Options

Tonight's EastEnders made Nancy Carter iritating and repetitive!

Comments

• Options
    Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just wish they would give her a story line of her own.
  • Options
    chrish2011chrish2011 Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    With lauren going there is room for lead younger female , nancy had proved over the last year it isn't going to be her.

It will be cindy who takes this role

Lauren leading female? You must be joking
  • Options
    Tanz01Tanz01 Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Everything about the Carters is repetitive and boring .
    If it's not Nancy , it's Linda going round in circles . Note how much better the episodes are when they are not taking up 95% of the episode.
  • Options
    chrish2011chrish2011 Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    I like Nancy
  • Options
    craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am neither a lover nor a hater of the Carters, or Nancy in particular, but last night was utterly infuriating.

Nancy and Mick literally had the same conversation about 5 times, by the end I was so bored of listening to their ongoing saga which went absolutely nowhere, that I was throwing my shoe at the TV!!

As a good father Mick would have reassured Nancy at the earliest opportunity. Instead he purposely allows her to believe he committed a hanus crime, and refuses to tell her either way!! FUMING!
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very annoying character who only became popular from her seizure episodes.

Before that, only a minority of viewers liked her.

Overated!
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Minttymint wrote: »
    I agree, I get that its a big thing whether he killed Dean or not and yeah maybe she really wants to know but by the end of the episode I wanted to sew her mouth shut.

Indeed. And the bad news is she going to be whining about more tonight and I think Linda eventually gets in on the act too.

Why can't Mick just tell her what happened? We all know Dean is not dead. It's just dragging it out to the point that we are sick of it.

More Linda and Mick overload.
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With lauren going there is room for lead younger female , nancy had proved over the last year it isn't going to be her.

I hope you're right. Much prefer watching Cindy to Nancy, who just grates on me.
  • Options
    Casper GomezCasper Gomez Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spunger wrote: »
    A dreadful character played by a desperately poor actress.

Yep, I agree. She's very bad, don't understand why she keeps on getting praised by the fans & winning awards.
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chrish2011 wrote: »
    Lauren leading female? You must be joking

They said leading younger female, not leading female. Who is it then if not Lauren?
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Nancy, but the character is on the screen too much. She does not need to be in every episode.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nancy has always been irritating and repetitive
  • Options
    SlingYerHookSlingYerHook Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would love to see Nancy and Tamwar given a romance. Can imagine a Carter/Masood Christmas dinner with Linda playing the innocently ignorant 'Muslims dont drink / eat pork' role and Masood struggling through the meal with veggie Christmas dinner and orange juice.

Plus, Tam and Nancy are probably two of the best comedic actors on the show, which would provide light relief now we know the constantly depressed Ronnie isn't dead
  • Options
    ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nancy is in no way a comedic character.
  • Options
    Fallon9Fallon9 Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree unfortunately. I love Lauren and those lead young female shoes are big ones to fill, six months ago I'd have wanted Nancy to take on the role but not any more.

Nancy used to be my favourite Carter, actually she still might be, but an increased role and heavier material has shown Maddy to be a lightweight actor. I think Cindy and Abi should share the load of replacing Lauren while she's gone.
  • Options
    eejmeejm Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soapfan678 wrote: »
    I like Nancy, but the character is on the screen too much. She does not need to be in every episode.

I feel the same about Lauren. Over the past year, it seems as though she's been onscreen all the time, but as a character she hasn't really *done* anything. I'm glad we're getting a break from her soon.
  • Options
    spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, I agree. She's very bad, don't understand why she keeps on getting praised by the fans & winning awards.

The lad who played Dexter won an award last year and look at him now.
    Unless she improves I can't see EE bosses accepting her shocking acting past her current contract.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is simply dreadful in every way
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eejm wrote: »
    I feel the same about Lauren. Over the past year, it seems as though she's been onscreen all the time, but as a character she hasn't really *done* anything. I'm glad we're getting a break from her soon.

I agree about Lauren too, haha. DTC has developed Lauren well as a character, but she is on the screen too much.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spunger wrote: »
    The lad who played Dexter won an award last year and look at him now.
    Unless she improves I can't see EE bosses accepting her shocking acting past her current contract.

Her acting aint that bad, i don't think.

Although her pathetic crying scene she shared with Johnny before he left wasn't her finest moment.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why should she be worried about trivial stuff like her father killing someone? Or her mother being raped? Or her grandfather (great grandfather technically) getting ready to die any time? She should be into things that really matter, like changing her hair style...

Well exactly :D
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »
    Yes, but it's not just that... It's the way she's written full stop. It's awful!

I disagree. I personally don't have a problem with it. Nancy is likeable to me. I hope she gets more development soon.
  • Options
    eejmeejm Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her acting aint that bad, i don't think.

Although her pathetic crying scene she shared with Johnny before he left wasn't her finest moment.

I agree, I think her acting is fine. Her scene with Johnny wasn't great, but her scene with Linda when Nancy found out she was raped was really believable.

I do think that all of the Carters need to branch out a little more from the core family as some of these stories (the rape, Stan's cancer, etc.) are resolved. The characters themselves seem to fit in fine, but they need to form a few more actual relationships. Linda, Tina, and Lee have started to a bit, and we need to see more of this.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I'd like to see Shirley and Nancy's relationship developed more, it's nice. I like it.
  • Options
    lucasade16lucasade16 Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    She just seems same ole same ole character, which is a shame as she is so talented and I do love the character..