Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 58)

Comments

• Options
    FellenFellen Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    OK! Now we're only gonna get our hopes up! :D Leona's coming back in very soon time! At least now we are not in the obvilion of knowing nothing! JUst trust her that she can do it, take back her crown! :o:D
  • Options
    AlfonsoJuanesAlfonsoJuanes Posts: 2,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Riez wrote: »
    Hey guys, I have some news...

I rarely comment on here ever, but I'm constantly lurking and a follow a few of you on various social media. Anyway, my really close friend works for Virgin Atlantic and this morning was flying to LA, and one of his passengers was Darcus Beese - the head of Island records!!! Obviously I asked him to try and ask everything he could about Leona, because he knows how much I love her and that we've been waiting for news. Usually they're not meant to talk to the "unique" passengers but if they seem friendly and ok they can often get away with it.

Anyway he did manage to talk, landed a few hours ago and this is what he found out! I wouldn't lie about this stuff, but please don't take my word as solid information as obviously things can change behind the scenes but this is what my close friend has told me he said so I'm just passing it on :)

1. He wouldn't say what the lead single was but my friend said he gave a wink to indicate maybe it's Fire Under My Feet. I told my friend about that snippet and asked him to mention how much I love it, so he did and my friend said he kinda indicated that it would be that but wouldn't say for definite.

2. He is meeting Leona tomorrow apparently because she's in LA shooting her video for the new single!!

3. Album is being released in July!

4. Says the album is a real "wow moment" and that Leona has truly discovered herself on this album.

5. UK and US lead single WILL both be the same!

As I say, please don't take this as solid confirmation but this is definitely what he said to my friend, things could change of course. That's all he said, I hope that's somewhat helped the wait.
    IF the album is being released in July, can't be much longer for the lead single to premiere, Especially if the video is being filmed and she's meeting the head of the record tomorrow!

OMG YES! I hope everything's TRUE! It sounds good to me.

Darcus FAV'ed your friend's tweet, so the meeting between them is true!!

Btw, she is indeed in LA, cause she just tweeted she loved playing her new music with the band today and this boy posted this on Instagram: http://instagram.com/p/zRWkq0HByM/ one of the hashtagged words is #LA.
  • Options
    shatteredglassshatteredglass Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what they're rehearsing for? Bands aren't usually in music videos!
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Woah just woke up to see Riez's post and then Leona's tweet. It's coming :o
  • Options
    ariella52ariella52 Posts: 7,519
    Forum Member
    d56 wrote: »
    Woooooooo Happy Birthday for tomorrow :D:D:D

Happy Birthday. :)

Thanks Riez. :)

Something is definitely happening tomorrow. :cool:
    Rehearsals done. Cuttin tomorrow. This studio sounds amazing. #Focusrite #graydays #leonalewis… http://t.co/mgW2698X8d

https://twitter.com/EvGrayMusic/status/568283397266771968

He was with her in Austria,
    [QUOTELoved playing my new music with the band today. Heart fills full ❤] [/QUOTE]

https://twitter.com/leonalewis/status/568291182729498624

Can't wait to see the outcome. This could be a very different style of video.

Edit: beaten! We're all so quick on the case.:kitty:
  • Options
    NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    siwelanoel wrote: »
    My only issue with a July release in the US is that there is pretty much no promotional spots available.
    May would be ideal - SNL, The Voice, right before all the late night and daytime shows end for summer.

She hardly promoted Glassheart in the US. The UK is her market, US was.
  • Options
    soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you Riez for the news. Really happy about this. There is plenty of time for 2 singles before July. I really believe this album will be special.
  • Options
    AlfonsoJuanesAlfonsoJuanes Posts: 2,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope she posts something on Instagram that says: "shooting" or something like that for us to know if she is shooting her music video
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Riez, we won't come for you.... Yet.. Lol just kidding!
    They might release the single first in us hence they're shooting already and no premiere yet. Unless it happens.nex week

Happy birthday isthishappiness!
  • Options
    ariella52ariella52 Posts: 7,519
    Forum Member
    Into over thinking territory. Leona said "playing with the band, not singing. May just be the way she phrased it, but perhaps she is also playing an instrument.

As I say, probably just her choice of words.
  • Options
    andy614andy614 Posts: 45,259
    Forum Member
    It's surprising to me if Fire is the single, i'd have thought they wouldn't have wanted the single to have already been out there, even if just a snippet. I always thought that it defo wouldn't be the lead single cus of the fact they released that snippet of it tbh.

Unless that's the track they always thought of releasing and put the snippet out there to make sure people liked it before going ahead, i dunno.
  • Options
    starlightsstarlights Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Thanks for all the news. So exciting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andy614 wrote: »
    It's surprising to me if Fire is the single, i'd have thought they wouldn't have wanted the single to have already been out there, even if just a snippet. I always thought that it defo wouldn't be the lead single cus of the fact they released that snippet of it tbh.

Unless that's the track they always thought of releasing and put the snippet out there to make sure people liked it before going ahead, i dunno.

Yeah that's what I thought as well
  • Options
    shatteredglassshatteredglass Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind if it's Fire, we still haven't heard much of it really and the version we heard was acoustic!

I wonder if she's recording some videos for Vevo or perhaps they have a label showcase?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind if it's Fire, we still haven't heard much of it really and the version we heard was acoustic!

I wonder if she's recording some videos for Vevo or perhaps they have a label showcase?

omg I didn't even think of that! but then again, they could use her performances from in December which we have YET to see :p Maybe she's rehearsing promo? :cool:
  • Options
    siwelanoelsiwelanoel Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NicoleRich wrote: »
    She hardly promoted Glassheart in the US. The UK is her market, US was.
    I think the new management/team is going to make both a priority. Or at lest I hope so :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    siwelanoel wrote: »
    I think the new management/team is going to make both a priority. Or at lest I hope so :p

Ofcourse, Jessie J flopped in US and look how that turned out... I can't understand why one should give up on something if they didn't succeed before
  • Options
    fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    ariella52 wrote: »
    Happy Birthday. :)

Thanks Riez. :)

Something is definitely happening tomorrow. :cool:

https://twitter.com/EvGrayMusic/status/568283397266771968

He was with her in Austria,
    [QUOTELoved playing my new music with the band today. Heart fills full ❤]

https://twitter.com/leonalewis/status/568291182729498624

Can't wait to see the outcome. This could be a very different style of video.

Edit: beaten! We're all so quick on the case.:kitty:[/QUOTE]

Wow I'm wondering what this could be. Also GRAY DAYS ? A new song title?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow I'm wondering what this could be. Also GRAY DAYS ? A new song title?

Gray is the name of the drummer, he always hashtags something like that :p
  • Options
    fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    Gray is the name of the drummer, he always hashtags something like that :p
    That's not what I hoped for lol :D
    Anyway if she's recording the video tomorrow and also they were rehearsing with the band today and a member of the band said tomorrow cutting it means the official video could be very much Leona+band like "a live recording" obviously with a studio version of the song.
    But as I'm writing this down it doesn't make sense because they wouldn't have to rehears for it. So this must be something different.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    You're welcome everyone!
    Btw - he said he's meeting Leona tomorrow/today as she's in LA recording the video for the single, but I dunno if he necessarily meant that she's recording the video today just that she's in LA for that reason. It may have already been recorded or could be recorded another day! :)
    He could have meant today though! Not quite sure!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Riez wrote: »
    You're welcome everyone!
    Btw - he said he's meeting Leona tomorrow/today as she's in LA recording the video for the single, but I dunno if he necessarily meant that she's recording the video today just that she's in LA for that reason. It may have already been recorded or could be recorded another day! :)
    He could have meant today though! Not quite sure!

Or maybe they'll go through ideas?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    GreekFan wrote: »
    July!
    So no single before April I guess :(
    Not too happy about Fire being probably the lead as well ( I like the tune but it just doesn't sound to me as the worldwide smash I was hoping for - hopefully I am wrong ).
    Nice to read that her team has faith in her and in the album though. Things are looking good and promising ^_^

( Thank you Riez )

We've only heard 37 seconds of the non-studio version possibly recorded on a camera mic atm.. Even with that, lyrically and melodically it sounds so promising. I also think it's a kind of message that will stand out and many can relate to, plus a track that begins on a high like that and does it well should standout a bit more.I hope it gets bigger than roar or girl on fire
  • Options
    IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    I think Fire is the perfect lead single.

It sounds like nothing any other female out there is doing at the moment.
    It's hugely radio friendly.
    It's insanely catchy.

I think it's the lead single, but I don't think its the song that will launch the album. She'll most likely release the song at the end of March - but audio and video will be up on her VEVO well before that.

Then, I think, she'll release another song in the UK before the album whilst still promoting Fire in the US.
  • Options
    pokerfaceLelepokerfaceLele Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news. :o

I agree that Fire is a very strong song judging by the snippet (the chorus is included, makes it easier to analyze). Apart from the melody, what sticks out as well is the great beat and piano and of her course the backing vocals done by Leona herself. There's definitely an anthem feel to the song. I guess there will be a part right before the last chorus, where all the instruments stop playing and only Leona's voice and the beat keep playing.

The only thing I am "slightly worried" (as a lover of vocals) about is that the album will be all about lyrics and emotions, and less about putting vocal twists on the songs. I hope she won't take a Adele-route in that sense.
This discussion has been closed.