Emmerdale - Will Robbie & Finn get it on?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,328
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Mark my words, their brief exchange on Christmas Day will lead to more...

Comments

• hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bloody hell I thought you were talking about the 2 homophobic sh*ts in HO then:o
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I seen this too. :blush:
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Not an image I want to see:o
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who are they?
  • DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Enough to put me off my sausage sarnie..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed the episode. I know who Robbie is, but not Finn? I thought Robbie was straight? Confused.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Normally I'd question this, but as it's Robbie...:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    I missed the episode. I know who Robbie is, but not Finn? I thought Robbie was straight? Confused.

Finn is James Barton youngest son and is a gay, Robbie is not but soapland anyone can pick up a new sexual identity like going for a chicken at Tesco. Finn is out when it comes to his brothers not sure about James though? Finn was looking at Andy full of lust a few episodes ago and there was a scene with drunk Robbie, I think some of us picked up some vibes. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finn is James Barton youngest son and is a gay, Robbie is not but soapland anyone can pick up a new sexual identity like going for a chicken at Tesco. Finn is out when it comes to his brothers not sure about James though? Finn was looking at Andy full of lust a few episodes ago and there was a scene with drunk Robbie, I think some of us picked up some vibes. :D

Thanks for that :)

Yes, it all sounds similar to Danny in Eastenders. He was introduced as a homosexual, then slept with Janine, is currently in a relationship of sorts with Lucy, and in the New Year will kiss a guy. However... Bisexuality is a very real thing. The different gender relationships do not bother me in the slightest, it's more the issue that the writers need to improve the whole clarity of it. A lot of people tend to believe that 'bisexual' is a 'cover up' tag for worried gays. I don't think it is, at all.

I think it's good that soaps are now exploring/covering more 'different' sexualities. Not everyone is either gay or straight :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that :)

Yes, it all sounds similar to Danny in Eastenders. He was introduced as a homosexual, then slept with Janine, is currently in a relationship of sorts with Lucy, and in the New Year will kiss a guy. However... Bisexuality is a very real thing. The different gender relationships do not bother me in the slightest, it's more the issue that the writers need to improve the whole clarity of it. A lot of people tend to believe that 'bisexual' is a 'cover up' tag for worried gays. I don't think it is, at all.

I think it's good that soaps are now exploring/covering more 'different' sexualities. Not everyone is either gay or straight :)

I want to make it clear I wasn't having a go at bisexuality, I have many friends who are that, many others who see it as 'greedy' or it being a label to hide behind, but personally I think everyone is a bit actually. I identify myself as straight but I do fine certain woman very attractive and I'm also a bit aware that a woman could walk into my life tomorrow and I could fall for her, who knows. Some won't agree with me, that's fine. I was more having a go and a joke about soaps attitude towards it but you're absolutely right on the last point never thought about that one. :)
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member

My gaydar's antennae definitely twitched. :kitty:

What even is that thing? A bizarre car/dog mutant? :kitty:

I've been away a long time.
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hetty100 wrote: »
    Bloody hell I thought you were talking about the 2 homophobic sh*ts in HO then:o

So did I! Lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Did the word Emmerdale not give it away? :D;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to make it clear I wasn't having a go at bisexuality, I have many friends who are that, many others who see it as 'greedy' or it being a label to hide behind, but personally I think everyone is a bit actually. I identify myself as straight but I do fine certain woman very attractive and I'm also a bit aware that a woman could walk into my life tomorrow and I could fall for her, who knows. Some won't agree with me, that's fine. I was more having a go and a joke about soaps attitude towards it but you're absolutely right on the last point never thought about that one. :)

Ohh no, my post must've came across all wrong :blush: I definitely didn't think you were 'dissing' bisexuality, not one bit :)

I do too identify as being straight and have only ever 'loved' girls, but like you, am open minded.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ohh no, my post must've came across all wrong :blush: I definitely didn't think you were 'dissing' bisexuality, not one bit :)

I do too identify as being straight and have only ever 'loved' girls, but like you, am open minded.

Your post never came across that way but I just wanted to make sure it didn't seem I was doing that. :) We're being very civil now by forum standards. It's unnerving. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your post never came across that way but I just wanted to make sure it didn't seem I was doing that. :) We're being very civil now by forum standards. It's unnerving. :D

Ah, we are indeed :D

It's nice to see people 'talking' and not 'arguing' ;) Having said that, the forum disputes can definitely provide some entertainment :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, we are indeed :D

It's nice to see people 'talking' and not 'arguing' ;) Having said that, the forum disputes can definitely provide some entertainment :cool:

Indeed. Sometimes it's better than the soaps that evening :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed. Sometimes it's better than the soaps that evening :D

Oooh yes, especially better than Eastenders of recent months ;)

The past couple of weeks though have been fantastic, a huge improvement. DCT seems to be doing a very good job. Ok, I should probably get back on topic aha.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh yes, especially better than Eastenders of recent months ;)

The past couple of weeks though have been fantastic, a huge improvement. DCT seems to be doing a very good job. Ok, I should probably get back on topic aha.

I still feel too angry about decisions made by past EP and DTC - casting Dyer!? - to really give it a chance, I thought I would be over it by now but no. I'm going to watch when a certain masood woman comes back though :D
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe their thinking of turning Robbie gay because he's too short for any of the female cast! :D
  • itsy bitsyitsy bitsy Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I immediately envisaged 'friends' Robbie and Finn from Hollyoaks too.:o Took me a few seconds to remember who Finn from Emmerdale is.:D
  • 80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe I'm a bit slow on the uptake but I didn't get any chemistry between the two of them in that scene, but unless KO is planning on introducing another gay character I guess it is plausible that Robbie and Finn could get together :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The sight of Robbie going through a sexuality dilemma is to horrifying for words. I hope ED dont do this. It would just be a car crash.

Finn is already a pointless plank without having to be involved with Robbie of all people.
  • 80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The sight of Robbie going through a sexuality dilemma is to horrifying for words. I hope ED dont do this. It would just be a car crash.

Finn is already a pointless plank without having to be involved with Robbie of all people.

They could always bring back Aaron I suppose? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    I thought this was about Hollyoaks.