Options

Windows 10 upgrades for all Lumia Windows Phone 8 devices

Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
Forum Member
✭✭
Microsoft has confirmed there will be Windows 10 upgrades for all Lumia Windows Phone 8 devices. The devil may be in the detail of this one as it does not mention Nokia Lumia devices so make of it what you will!

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-there-will-be-windows-10-upgrades-for-all-lumia-windows-phone-8-devices

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't see why there would be an confusion, all the phones are called Lumia whether they are Nokia, or now Microsoft branded.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having recently switched from a Nexus device to a Lumia 735, I'd like to see the following features in the next version:

1) A better Apps screen. In all versions on Windows Phone this has always been simple and linear. But in my opinion, graphically out of step with the home screen. It's not particularly changed over the years.

2) NFC. What is the point of this on Windows Phone? The technology seems to have had limited use on Android, but is even more crippled on Windows phone. I've not found a way of using this on Windows to trigger actions like toggling WiFi / data / Bluetooth on and off. I don't want to be just presented with a the action screen.

3) Use the phones memory in disk mode in my car to play music over USB. Seems a simple thing.