Options

made up facts

13»

Comments

• Options
    pope_tartpope_tart Posts: 3,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leamington Spa was so named because of the propensity of small furry rodents to jump from the cliffs there and swim around contentedly in the bubbling pools of water at the bottom
  • Options
    CRTHDCRTHD Posts: 7,602
    Forum Member
    If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle; if the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died from battle wounds; if the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.
  • Options
    coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    Deb Arkle wrote: »
    I put the bomp in the bomp bah bomp bah bomp.

Cool. :cool:

However, I'm the one who let the dogs out. :blush:
  • Options
    SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    Deb Arkle wrote: »
    I put the bomp in the bomp bah bomp bah bomp.
    I expect you were also responsible for the ram in the ram-alam-a-ding-dong shenanigans. Bloody kids...

:)
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    CRTHD wrote: »
    If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle; if the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died from battle wounds; if the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.

If the horse has all four legs in the air, they fell off a cliff.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the horse has all four legs in the air, they fell off a cliff.

If the horse has all four legs in the air, they died of being rolled on by a bloody gurt horse.
  • Options
    lee_sharplee_sharp Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you go cross eyed they'll get stuck like that.......
  • Options
    OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the city of Bayramaly in Turkmenistan which has a population of 75,797 it is a fact that 17% of the male population have been caught and imprisoned for sleeping with a farmyard animal between 1987 and 2009
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The same spider? :o

Researchers still don't know as all spiders look alike.
  • Options
    AvinAGiraffeAvinAGiraffe Posts: 481
    Forum Member
    There's a village is Cumbria where it is illegal for a man to buy croissants after 2pm on a Thursday. Punishable by death.
  • Options
    The 12th DoctorThe 12th Doctor Posts: 4,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helicopters cannot be flown over Newcastle-upon-Tyne for fear the locals will begin to worship it as a God.
  • Options
    Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a village is Cumbria where it is illegal for a man to buy croissants after 2pm on a Thursday. Punishable by death.
    Which man? :o
  • Options
    Isambard BrunelIsambard Brunel Posts: 6,598
    Forum Member
    The dress is white and gold.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    In Scotland, old people are banned from city centres on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. If you find one, gently restrain them and distract them (usually by talking about the old days) until a police officer arrives to deal with them. As a reward you can keep the police officers hat.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Jeremy Beadle's first foray into showbiz came when he worked as Charles Hawtrey's fluffer in the unreleased, boarding school set Carry On movie - "Carry On Up The Schoolgirl".
  • Options
    pope_tartpope_tart Posts: 3,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Football was invented in Constantinople in 400AD by a considerate choir master.

In these times young choir boys were castrated so that they would retain their high vocal range. This of course was very disturbing for a boy to see his testicles chopped off so one choir master would tell the boys to shut their eyes and he would swiftly kick the dropping bollock out of their sight. Often he would fail to manage to kick it out of the doorway and so other choir boys were enrolled to kick it from one to another until it was out of the room....and so the sport of foot bollock was invented - the name later being changed by Oliver Cromwell.

The ancient roots of this game are commemorated in the modern sport, notably by the word "tackle". When touched lightly by an opposition player it is still traditional for a player to re-enact the game's origin by rolling around on the floor in pretend pain and screaming in a high pitched girlie voice.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If something is made up, it's not a fact.
  • Options
    lee_sharplee_sharp Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you eat apple pips a tree will grow in you tummy....
  • Options
    humanracerhumanracer Posts: 1,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pbogart wrote: »
    I start . we're evolving
    We can grow new sets of teeth

We are still evolving!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-12535647
  • Options
    Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    If something is made up, it's not a fact.
    LOL, that's been making my teeth itch too! :D
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dawin claim god spoke to him and gave him the theory of evolution.....
  • Options
    reglipreglip Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    If you sit on cold surfaces youll get piles
  • Options
    Central cakeCentral cake Posts: 5,625
    Forum Member
    Crusts give you curly hair. I ate my crusts and have no hair!