Options

24 Month Contract up in November - Loyalty Deals?

SomnerSomner Posts: 9,412
Forum Member
As the title says, my 24 month contract is up at the beginning of November. For 24 months I have had M Telephone, M Broadband and XL TV (free upgrade from L for first 12 months then paid full price thereafter). It worked out as 3 for £30 for the first 12 months and about £40 a month after that. I have also had Talk Anywhere 200 (£9.50 per month) since May. I'd say I've been a fairly valuable customer to them. We have always paid on time except for the first 3 months due to various bank troubles.

Can I expect any loyalty discounts? Are any available? I'm not asking for something for nothing but want to see what is available. I'd be interested in getting a V+ box - would they offer me a discount on one? I may also be interested in having a second (normal V-box) installed too.

Cheers. :)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Somner wrote: »
    As the title says, my 24 month contract is up at the beginning of November. For 24 months I have had M Telephone, M Broadband and XL TV (free upgrade from L for first 12 months then paid full price thereafter). It worked out as 3 for £30 for the first 12 months and about £40 a month after that. I have also had Talk Anywhere 200 (£9.50 per month) since May. I'd say I've been a fairly valuable customer to them. We have always paid on time except for the first 3 months due to various bank troubles.

Can I expect any loyalty discounts? Are any available? I'm not asking for something for nothing but want to see what is available. I'd be interested in getting a V+ box - would they offer me a discount on one? I may also be interested in having a second (normal V-box) installed too.

I would advise ringing the Retentions Department (150 then select the correct option ) on a Virgin phone and see what they can do for you.Arm yourself with details of what the present deals are with other providers.It can't do you any harm.Good luck!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well my contract is up now. I see that Sky are offering a free Sky+ HD box to New Customers when you join Sky+ HD with Sky Movies. Is it worth trying to get a free V+ box or will they not even consider it?
  • Options
    cbram1970cbram1970 Posts: 404
    Forum Member
    Well my contract is up now. I see that Sky are offering a free Sky+ HD box to New Customers when you join Sky+ HD with Sky Movies. Is it worth trying to get a free V+ box or will they not even consider it?

it depends on if you want more HD channels than what VM has at present and if you're prepared for the signal to go awol due to heavy rain and snow then go for sky, otherwise i'd stick to virgin media.

I wouldn't be surprised if virgin start to offer a free v+ hd box to new customers to rival skys offering, but for existing customers i bet they will apply some stupid charge like £49 for the box then an install fee on top of that.

just say you wish to leave vm for good it's amazing how deals suddenly become available
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    It does seem ironic that most of the "loyalty" deals goto people showing their loyalty by saying theyre going to leave rather then stay.
  • Options
    garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member

if you want to join sky remember this about virgin:-

Not a big sky dish on side of the house
    Picture doesnt turn off when it rains
    Repaired for free if broken
    Option to upgrade to 50mb broadband
    On demand
    Thousands of free music videos
    3 tuner recordable hard drive V+ box
    ESPN
    IMO a good customer service

advantages of sky are hmmm
    oh yes more HD.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    blazevxi wrote: »
    It does seem ironic that most of the "loyalty" deals goto people showing their loyalty by saying theyre going to leave rather then stay.

i never thought of it like that, but that is brilliant.
  • Options
    Forum Member

one thing to remember, they might not offer you a free V+ box (worth £49,£79,£129) or whatever the going rate is, but they might give you discount every month say £8 off every month, which over an 18 month contract is worth £144
  • Options
    Forum Member
    blazevxi wrote: »

It does, but if you don't ask then you don't get. If they're only willing to offer these deals to customers who are thinking of leaving then that is their fault.
    garbage456 wrote: »
    if you want to join sky....

I don't. ;)
    garbage456 wrote: »
    one thing to remember, they might not offer you a free V+ box (worth £49,£79,£129) or whatever the going rate is, but they might give you discount every month say £8 off every month, which over an 18 month contract is worth £144

I rang Customer Services. They offered me a V+ Box for £75 install if I took out a £5 per month plan to have a second (normal V) box upstairs. I told him about Sky's offer and he said he can't do me a better deal but if I really am thinking of leaving then to ring through and speak to cancelations who can almost certainly offer me what I need.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    It does, but if you don't ask then you don't get. If they're only willing to offer these deals to customers who are thinking of leaving then that is their fault.

I dont mean that, but you get so many members here acting like it