which is a shame. I will look back at it with a certain kind of knowing nostalgia, but unless it's someone I really dislike, I won't be recommending it to anyone to watch.

I agree. Bit of a lacklustre ending, I was expecting some sort of a bloodbath not the happy families one that we got. Shame really, but as you said the first season was superb but IMO went downhill when they introduced the shifters & fairies and all the weird crap.
  • hendollhendoll Posts: 5,646
    Forum Member
    Yes, that caught us out, too.

All in all, though, it was the most dismal, lackluster and excruciatingly boring ending to a once great show that I've seen since Dexter. About 75% fluff and bollocks, with only the Eric and Pam sections being up to standard. But, at long last, Sooky managed to keep her knees together for a whole episode!
    LOL Just watched the final ep and checked in here to see what yous are all saying. This post sums it up for me pretty much. Sookie always irritated the **** out of me, never saw the appeal sexually or in any other way shape or form. Great show turned into a soap opera sadly, but it happened ages ago so not much use complaining about it now.
  • hendollhendoll Posts: 5,646
    Forum Member
    Right from the first episode (well, every episode) with the "God Hates Fangs" sign, through to Vampires not being able to leave their possessions to loved ones in a will, and through to a disease only Vampires can get.

Certain states granted rights and legalities to vampires, bot other states didn't. The whole show is one giant metaphor. :)
    ooh interesting. There was some hint at that in the beginning but seems to me like they abandoned that for soap opera styleeeeee a long time ago. Shame that popularity seems to automatically mean dumbing down.
    Forum Member
    Flash525 wrote: »
    Unlikely (as the series has told it's story) though the guy who played/plays Bill did hint at a spinoff some months back. Not entirely sure what to make of that, especially considering his character status.

I can't see a True Blood spin-off happening.
  • anotherlongersanotherlongers Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 1st Series of True Blood was one of the most astonishing things I'd ever seen, jaw-droppingly good, the 'theme toon' was excellent and the casting fantastic.

Unfortunately they decided to change everything round, make Eric the good guy etc, and it turned into absolute dross. Ah well, here's to a great first series, bye-bye True Blood, you won't be missed (especially after that toe-curling, vomit-inducing last episode)
  • droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the last episode was OK actually. Mind you I did fast forward all the boring bits. But there was definitely 10-15 minutes worth of episode there. :)
  • FluffyBunnykinsFluffyBunnykins Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the last episode. Sad True Blood has ended :cry:

Pleased to see Charlaine Harris making an appearance. She was credited as "Infomercial Sound Mixer". :)
  • grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen the last episode. It really didn't engage or excite me. There was some not bad bits with the wedding and Eric but the true death with bill and other bits just dragged. Shame really as the first 3 seasons were just fantastic gripping viewing. Think season 4 killed it for me. Swapping bill and Eric round as the good and bad guys just sent the show in a nose dive for me that never recovered and I continued to tune in hope that it would get better. Shame for me it never did.
  • XXRunXXXXRunXX Posts: 2,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do yourself a BIG favour, and start watching The Strain. It's got all the darkness and danger that TB had to begin with, but which quickly went missing and was never really found again.

Is it really that good? UK Premiere is 17th September 10 p.m. on Watch, going to give it go there is not much else out there worth watching ATM.

The final of TB well they wrapped it up neat, loved the Pam and Eric stuf,f the rest no so much :(
  • LMLM Posts: 63,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The strain is meh. Something happens that threatens the world and a group of people try to sort it out before all of mankind is destroyed. Somehow vampires fit into this. It doesn't even come close to the magic and originality True blood had in it's early seasons.
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miffed that there was next to nothing of Lafayette in the final episode!. At least Eric and Pam brought the laughs. Will miss it but the finale was pretty flat and not as good as the end of Six Feet Under which had the best final episode of a drama ever IMO
  • MaccaMacca Posts: 18,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Six Feet Under which had the best final episode of a drama ever IMO
    Totally agree with that. Own up who shed a tear or two.