Options

Schedule released for Bauer City 2 stations

Comments

• Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david16 wrote: »
    Inevitably they will all be gone now. Just heard the last ever 60's and 70's show with Richard Allan on GHN. Shocking.

The Soul Show on a Saturday night will just not be quite the same as the 60's and 70's show.

And Tony Blackburn replacing Tom Ferrie on a Sunday afternoon doesn't cut the mustard either.

You have never explained what might be wrong with Tony Blackburn on a Sunday rather than Tom?
  • Options
    steven cardwellsteven cardwell Posts: 2,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tay AM has been renamed as Tay 2 on DAB, also added to Bauer Dundee multiplex, Kisstory & Absolute Classic Rock.
  • Options
    michael1152michael1152 Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I listen to Magic 1152 in Newcastle and loved it, and am looking forward to the changes, but who is the new breakfast man? Nick Jackson, I've never heard of him! And also Darren Kelly on midmorning's who's he? And James Grove who's going to do an 80's show on Sunday afternoons. I recognise all the other names as they're from the Scottish AM stations and think Micky Gavin was off Real Radio in Scotland?
  • Options
    radiodadradiodad Posts: 2,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I listen to Magic 1152 in Newcastle and loved it, and am looking forward to the changes, but who is the new breakfast man? Nick Jackson, I've never heard of him! And also Darren Kelly on midmorning's who's he? And James Grove who's going to do an 80's show on Sunday afternoons. I recognise all the other names as they're from the Scottish AM stations and think Micky Gavin was off Real Radio in Scotland?

Not sure about the others but Nick Jackson has been on the radio years, was on BRMB Sound, Absolute, Century 105, Smooth and the original 100.7 Heart FM. Last time i heard he was doing a bit of cover again for BRMB/Free Birmingham.
  • Options
    sparrysparry Posts: 2,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    radiodad wrote: »
    Not sure about the others but Nick Jackson has been on the radio years, was on BRMB Sound, Absolute, Century 105, Smooth and the original 100.7 Heart FM. Last time i heard he was doing a bit of cover again for BRMB/Free Birmingham.

And Leicester Sound and Lincs FM
  • Options
    No_BS_HereNo_BS_Here Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    The only Darren Kelly I know of is an Irish presenter who has worked for Heart, Smooth & The Pulse Of West Yorkshire
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    radiodad wrote: »

Also worked for the first Original 106 in the Solent too.
  • Options
    jimbojimbo Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tay AM has been renamed as Tay 2 on DAB, also added to Bauer Dundee multiplex, Kisstory & Absolute Classic Rock.

Have any more Scottish station labels been changed yet? Not sure if any more need to be changed in Scotland. Thanks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimbo wrote: »
    Have any more Scottish station labels been changed yet? Not sure if any more need to be changed in Scotland. Thanks

Tay was the only station needn't changing label.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radiogram wrote: »
    Tay was the only station needn't changing label.

Thanks for that. Are Absolute Classic Rock and/or Kisstory going on any other mux in Scotland other than Dundee?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    The morning breakfast presenter will be a good listen, after 10am the presenter if I am right used to be on Real Radio Yorkshire who replaced Guy Harris for a little while on breakfast this was around 2006/2007 time. Guy was really good until Darren Kelly took over. He maybe a nice man but I did not like his strong Irish accent. So for morning and early afternoons on England and Scotland radio stations you will be hearing a radio presenter with a strong Irish accent! If it was Eamonn Kelly who is on Smooth that would be a lot better.
  • Options
    david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jimbo wrote: »

FORTH 2 has changed to Forth 2
  • Options
    PassengersPassengers Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The morning breakfast presenter will be a good listen, after 10am the presenter if I am right used to be on Real Radio Yorkshire who replaced Guy Harris for a little while on breakfast this was around 2006/2007 time. Guy was really good until Darren Kelly took over. He maybe a nice man but I did not like his strong Irish accent. So for morning and early afternoons on England and Scotland radio stations you will be hearing a radio presenter with a strong Irish accent! If it was Eamonn Kelly who is on Smooth that would be a lot better.

You're quite right. I'm afraid Darren Kelly is not Wogan Irish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All Magic AM stations now originating in Manchester and the output for the Scottish GHN network is identical.
  • Options
    david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GHN already gone to Non Stop Hits after the 10pm news.

That's a bit early is it not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    david16 wrote: »
    GHN already gone to Non Stop Hits after the 10pm news.

That's a bit early is it not.

It is the same music in sync as the old Magic North except adverts and there are NO station IDs at all yet.
  • Options
    sarongsarong Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Made special effort to listen to Magic 1152 (Newcastle) this last week or so as feel its end of era. Will give Metro 2 a try but not feeling confident!
    Ray Roses last minutes on Saturday were quite emotional, as well as listener response to final Stepping out & Soulful Sunday over the weekend
    Both presenters are staying so should be happy but feel anything but!
  • Options
    xtralargeanorakxtralargeanorak Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    It's as if they've stripped the altar bare with no IDs or news! :(I'm not expecting too glorious a resurrection tomorrow, though! I'll hear what Nick Jackson's like and see if all this local news, sport and travel feature as promised! I wouldn't be surprised if Merseyside gets the west of Scotland's news :confused:and Newcastle gets the north west traffic bulletin :confused:given recent cock ups! :blush:
  • Options
    phildunk1986phildunk1986 Posts: 1,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Ray Rose and Nick Wright now doing their shows from Manchester or are they still coming from Newcastle?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Ray Rose and Nick Wright now doing their shows from Manchester or are they still coming from Newcastle?

They will present from Manchester from now on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The music mix of the GHN I would expect be adopted for the new station.

The Scottish stations tended to play more 80s than Magic did, and less 60s than Magic did. It may well be that Scotland even though they had their stations named "2" many years ago, has been used as a guinnea pig for the rest of the network?
  • Options
    Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
    Forum Member
    The stations didn't change at Midnight so perhaps it's 6am, but Magic has now replaced Absolute 90's on the Digital 1 national multiplex and is 80kbps, luckily some areas can still get Absolute 90's on the local multiplex.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolute Radio is now dropped to 80 kbps Mono as well ! :( GRRRR!!!
  • Options
    MSBMSB Posts: 1,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the future Place 2 now sounds a lot more like the London Magic.

With Place 3 to launch you do wonder why Bauer are competing with themselves with two similar brands? (You can add Key 3/Kiss to that list)
  • Options
    Jack-UKJack-UK Posts: 1,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've tuned my stereo to 1170 KHz (Magic Teesside/TFM 2), connected it to my laptop and set Audacity to record from 5:30am to 6:30am, so I'll be able to listen to the change-over at more sociable hours!