The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    djc_22 wrote: »
    Well at least it's doing better on pre-orders there than here which is nowhere to be seen.

Other releases due out later than LIG are already in the top 30 on iTunes pre-orders.....I'm so concerned....:cry:
  • djc_22djc_22 Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Album sales are much more important, so fingers crossed that that is a success.

True :)

I was just trying to be positive :D
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I'm hoping for a number 1 with the album. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »

Same. The fact that the album sale are pretty low at the moment gives it has a fair chance of reaching that number 1 :)
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member

Me too....:(:cry: Oh Alex..............................................................:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think that is realistic tbh. She isn't up against anyone significant on her release week, and even if she doesn't debut at #1, the album could rise to it later on after T4OTB and Ray of Sunshine....
  • universetippinguniversetipping Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    Me too....:(:cry: Oh Alex..............................................................:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

The album pre-orders look quite healthy don't they?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    I'm seriously hoping they have some major promo coming up, even if they're saving it for the album release week.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I'm seriously hoping they have some major promo coming up, even if they're saving it for the album release week.

welcome back lol :)

And yes I agree.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    for info, Luke James is support Bey on tour..do they ever have more than one support act cos it ll be amazing ig alex supported bey on tour
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gomz wrote: »
    for info, Luke James is support Bey on tour..do they ever have more than one support act cos it ll be amazing ig alex supported bey on tour

Luke James is supporting her on the Revel tour which is only 4 dates (?) I think Beyoncé has a bigger tour coming up later on...
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gomz wrote: »

That's just the Revel concerts...it's only 4 nights. Her proper world starts beginning of next year.
  • CROATIACROATIA Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what's happening with Alexandra's tour, she said she's touring very soon with dates coming in next few weeks (during last Ustream she said that I think)
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think she should do a UK tour. Let's be realistic, she's not going to be able to sell out the 02 arena which is obviously where she'll be performing...places like the 02, Manchester MEN etc. The media will make a huge deal of her not selling out too. She needs to just ride this era out and then concentrate on the U.S.
  • universetippinguniversetipping Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CROATIA wrote: »
    So what's happening with Alexandra's tour, she said she's touring very soon with dates coming in next few weeks (during last Ustream she said that I think)

She said it will be announced in June.

She will be doing smaller venues but it's better than nothing.

I think people are getting far too carried away with the talk of a US launch. Shouldn't we wait for something concrete before opening the champagne?
    Forum Member
    The album pre-orders look quite healthy don't they?

They do look good. I just wonder how that translates into sales. She could do a UK tour, but only do like 8 arenas. And have the tour in mid 2013 to give it time to sell out.
    Forum Member
    I don't think she should do a UK tour. Let's be realistic, she's not going to be able to sell out the 02 arena which is obviously where she'll be performing...places like the 02, Manchester MEN etc. The media will make a huge deal of her not selling out too. She needs to just ride this era out and then concentrate on the U.S.

But the ANL did help solidify her fanbase. I know radio has been crap with her, but she had a varied crowd. It can help her pay the bills too.
  • lovealexburkelovealexburke Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    does anyone have a working link to the top 1000 in iTunes
    Forum Member
    does anyone have a working link to the top 1000 in iTunes

No :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm concerned that she hasn't promoted LIG on any high profile platform in the UK at all...
    Forum Member
    i need to track irish iTunes for let it go
    Forum Member
    It won't be there yet. Best get some sleep and then check tomorrow evening.
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I'm concerned that she hasn't promoted LIG on any high profile platform in the UK at all...

hey zack did u ever find a version of let it go the kiss version
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let It Go is at #270.

Not a good start and Lawson is already at #228 :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rolling 7-Day Chart Update

Radio

94 Alexandra Burke - Let It Go