Options

15 year old heads off to Syria

Comments

• Options
    Red NovemberRed November Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    Possibly because they are minors ? Children really.
    How about all the children these 3 girls, or their offspring, will potentially go on to kill? Surely their lives are far more important than those of the jihadettes?

If saving future lives means ending three now, so be it.
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member

I find is quite shocking that some posters are relishing the idea of the inevitable horrors and hardships they will face. I have a 14 year old daughter and I'm only too aware of how naive and childlike she still is. And she has probably seen far more of life than these suppressed repressed Muslim girls.

2 Dutch girls were caught and brought back to their parents when their plane landed in Turkey. It's too late now for these 3 as they are already in Syria.
    I'm not a bleeding heart , hand wringing leftie. I'm a normal fairly compassionate person who can see the tragedy behind all this. And cannot ever take pleasure in this.

However the Grace Dent article feeds the angry masses and she sure knows how to ratchet up dissent, and racial hatred. Unhelpful , unconstructive and fodder for the anti Muslim brigade, sorry, islamophobes.

Heaping all this hatred and venom on the very bottom of this pile of poison seems out of proportion . ISIs is a very clever and savvy outfit, and using these girls is part of their disgusting propaganda programme . They are indeed victims too.

'Islamophobia. A word created by fascists, & used by cowards, to manipulate morons'

I guess these girls had Britaphobia. They decided of their own free to leave the country.

They are A-grade students, who is some cases were follow 70 extremists on twitter.

All they did was use social media to find to a to Syria to be 'jihadi brides'. The fact they hid their activities from parents shows it was premeditated.
  • Options
    MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jclock66 wrote: »
    Would you be calling them victims if they were male?

Indeed, or white?.
  • Options
    Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member
    Of course we do. And we need to stop the suppression of Muslim women in the UK . They live in a strict patriarchal society here that might as well be in the East. From the moment they are born they are a disappointment for being female. Their entire life is totally governed by men. From what to wear, who they can meet, and who they will marry. Their lives are drudgery and suppression.

What measures do you propose to achieve that?
  • Options
    jclock66jclock66 Posts: 2,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MAW wrote: »
    At that age, yes, I'd think so.

The age if criminal responsibility is 10, these girls know murder is wrong, there should be no excuses,
  • Options
    David_Flanagan1David_Flanagan1 Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    Why any western woman would have any desire to do this is beyond me. But they have made their own free choice. Now they must live by it.
  • Options
    AnnieBakerAnnieBaker Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    They are indeed victims.

We do need to find a way to stop it though.

Don't you think we should try to protect our children? Yes they may be Muslim but they are British.

I do think that, as a civilised country, it's a good thing we tried to save the girls. We have the moral upper hand here.

If we were to say Sod it, leave the idiots to their gruesome miserable fate, we would be not much better than ISIS themselves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jclock66 wrote: »
    The age if criminal responsibility is 10, these girls know murder is wrong, there should be no excuses,

Differs the world over. I think its higher now.
  • Options
    jclock66jclock66 Posts: 2,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Differs the world over. I think its higher now.

No it is 10 in England has been for over 20 years.
  • Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    How about all the children these 3 girls, or their offspring, will potentially go on to kill? Surely their lives are far more important than those of the jihadettes?

If saving future lives means ending three now, so be it.

Since it seems likely to most of us, me included, that they'll be crying themselves to sleep til the day they die of childbirth, bombing or murder by husband, whichever comes first, just supposing rescue was possible (I don't think so) how much of a danger would they be back here?
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richard46 wrote: »

The removal of the burka, and integrated education. I have. Come to the conclusion that separate schools does not work. The whole of Muslim society has to be better integrated in the UK.

Difficult for me to have an opinion as it is not a problem here in rural Scotland and I don't feel very qualified to comment on certain aspects.

But there is no doubt that the female role in Muslim society is still in the dark ages. They are merely implements in a wholly male dominated society.
    Funny how that has never been seen as an outrage in theUK .
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I find is quite shocking that some posters are relishing the idea of the inevitable horrors and hardships they will face. I have a 14 year old daughter and I'm only too aware of how naive and childlike she still is. And she has probably seen far more of life than these suppressed repressed Muslim girls.

2 Dutch girls were caught and brought back to their parents when their plane landed in Turkey. It's too late now for these 3 as they are already in Syria.
    I'm not a bleeding heart , hand wringing leftie. I'm a normal fairly compassionate person who can see the tragedy behind all this. And cannot ever take pleasure in this.

However the Grace Dent article feeds the angry masses and she sure knows how to ratchet up dissent, and racial hatred. Unhelpful , unconstructive and fodder for the anti Muslim brigade, sorry, islamophobes.

Heaping all this hatred and venom on the very bottom of this pile of poison seems out of proportion . ISIs is a very clever and savvy outfit, and using these girls is part of their disgusting propaganda programme . They are indeed victims too.

Their husbands would have you burning alive in a cage or have your head sawed off with a 4 inch knife whilst you gurgled blood on camera for them. Don't be in any doubt how much these girls hate you, your way of life and your country and would see it end with a smile on their face under their veil.

There is no way back for these traitors.
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    The removal of the burka, and integrated education. I have. Come to the conclusion that separate schools does not work. The whole of Muslim society has to be better integrated in the UK.

Difficult for me to have an opinion as it is not a problem here in rural Scotland and I don't feel very qualified to comment on certain aspects.

But there is no doubt that the female role in Muslim society is still in the dark ages. They are merely implements in a wholly male dominated society.

Because cultural sensitivities.
  • Options
    Forum Member

No. Our home grown feminists think the big issue facing women today is page 3.
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member

That would be Islamophobic.

How do suggest the burka is removed without being an Islamophobe ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their husbands would have you burning alive in a cage or have your head sawed off with a 4 inch knife whilst you gurgled blood on camera for them. Don't be in any doubt how much these girls hate you, your way of life and your country and would see it end with a smile on their face under their veil.

How very emotive , and wholly unconstuctive.

I hold NO remit for ISIS. I am perfectly aware of the horrors , I would bomb them to Kingdom come if it would do any good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That would be Islamophobic.

How do suggest the burka is removed without being an Islamophobe ?

Bollocks to 'em? Seems the best way to me. (Having spent the day in Paddington)
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are people assuming they are going to have a terrible life?
    As somebody mentioned before, you don't look at those in the concentration camps to judge how the rulers/jailors live.

They have British passports, that is still a valuable asset.
    Treating them well, very well, is a valuable propaganda tool to entice new recruits.

I think the most sickening thing is that I believe their lives will be pretty darn good whilst the regime they are part of kills enough to keep the standards high.

They have blood on their hands full stop.
    Pity, for what reason?:confused:

Somewhere down the line they will return, and after a small broo ha ha they will serve a light jail sentence (if any at all) and then be free to enjoy their "celebrity" status in the community they have temporarily left.

What's all this rot about "no doctors", "no medical assistance"?
    Look at the numbers, look at the money, look at the funding.
    Out of the thousands worldwide who are flocking to IS there are no educated, no doctors/scientists?

Haven't we at least learnt from the terrorist outrages here, that trying to pin radical extremist actions inspired by Islam on poverty/marginalisation/lack of opportunity is a load of shite?
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richard46 wrote: »

For a start we need government that doesn't pussyfoot around with cringing letters to Sharia organisations or PMs spouting the likes of "Muslim values are British values."
    They clearly are not, culturally or on issues such as gay people and women's rights.

We need to stop ring-fencing this medieval nonsense on religious grounds. The message needs to be unambiguous.

Bring in a law like France and some other EU countries, banning face covering in all public areas. There are enough "H&S" and social education government films about how we should live our lives. Wearing a veil should be targeted like smoking, in the home, in the car, in the shopping centres
    Expand social education in schools and unis until people "get it" that any form of discrimination is unacceptable, in the workplace, education, or home.

Begin a process to removing religious schools nationwide, to be replaced by secular schools. No more one-sex schools or religious schools to open.

In the meantime schools that segregate, universities that allow meetings where the "sisters" sit apart, Muslims or not, should face financial penalties, with the money going directly to organisations helping women escape religious strictures within their community.

Tell the Sharia "charities" that their "laws" will never have parity with UK and EU law. Educate Muslim women that the only legal divorce in this country is through the civic courts, not through paying £400 to Imams.

Always revoke passports of those who join scum like IS, never admit the nutty "clerics" and swiftly deport anyone preaching extreme Sharia practices contrary to British women's human rights.

In effect, stop giving them any hope of the dream of Islamification of this country.
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How very emotive , and wholly unconstuctive.

I hold NO remit for ISIS. I am perfectly aware of the horrors , I would bomb them to Kingdom come if it would do any good.

That's the reality of the situation, not your handwringing and bleeding heart take on it.

They want to marry men who would gladly chop you up into dog food. Not forced to or some idiotic romantic prince charming happily ever after scenario, they want to marry jihadist killers. One of them followed 70 extremists on twitter. If you know ISIS are a death cult then what must they know? At least the same if not more than you do and they still went.

I have no sympathy for them at all.
  • Options
    jonner101jonner101 Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Institutional political correctness I think answers that. Misogynic white male fair game for criticism.

Misogynic male muslim, well that his religion so that's ok. I can't criticise that as it would be an example of islamophobia and racism.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MargMck wrote: »
    For a start we need government that doesn't pussyfoot around with cringing letters to Sharia organisations or PMs spouting the likes of "Muslim values are British values."
    They clearly are not, culturally or on issues such as gay people and women's rights.

We need to stop ring-fencing this medieval nonsense on religious grounds. The message needs to be unambiguous.

Bring in a law like France and some other EU countries, banning face covering in all public areas. There are enough "H&S" and social education government films about how we should live our lives. Wearing a veil should be targeted like smoking, in the home, in the car, in the shopping centres
    Expand social education in schools and unis until people "get it" that any form of discrimination is unacceptable, in the workplace, education, or home.

Begin a process to removing religious schools nationwide, to be replaced by secular schools. No more one-sex schools or religious schools to open.

In the meantime schools that segregate, universities that allow meetings where the "sisters" sit apart, Muslims or not, should face financial penalties, with the money going directly to organisations helping women escape religious strictures within their community.

Tell the Sharia "charities" that their "laws" will never have parity with UK and EU law. Educate Muslim women that the only legal divorce in this country is through the civic courts, not through paying £400 to Imams.

Always revoke passports of those who join scum like IS, never admit the nutty "clerics" and swiftly deport anyone preaching extreme Sharia practices contrary to British women's human rights.

In effect, stop giving them any hope of the dream of Islamification of this country.

Much better said than I could.

The rise of Radical Islam has been swifter than I thought possible. And the government has been constantly on the. Back foot. It needs to be addressed and dealt with as a priority.
  • Options
    Red NovemberRed November Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MAW wrote: »
    just supposing rescue was possible (I don't think so) how much of a danger would they be back here?
    Without exception, all returning jihadists are a potential threat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Without exception, all returning jihadists are a potential threat.

I'm willing to have a try at rehabilitating kids. I've known it done with child soldiers of the LRA. They haven't gone on to murder anyone. And the option to section them is always there.
  • Options
    AnnieBakerAnnieBaker Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are people assuming they are going to have a terrible life?
    As somebody mentioned before, you don't look at those in the concentration camps to judge how the rulers/jailors live.

They have British passports, that is still a valuable asset.
    Treating them well, very well, is a valuable propaganda tool to entice new recruits.

I think the most sickening thing is that I believe their lives will be pretty darn good whilst the regime they are part of kills enough to keep the standards high.

They have blood on their hands full stop.
    Pity, for what reason?:confused:

Somewhere down the line they will return, and after a small broo ha ha they will serve a light jail sentence (if any at all) and then be free to enjoy their "celebrity" status in the community they have temporarily left.

What's all this rot about "no doctors", "no medical assistance"?
    Look at the numbers, look at the money, look at the funding.
    Out of the thousands worldwide who are flocking to IS there are no educated, no doctors/scientists?

Haven't we at least learnt from the terrorist outrages here, that trying to pin radical extremist actions inspired by Islam on poverty/marginalisation/lack of opportunity is a load of shite?

No doctors - because it's a war zone which most civilians have fled. Where do you think they will find doctors? Where are the medical supplies? If there are any, the mujahideen will have priority.

These girls will not be allowed to return, even if they begged.

Muslim women under Sharia law have very few rights. This is another reason why their life will be hell.