Lacey Turner returns to Eastenders!

18910111214»

Comments

• SandsssSandsss Posts: 3,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know if it's been reported but Lacey is also going to be in the new series of Call The Midwife.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    I'm looking forward to Stacey's return, she does still have connections she was very close to Kat before Kat left and Max helped her leave so it's possible Max will bring her back now that Tanya has a new man and Kirsty is leaving he needs some more skirt to chase.
  • BeaconboofBeaconboof Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After that ridiculous exit storyline with all the fanfare, a return seems a bit premature. I would have thought she'd have waited 10 years between stints. Unless other work has dried up.
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beaconboof wrote: »
    After that ridiculous exit storyline with all the fanfare, a return seems a bit premature. I would have thought she'd have waited 10 years between stints. Unless other work has dried up.

Thought it was a good exit, Actaully can't wait!
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Beaconboof wrote: »

I think they're trying to get as many big names back as they can in time for the 30th anniversary. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more back this year.
  • basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    I think they're trying to get as many big names back as they can in time for the 30th anniversary. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more back this year.
    I imagine Barbara Windsor will want to be involved in the 30th so I expect a return for her around the 30th but only a guest stint. 2 months maximum.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,287
    Forum Member
    I always thought that Lacey loved working at Elstree and she loved playing Stacey, but that she was secretly in love with Charlie Clements and so when he left she decided she couldn't stay there anymore.
  • RonSwanson92RonSwanson92 Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    I always thought that Lacey loved working at Elstree and she loved playing Stacey, but that she was secretly in love with Charlie Clements and so when he left she decided she couldn't stay there anymore.

I remember reading on here (so take it as the gospel truth;-))part of the reasoning behind her leaving was she didn't like that Stacey had turned out to be Archie's murderer, the cause of the rumour was that just before the 25th Diederick Santer said he would record the reaction of the actor he told on the night, but it turned out he hadn't pressed record or had forgotten to press record, however a rumour went around that some people on set heard her ranting at him so they decided not to release the recording.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember reading on here (so take it as the gospel truth;-))part of the reasoning behind her leaving was she didn't like that Stacey had turned out to be Archie's murderer, the cause of the rumour was that just before the 25th Diederick Santer said he would record the reaction of the actor he told on the night, but it turned out he hadn't pressed record or had forgotten to press record, however a rumour went around that some people on set heard her ranting at him so they decided not to release the recording.

Oooh I love a bit of gossip
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,287
    Forum Member
    Oooh I love a bit of gossip

Me too! :D
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member

Yeah I remember that too, can't remember whether it was just rumblings on here or whether there were any more reliable sources, but I definitely remember reading she was not happy at all with Stacey being the murderer. This was before she quit. You never know...
  • ClassicGarfieldClassicGarfield Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Also it's on an interview Lacey did for an EastEnders documentary thing (I think it was her farewell Stacey one), she said that Diederick Santer 'forgot' to tell Lacey that her character was pregnant and the full extent of what happened when Archie attacked her. Lacey never found that out until she read the Christmas day script and politely said to Santer that it was vital information which he should have shared because it was something that she would have needed to know.

Maybe because he sprung it upon her that she was Archie's killer again, Lacey wasn't too chuffed about the decision and that it was another something about her character that she didn't have an idea of until the last minuet.

PS. I know it's all fun gossip and I really don't think Lacey would be like that in real life cause she is always so professional and nice.
  • RonSwanson92RonSwanson92 Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PS. I know it's all fun gossip and I really don't think Lacey would be like that in real life cause she is always so professional and nice.

Oh, I'm not trying to make Lacey out to be the bad guy here, and if I did I didn't meant to, I'm on her side, I would be fuming if I hadn't been told vital information which should have an impact on the actors performance.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    She will, I assume, be on trial for murder very shortly. I really hope the BBC don't give people the message that it is okay to take the law into their own hands and go around murdering people. It would be very dangerous. She should be locked up so that we can all sleep safely in our beds. Her child would, presumably, go into care or an orphanage like the one in Oliver Twist. That is what happens when you have totally irresponsible parents like Stacy.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only Max, Lauren, Jean, Ronnie and Roxy are aware Stacey killed Archie. I'm not sure if Kat and Alfie knew. Unless any of these grass her up, which I think is unlikely, she will get away with it.
  • ClassicGarfieldClassicGarfield Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, I'm not trying to make Lacey out to be the bad guy here, and if I did I didn't meant to, I'm on her side, I would be fuming if I hadn't been told vital information which should have an impact on the actors performance.

No worries at all my friend :) sorry I never meant to imply that you were doing that. I thought i was was coming across that way so did the PS. lol :cool:
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    I cannot believe that Lacey is still only 25. She is the Rihanna of EastEnders.
  • Stephen_SimpsonStephen_Simpson Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    She will, I assume, be on trial for murder very shortly. I really hope the BBC don't give people the message that it is okay to take the law into their own hands and go around murdering people. It would be very dangerous. She should be locked up so that we can all sleep safely in our beds. Her child would, presumably, go into care or an orphanage like the one in Oliver Twist. That is what happens when you have totally irresponsible parents like Stacy.

Doubt it.
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »

Why would she be on trial for murder? The police have no evidence against her. Ronnie/Roxy saying "she did it" is not enough to convict someone of murder.

I agree that it's stupid she should be allowed to get away with it (because Archie was a 'bad man') but then I don't think they should have made Stacey the killer in the first place.
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bass55 wrote: »
    Why would she be on trial for murder? The police have no evidence against her. Ronnie/Roxy saying "she did it" is not enough to convict someone of murder.

I agree that it's stupid she should be allowed to get away with it (because Archie was a 'bad man') but then I don't think they should have made Stacey the killer in the first place.

In actual life people do get away with murder, sometimes for years and years and probably some never get found out. That said I think EE will have to find some kind of resolution to Stacey killing Archie, it's gonna be a tough one though, I expect that when Lacey quit they probably never thought she would be returning. There is no statute of limitation on murder so this one could run and run and ...
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Throw the key away.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only one that is likely to kick up a fuss is Roxy but we all know she isn't the sharpest tool in the box so I am sure evil Ronnie can manipulate her over that as well. Lauren will be to busy getting her end away with Jake and Max will be to busy trying to screw Stacey rather than grass her up.
  • KrstiKrsti Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    Maybe Ronnie will force her back, now she's gone a bit evil she may well blackmail Stacey into doing her bidding plus it would be another way of keeping Kat and Alfie on their toes.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember reading an interview with the actress who played Becca and she said that a big storyline where her character became obsessed with Stacey was dropped when the new producer (Kirkwood I assume) came in as Lacey decided to leave the show and he wanted to take the character of Stacey in another direction. I think this must refer to Stacey suddenly acting like Ryan was her soul mate despite Bradley barely being cold. I will see if I can find the interview online. Its interesting reading given whats being said above.

It makes me wonder why Santer ever made Stacey's Archie killer when she was still going to have so much else going on. I always felt the most plausible option was Ryan killing Archie because of his love for Janine.

Its going to be very interesting seeing how they do deal with Stacey's return as usually soaps play by the rule that a killer is always punished.