Keith Chegwin jokes on Twitter

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 714
Forum Member
✭✭
Sorry if there's already been a thread on this but I couldn't find one.

What do you all think about it? Do you think the comedians are overreacting or that Keith is wrong claiming that the jokes are his?

I think it's unfair on the comedians that have wrote the jokes as a lot of them use those jokes to make their living, and for Keith to say that they are his when they aren't is disrespectful.

Comments

• AchtungAchtung Posts: 10,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talk about storm in a teacup. :rolleyes:
  • asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    i saw this too, its just a stream of one liners he twits - who cares where they come from tbh and it's not like he's profiting from them.

also none of the jokes are of current events etc - they're just old 'dad' jokes.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bloke's not exactly setting the world alight with his 'talents' any more, so I think most people will take his Twitter page for what it is, i.e. insignificant.
  • Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think what Keith has done is wrong. People hear a good joke everyday and often go on to tell it to their friends, either face to face, on the phone or twitter etc. It happens all the time.
  • AchtungAchtung Posts: 10,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So who's he nicked a joke or two off? Les Dennis or Freddie Star or someone like that? :D
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Ugh, Chegwin. One of the most insignificant people ever to appear on TV :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The other comedians should not have said anything as it's just giving desperado Chegwin publicity.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who the F**k would follow Keith Chegwin?
  • FaithInElizaFaithInEliza Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol, people actually follow Cheggers?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrcynical wrote: »
    Who the F**k would follow Keith Chegwin?

:o

Um... I was following him ironically?

:o
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Big deal. They're just jokes on a Twitter page. My god.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    I usually like Keith Chegwin but what he is doing is unfair and his claim that he is being cyber bullied is even worse; the comedians that queried him were polite about it and despite what the papers said were not complaining about their jokes being stolen but other working comedians. The jokes that he took which kicked this off were Milton Jones's and Lee Mack's as well as the Simpsons so are fairly well established but he is also stealing from lesser known acts such as the Excellent Gary Delaney and Tony Cowards who are just getting established and have maybe 2000 followers on twitter each, Chegwin has 38,000 and has stated that "most of the jokes I made up". So one of Keith's followers goes to a comedy show and see's a comedian whose lines "poor old" cheggers has purloined, that audience member is naturally going to assume that the comedian is not performing his own material and that is'nt fair. All people are asking is that Keith give credit where it is due.
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Julie68 wrote: »
    I don't think what Keith has done is wrong. People hear a good joke everyday and often go on to tell it to their friends, either face to face, on the phone or twitter etc. It happens all the time.

There's a bit of difference between telling a joke you heard to a mate and telling it to 36,000 people who will then retweet it to another 36,000 and so on. Especially when that joke was written by a working, touring comic who is relying on their material to make them a living.