Options

Bush Mini System Auto Standby Help?

Hello

I wondered if anyone might be able to help I recently purchased a bush mini system the one in the link below

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2417945.htm

While I like the stereo and am enjoying using it, it has a built in auto standby feature where the stereo switches itself off after 20 minutes. Now this would be fine if I went out and accidentally left it on but it switches itself off while I'm using it ie playing a cd or using Bluetooth. This is obviously really annoying and having looked extensively in the instruction book it doesn't seem to say how I can switch this feature off. I wondered if anyone may know of a way i can switch it off?

Comments

• Options
    stylostylo Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    I would look on the remote for a 'sleep' button, or a clock icon perhaps.

These sort of timers usually cycle through something like 20min, 40min, 60min, 'OFF' etc with each press.
  • Options
    iammeiamme Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    stylo wrote: »
    I would look on the remote for a 'sleep' button, or a clock icon perhaps.

These sort of timers usually cycle through something like 20min, 40min, 60min, 'OFF' etc with each press.

Have been trying that but sleep mode is set to off so at a loss
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,625
    Forum Member
    Try turning Sleep Mode on then off again.
  • Options
    davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    Go to general settings and switch off the sleep mode. If you just do it on the remote, it will switch itself on again after reboot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    davor wrote: »
    Go to general settings and switch off the sleep mode. If you just do it on the remote, it will switch itself on again after reboot.

I don't think there is a general settings menu on the system from what i can tell
  • Options
    1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just take it back to Argos as a faulty unit, and get a replacement.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've tried ringing the help desk but apparently they don't provide technical support for stereos and there no technical line that does. I didn't know if it was a fault which is why i was asking on here.
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,625
    Forum Member
    I don't see how it can be seen as expected behaviour so you are justified in returning it and getting your money back.