Options

It's going OFF on Twitter Rihanna vs Ciara .. wow

Comments

• Options
    Delicious11Delicious11 Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheElf wrote: »
    Around the time of Umbrella, she was paying for the videos etc herself, like Ciara is now.

I never heard this. Where is your source? I thought the poster was referring to Ciara's current position in that she only sold 37,000 copies of her album. :eek: It is only a matter of time before Ciara is dropped from her label. Rihanna has never ever been in that position.

For the record Rihanna sold more than 37,000 copies of her platinum album 'Loud' this week in America despite the album being about 3 months old and it is still in the top 10 Billboard charts.

Ciara is way out of her league.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haim100 wrote: »
    CRM - That is disgusting and you should be embarrassed for having to stoop so low to try and prove a (obviously invalid) point.

The matter of the fact is, Ciara is and has never been, and probably never will be, as successful as Rihanna. But actually that's irrelevant to this twitter argument. I think it's clear that anyone putting somebody down on TV should EXPECT some sort of retaliation. Maybe Ciara was doing it in order to get some much needed publicity? And it worked.

http://www.mtv.co.uk/artists/rihanna/news/259919-rihanna-and-ciara-s-twitter-war

Lies!

Has Rihanna had a number 1 album?
    Has Rihanna ever gone 3x Platinum in the US alone?
    Has Rihanna debuted with 336k sales or more?
    Has Rihanna gone platinum in 5 weeks?

Ciara's career shitted on Rihanna's till Fantasy Ride; the beginning of Ciara's troubles with the label. She didn't want that album and the label didn't want Basic Instinct.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And please, get your facts straight. Ciara debuted with 37k, she's nearly at 100k. Bad, but with the label only shipping 70k albums, what do you expect?
  • Options
    haim100haim100 Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My facts are correct, please feel free to point out exactly where they're not and I will proceed to tell you where you're wrong.

Not in the US
    No
    No
    No

BUT....and quite essentially....none of these constitute Ciara being more successful than Rihanna. Collectively, Rihanna has sold more than Ciara. Rihanna has been successful for a longer period than Ciara....where is Ciara now? I can't even remember the last hit she had. In fact, the last successful thing she did really was Love, Sex, Magic, even then she needed JT's help for anyone to actually take notice of it. Rihanna sells more than Ciara and that's the long and the short of it, Rihanna will have longevity on her side. Her number 1 album will come.

If you think being a flash in the pan equals better success, then you're wrong....let's not make excuses for her poor sales, either. Shall we go on about Rihanna's troubles that could have effected her career but didn't? Uhmmm nope....I don't think I need to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snoopy10 wrote: »
    Didn't Ciara recently write a letter ASKING to be released by her label? Or more begging? So it's not really a negative, it'd be much better for her career if they did drop her, they're rubbish.

And Rihanna can't talk about 'booking a stage'; her success over here makes her look successful, but her US selling power is shocking. She's doing 8 dates in the whole of America (and hasn't sold out) is she not? :D

Ciara was trying to save face. After selling 37,000 copies of her last album dropping her is surely on the cards. She got the letter out there first.

The company is probably waiting to recoup the costs spent on her album before letting her go.

And no matter how much you try an degrade Rihanna's US sales she still sells a million times more that Ciara.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RocaBoi18 wrote: »
    Lies!

Ciara's career shitted on Rihanna's till Fantasy Ride; the beginning of Ciara's troubles with the label. She didn't want that album and the label didn't want Basic Instinct.

Has Rihanna had a number 1 album? Yes. Loud debuted at no.1 in a few countries around the world including the UK but excluding the US.
    Has Rihanna ever gone 3x Platinum in the US alone? Her worldwide sales are double that. The world being bigger that the US.
    Has Rihanna debuted with 336k sales or more? Yes..worldwide
    Has Rihanna gone platinum in 5 weeks? irrelevant as she is a platinum selling artist, not only in the US but worldwide. How about Ciara?

Now answer these:

Does Ciara have legends saying that they listen to her music (sade) or covering her songs (Prince)?

Has Ciara appeared on umpteen magazine covers around the world? Elle, Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire etc?

Has Ciara sold upmost close to 30 million albums ww since 2005?

Has Ciara sold nearly 60 million singles around the world?

Has Ciara had 35 no1 global smash hits around the world?

Are the view count of Ciara's videos on YouTube in the hundreds of millions ? - (Rihanna's are despite only being released 3 months ago - for each video!)

Does Ciara have product endorsement deals from Gucci, Kodak, H&M,Gillette cover girl, Clinique etc?

Has Ciara ever headlined her own tour?

Does Ciara have enough clout to do a world tour?

What part of Rihanna's career did Ciara shit on exactly?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ciara was trying to save face. After selling 37,000 copies of her last album dropping her is surely on the cards. She got the letter out there first.

The company is probably waiting to recoup the costs spent on her album before letting her go.

And no matter how much you try an degrade Rihanna's US sales she still sells a million times more that Ciara.

No, Ciara debuted at 37,000, she's sold more now. And i really doubt Rihanna sells a million times more:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daviekay wrote: »
    No, Ciara debuted at 37,000, she's sold more now. And i really doubt Rihanna sells a million times more:rolleyes:

How much has Basic Instinct sold since release in December? Please provide a source. I say not more that 50k. :D

In any case wiki is still saying 37K. If she has sold more how comes none of Ciara's fans have updated wiki and provided a bona fide reference.

For the record Rihanna's 3 month old album has already sold over 3 million copies WW. Why do you doubt that? The facts are there for everyone to see.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RocaBoi18 wrote: »
    And please, get your facts straight. Ciara debuted with 37k, she's nearly at 100k. Bad, but with the label only shipping 70k albums, what do you expect?

Source please?
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    TheElf wrote: »
    Some of Rihanna's comments were quite uncalled for. She shouldn't be picking on somebody else's career. I seem to remember her being in a similar situation to Ciara not so long ago & it could happen again, or to any star at any time.

Ciara is unfortunately in a position where her label are not supporting her, yet she's kept working & has managed to stick around after the initial hype died down. Not everybody can do this & I think Cici will be around for a good while to come.

I'm a fan of Rihanna, but I agree. Until GGGB she was in a very similar situation. She got lucky with the songs she was given.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    I'm a fan of Rihanna, but I agree. Until GGGB she was in a very similar situation. She got lucky with the songs she was given.

I don't understand. Rihanna never debuted with 37,000 copies and Def Jam never threatened to drop her. People forget that before GGGB Rihanna was only 17 and her creative decisions were being made for her.

Ciara is in a position now where she can't even perform for free and her last single barely scraped top 50 billboard.

She is now in the position where she is starting fights on twitter (Rihanna, 50 cent, Tyrese etc) and hanging around with the likes of Kim K who at this point in time wouldn't be seen dead with Ciara. Now that is a crying shame because for someone like Kim K who doesn't really have a career to drop Ciara like a bunch of hot rocks it means that Ciara's irrelevancy in this show business industry is sinking further. Ciara isn't getting any younger at age 25 and she is no Janet.

Being overly happy because she got a spot on The Fashion and using that opportunity to insult one of the biggest stars in music may have just put the final nail in her coffin.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    Yesss.. Delicious11 go AWFFFFF. I agree with everything you have posted so far!

Ciara was on a damn fashion show yet she talks about RiRi and her attitude, smh! Rihanna stood for herself like anyone would!
  • Options
    Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can rihanna sing without sounding like a billygoat? Can she perform without strutting up and down lazily on the stage and the answer is no. Rihanna's last tour flopped. Rated R flopped with label support. Ciara flopped without. Rihanna just has a better team or she just.... Truth is rihanna can't come for anyone with her lack of talent; she can't dance or sing. Cici should have told her to sit her baphomet serving ass down. Foreheadanna and her big floppy goaty voice needs to know that her peers will call her up on her attitude. Such as CiCi has done.

Her peers also have said how rihanna got in the industry. She may have only been 15 but you got to do what you got to do. B was gonna beat her ass at some point as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I'm on Ciara's side in this fight. Although i probably prefer Rihanna's music, Ciara just comes across as a much nicer person, something Rihanna's been lacking since about the end of 2008....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can rihanna sing without sounding like a billygoat? Can she perform without strutting up and down lazily on the stage and the answer is no. Rihanna's last tour flopped. Rated R flopped with label support. Ciara flopped without. Rihanna just has a better team or she just.... Truth is rihanna can't come for anyone with her lack of talent; she can't dance or sing. Cici should have told her to sit her baphomet serving ass down. Foreheadanna and her big floppy goaty voice needs to know that her peers will call her up on her attitude. Such as CiCi has done.

Her peers also have said how rihanna got in the industry. She may have only been 15 but you got to do what you got to do. B was gonna beat her ass at some point as well.

Yeah yeah! Everything you have said is subjective including the statement that Rated R flopped.

Nearly 30 million albums sold, 60 million singles and 4 grammy awards, enough star power to headline her own world tour are clear facts that people like Rihanna's singing and performances.

Another fact: On the all time Top 10 of most number 1 hits on Billboard Rihanna who only hit the scene in 2005 is currently sitting at no 10. tied with the BeeGees and behind the likes of Madonna, Janet and Michael Jackson.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    This thread is hilarious, Rhanna stans v Ciara stans :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah yeah! Everything you have said is subjective including the statement that Rated R flopped.

Nearly 30 million albums sold, 60 million singles and 4 grammy awards, enough star power to headline her own world tour are clear facts that people like Rihanna's singing and performances.

Another fact: On the all time Top 10 of most number 1 hits on Billboard Rihanna who only hit the scene in 2005 is currently sitting at no 10. tied with the BeeGees and behind the likes of Madonna, Janet and Michael Jackson.

That amount of 1s is impressive, but half the us single charts is made up of airplay so it's more impressive to have a number 1 album in American imo personally....
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL this thread is hilarious, arguments between the stans of two utterly talentless artists.
  • Options
    ButterfliesButterflies Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »
    LOL this thread is hilarious, arguments between the stans of two utterly talentless artists.

I wouldn't say utterly talentless.

Ciara has a good voice (I wouldn't compare her with singers like Celine Dion or Whitney Houston but she can hold a tune). Ciara is also a FANTASTIC dancer. She can sing and dance live!

Rihanna doesn't have the best voice, again I would say Ciara and Rihanna are in the same boat but if we are going in terms of consistency, Ciara is better. Whether she puts on a stripped vocal performance or dancing out flat + singing she is always in tune. Whereas Rihanna sometimes has her off-key moments when she is singing live.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CSweeet7 wrote: »
    That amount of 1s is impressive, but half the us single charts is made up of airplay so it's more impressive to have a number 1 album in American imo personally....

Artists can debut at no.1 in the with about 100K sold nowadays. i.e Latoya Luckett did it with her solo effort (160k) in 2006 yet she has just made platinum status. Whereas their are those who sold more, Monica at 180k and they didn't make no.1.

Rihanna has topped charts all over the world that don't depend on radio airplay.
    Billboard is the one of the few charts that depends on that.
  • Options
    PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Still idle gossip. Nothing more nothing less. Think 'people in the industry' are above it? Look at the stars Trey Songsz-Monica-The Dream who got involved with this minor tiff that has now descended into stan wars.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

LOL where on earth did you get those figures :D:D

No way in hell has Rihanna sold 30 million albums!

Look at it logically. Good Girl Gone Bad is her most successful album, she's sold around 6-7 million with that, then around 3 million with Loud (her second most successful) and a bit over 2 million with Rated R (correct me if I'm wrong). A Girl Like Me has sold around 1 million and Music of the Sun 2 million. You do the maths; it's half of the figure you gave :D
  • Options
    Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member

There's no way Rihanna has sold 30 million albums, or anywhere close.:D

Also, she's had a lot of big singles, but I doubt they add up to 60 million.:confused:
  • Options
    Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rihanna has done about 12m at the most. I'm not sure where the 30m has come from.