Options

Sharon/Phil and Mitchell money EE

Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
Forum Member
Can anyone shed any light for me, in last night's episode Sharon was stressing about the Mitchell's money struggles, Ben offered to cut back and chip in but in the live shows, Phil put a wad of cash down on the table and told Sharon that there was 'plenty more where that came from'. What happened to the money? Did Phil take it with him again?

Also on that note, Sharon offered Phil an ultimatium, told him he give up his life of crime, Phil ignored this, as he always does with anyone and disappeared into the night anyway. Where does she think he has disappeared too? I thought he had gone to Kathy?

Comments

• Options
    iveivaniveivan Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    Can anyone shed any light for me, in last night's episode Sharon was stressing about the Mitchell's money struggles, Ben offered to cut back and chip in but in the live shows, Phil put a wad of cash down on the table and told Sharon that there was 'plenty more where that came from'. What happened to the money? Did Phil take it with him again?

Also on that note, Sharon offered Phil an ultimatium, told him he give up his life of crime, Phil ignored this, as he always does with anyone and disappeared into the night anyway. Where does she think he has disappeared too? I thought he had gone to Kathy?

Money issues are nonsensical as usual. The Mitchell's own the R&R, the gym, the Albert and two houses. Do none of the businesses generate a profit? Assuming not, they could still have arranged a loan or remortgage by now. In other stories, businesses change hands in days. In this story, there is no money that can be raised and, yes, there is the issue of the wad of cash and 'more where it came from'.

What happened to the money from the sale of the Vic?
  • Options
    ALowsleyALowsley Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was obviously done on purpose because Steve McFadden was still on panto leave. It does seem odd that Sharon is not too concerned about Phil. But Phil has some serious explaining to do when he returns in a few weeks time. I think Phil will be in the doghouse for a while ;)
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iveivan wrote: »
    Money issues are nonsensical as usual. The Mitchell's own the R&R, the gym, the Albert and two houses. Do none of the businesses generate a profit? Assuming not, they could still have arranged a loan or remortgage by now. In other stories, businesses change hands in days. In this story, there is no money that can be raised and, yes, there is the issue of the wad of cash and 'more where it came from'.

What happened to the money from the sale of the Vic?

It's one of those money storylines that never quiet add up.

All the businesses and a house he had no money to pay Richie Scott, so how the hell did they keep running.

Ronnie took some of the Vic money after Carl stole it originally and brought the gym then she stole 100k from Phil to pay of Nick and that all got burnt.

There has been some continuity issues from last week episodes but presumably Phil's took the money he showed last week with him to presumably go to Kathy aide.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    It's one of those money storylines that never quiet add up.

All the businesses and a house he had no money to pay Richie Scott, so how the hell did they keep running.

Ronnie took some of the Vic money after Carl stole it originally and brought the gym then she stole 100k from Phil to pay of Nick and that all got burnt.

There has been some continuity issues from last week episodes but presumably Phil's took the money he showed last week with him to presumably go to Kathy aide.

I forgot about Ronnie using that money to buy the gym. It was only the extra £250,000 that Mick had given in a holdall, wasn't it? There was another £500,000 that was originally paid IIRC.

There's also the matter of all the money Phil stole from Roxy. Ronnie said that the £100,000 was just a part and she'd worry about the rest in the future. Archie had £3M that was left to Roxy. Not sure if that included his business and massive house. Roxy could not have spent it all.

Also Peggy and Grant must have money that could be borrowed.
  • Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    I forgot about Ronnie using that money to buy the gym. It was only the extra £250,000 that Mick had given in a holdall, wasn't it? There was another £500,000 that was originally paid IIRC.

There's also the matter of all the money Phil stole from Roxy. Ronnie said that the £100,000 was just a part and she'd worry about the rest in the future. Archie had £3M that was left to Roxy. Not sure if that included his business and massive house. Roxy could not have spent it all.

What confuses me is where Mick got the money to buy the Vic from, they were working and living at Linda's Mum's pub and pub work doesn't pay that well even if they saved everything they earned.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Phil and his money has never made sense. He goes from broke to having thousands overnight.
    Sharon was far too calm for someone who's husband had buggered off again without telling her where he was going, and if he'd taken the money back she'd have been even more fuming.

Then there is Roxy. She doesn't work, Ronnie is the breadwinner in that set up, so how is she surviving. Is Aleks paying the mortgage and keeping her and Ami.

As for Peggy, she was eternally going broke...Ronnie was always bailing her out. When she left she gave the Vic to Phil...so no money there. She'll be living on her pension now.

PS Where is Abi sleeping. Ben shares a room with Jay and has a single bed as far as I recall.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's all a bit fuzzy concerning the Mitchell's money, I can't remember how much Mick paid, I know Phil said the land was worth a million or more as for the property, I think Janine was going to pay rather 250k or 450k but couldn't get the cash in time.

From what I can recall Phil only took 20k for his dodgy business dealings from Roxy as she was going to use it too pay for Ronnie's wedding to Jack.

Roxy's money is another mystery she inherited 3million in property & money in 2010 and Amy had a 100k trust fund, she sold the house she lives in to Janine and then basically sofa surfed between Phil's and lived with Alfie for a bit then she never had a job after that and then brought the house back from Janine jointly with Ronnie in April and still doesn't work so presumly still lives off Archie's money.

I guess it's one of those things we not really suppose to pay much attention to because it's the Mitchell's and there dodgy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    It's all a bit fuzzy concerning the Mitchell's money, I can't remember how much Mick paid, I know Phil said the land was worth a million or more as for the property, I think Janine was going to pay rather 250k or 450k but couldn't get the cash in time.

From what I can recall Phil only took 20k for his dodgy business dealings from Roxy as she was going to use it too pay for Ronnie's wedding to Jack.

Roxy's money is another mystery she inherited 3million in property & money in 2010 and Amy had a 100k trust fund, she sold the house she lives in to Janine and then basically sofa surfed between Phil's and lived with Alfie for a bit then she never had a job after that and then brought the house back from Janine jointly with Ronnie in April and still doesn't work so presumly still lives off Archie's money.

I guess it's one of those things we not really suppose to pay much attention to because it's the Mitchell's and there dodgy.

Another thing is the mystery of the Bookies that Sharon used to own.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing is the mystery of the Bookies that Sharon used to own.

Yep that was talked about a lot when she returned because she was skint at the time, but the only conclusion was that she sold it.
  • Options
    Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just bumping up an old thread rather than making a new one. It's kinda funny to look back at the ridiculous financial storylines for Sharon and the Mitchells.

It looks like Clenshaw is continuing on the theme of Sharon and the Mitchells magic money tree 🤣

Sharon seems to have plenty of dosh these days for some reason despite being destitute a decade ago and thrown out on her ear about 3 years ago. I know she sponged a bit of Phil and Ian but I didn't think she'd be able to accumulate the wealth she has.

With Phil it must be a running joke in the writers room at this stage. He seems to have lost interest in the £30,000 Alfie owes him and in tonight's episode he didn't seem overly fussed that Lisa had the £10,000 that was robbed from him that day. His reaction to Kat was basically "oh well, that's that". He's basically had £40,000 robbed from him in less than a year and doesn't seem to care. Must be absolutely minted again if he can afford that much of a cash loss.

EE is miles better under the latest producer but these nonsensical money storylines are a bit grating. It kind of makes the Slaters cost of living crisis seem a bit redundant
  • Options
    laceydawsonlaceydawson Posts: 3,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Otis Hill wrote: »
    Just bumping up an old thread rather than making a new one. It's kinda funny to look back at the ridiculous financial storylines for Sharon and the Mitchells.

It looks like Clenshaw is continuing on the theme of Sharon and the Mitchells magic money tree 🤣

Sharon seems to have plenty of dosh these days for some reason despite being destitute a decade ago and thrown out on her ear about 3 years ago. I know she sponged a bit of Phil and Ian but I didn't think she'd be able to accumulate the wealth she has.

With Phil it must be a running joke in the writers room at this stage. He seems to have lost interest in the £30,000 Alfie owes him and in tonight's episode he didn't seem overly fussed that Lisa had the £10,000 that was robbed from him that day. His reaction to Kat was basically "oh well, that's that". He's basically had £40,000 robbed from him in less than a year and doesn't seem to care. Must be absolutely minted again if he can afford that much of a cash loss.

EE is miles better under the latest producer but these nonsensical money storylines are a bit grating. It kind of makes the Slaters cost of living crisis seem a bit redundant

I can sort of get Phil being alright financially at the moment because he owns the club, he owns half the gym, Kat runs the mini-metropolis in the launderette and he flogged his chicken shops to Nish for twice what they were worth and he didn't even have to pay to repair the one Vinny smashed up.

Sharon though, how is the gym that profitable, especially now it's been turned from an ordinary gym into a boxing ring? She bought and redecorated a house with that money - how?? They've got the Arches now as well, but is that generating massive profit?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can sort of get Phil being alright financially at the moment because he owns the club, he owns half the gym, Kat runs the mini-metropolis in the launderette and he flogged his chicken shops to Nish for twice what they were worth and he didn't even have to pay to repair the one Vinny smashed up.

Sharon though, how is the gym that profitable, especially now it's been turned from an ordinary gym into a boxing ring? She bought and redecorated a house with that money - how?? They've got the Arches now as well, but is that generating massive profit?

BIB - surely the loss of £40,000 cash in less than a year would make him not alright financially though. The wine bar and cab office can't be raking in that much to sustain such a loss and 50% of whatever the gym earns goes to Sharon. For all great storytelling under the new producer, I wish they'd take a more realistic approach to money storylines.
    What does it matter if Keanu robs Phil and/or Sharon blind? Both will just be flashing the cash again months, if not weeks later as if nothing ever happens
  • Options
    laceydawsonlaceydawson Posts: 3,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BIB - surely the loss of £40,000 cash in less than a year would make him not alright financially though. The wine bar and cab office can't be raking in that much to sustain such a loss and 50% of whatever the gym earns goes to Sharon. For all great storytelling under the new producer, I wish they'd take a more realistic approach to money storylines.
    What does it matter if Keanu robs Phil and/or Sharon blind? Both will just be flashing the cash again months, if not weeks later as if nothing ever happens

When did this £30k from Alfie disappear - was that the money Alfie nicked in 2019? I wasn't watching properly in late 2022.

I agree though, Phil is far too casual about £10k just disappearing from the club - why does the club even have £10k in cash in the safe anyway?
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,304
    Forum Member

When did this £30k from Alfie disappear - was that the money Alfie nicked in 2019? I wasn't watching properly in late 2022.

I agree though, Phil is far too casual about £10k just disappearing from the club - why does the club even have £10k in cash in the safe anyway?

With most people using their cards these days it didn't really seem much likely there would be that much cash in the safe.
  • Options
    persipersi Posts: 21,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

For the sake of my sanity I've been assuming that Phil had counterfeit bills in the safe and knows they're not worth the paper they're printed on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BIB - while Phil was away, Alfie was spending time with Tommy and the twins in Phils house and he correctly guessed the combination to Phils safe. IIRC he didn't end up stealing it but some thug carjacked him and found out Alfie had access to the safe and threatened him so Alfie had to hand over the £30,000 from Phils safe, which he shouldn't have known about in the first place.

I think in 2019 Alfie also conned Phil out of £30,000 so he actually owes Phil £60,000 in total and Phil doesn't seem fussed. If we add it up I'd say Phil must have had at least £250,000 cash robbed from him in less than a decade as Ben and Ronnie also robbed him at various points
  • Options
    ChoccyPeanutsChoccyPeanuts Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member

BIB - while Phil was away, Alfie was spending time with Tommy and the twins in Phils house and he correctly guessed the combination to Phils safe. IIRC he didn't end up stealing it but some thug carjacked him and found out Alfie had access to the safe and threatened him so Alfie had to hand over the £30,000 from Phils safe, which he shouldn't have known about in the first place.

I think in 2019 Alfie also conned Phil out of £30,000 so he actually owes Phil £60,000 in total and Phil doesn't seem fussed. If we add it up I'd say Phil must have had at least £250,000 cash robbed from him in less than a decade as Ben and Ronnie also robbed him at various points
    Phil has let him off the money because Kat has told Phil that Alfie is deeply unhappy and to just let him off with it.

• Options
    LTSLTS Posts: 9,092
    Forum Member
    I just laugh at anything Mitchell money related as none of it has ever made any sense and if anything it's becoming increasingly absurd as the years go by. No wonder Phil never really cares - beyond the initial threats - if anyone steals from him, all he has to do is click his fingers and his various safes magically refill themselves.

It genuinely wouldn't surprise me if they never bring up the money Alfie owes Phil again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 17/07/23 - 22:24 #20
    LTS wrote: »
    I just laugh at anything Mitchell money related as none of it has ever made any sense and if anything it's becoming increasingly absurd as the years go by. No wonder Phil never really cares - beyond the initial threats - if anyone steals from him, all he has to do is click his fingers and his various safes magically refill themselves.

It genuinely wouldn't surprise me if they never bring up the money Alfie owes Phil again.

Wouldnt surprise me either at this stage. Pretty sure Alfie also never payed Roxy back the £50,000 she lent him from Amy's trust fund. Be funny if Amy is the Mitchell that finally kneecaps Alfie over it 🤣

Don't know how Alfie can swan around the square without a guilty conscience knowing he owes some people so much and has no intention of repaying. He also welched on what he owed Heather when she won a scam competition he ran.
  • Options
    tfox6tfox6 Posts: 2,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

On the other hand, Phil and Shirley helped themselves from Roxy's inheritance and, if I'm not mistaken, he also pocketed the 800,000 Janine offered for the Vic in 2013 and at the same time he accepted Mick's million.

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tfox6 wrote: »

On the other hand, Phil and Shirley helped themselves from Roxy's inheritance and, if I'm not mistaken, he also pocketed the 800,000 Janine offered for the Vic in 2013 and at the same time he accepted Mick's million.

I think with Roxys money she got that back as Glenda figured out it was Phil and Shirley but they planted it in Glendas room and framed her for the theft before she could prove it.

I don't remember the £800,000 he nicked off Janine. I guess it's no wonder Phil has an easy come easy go approach to money. I guess the only weird thing is his outrage over people stealing from him when he has no issue stealing from others