The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    switch it up....:D

No.....Switch it uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup....dubstep breakdown style :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excited for her Ustream on Monday....she hasn't had one in ages...
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Ikr me too! ^ I'm bombarding her questions about the US and the label.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ikr me too! ^ I'm bombarding her questions about the US and the label.

Definitely....It would be funny to see WHEN IS THE US LAUNCH all over the comments feed...:D
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Definitely....It would be funny to see WHEN IS THE US LAUNCH all over the comments feed...:D

I'M SO EXCITED! I will die if she's suppporting Beyonce/ signed to roc nation...just thinking about it makes me tremble! :eek::D:D

It'd be really interesting if she was signed to cash money records too :p
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Taz93 wrote: »
    It really does amuse me how a certain Alex hater takes the time to listen to her album sampler. If you hate someone why bother listening and posting about them. ? ;):sleep::yawn:

It is...it almost rings a 'bell' about the idea of secret love for her ;) if you hate her don't comment.
    Forum Member
    Lol, clearly Alex needs me in her life!

Amen! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'M SO EXCITED! I will die if she's suppporting Beyonce/ signed to roc nation...just thinking about it makes me tremble! :eek::D:D

IKR!!!!!!!! Seriously I would thermonuclearly explode if she was supporting Beyoncé in the US and/or signed to Roc Nation....

No no no to Crap Money Records though....they were rubbish with Jay Sean, and imo UMG do most of the work for Nicki...Alex needs Island, Columbia, Def Jam or Roc Nation imo....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 461
    Forum Member

She could be Nicki's bitch... don't know whether that's a good or scary thing :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guys I just remembered something......remember that idiot reporter guy who was like 'so Alexandra is serious about her US career...let's hope she does us all a favour and moves there' and David tweeted back 'you want to keep your mouth shut' or something, then both tweets were deleted?

I wonder if that guy heard something about her US launch....? Seems mysterious, and this isn't the first time that AB confirmed that she had a US deal, though she didn't tell us who it was with last time either....I wonder if she's be planning the details for a long time now...?
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    No no no to Crap Money Records though....they were rubbish with Jay Sean, and imo UMG do most of the work for Nicki...Alex needs Island, Columbia, Def Jam or Roc Nation imo....

Def Jam/Island (aren't they joined?) or Colombia for me... or maybe even Epic if it wasn't now associated with X-Factor USA, but then tbh I would try to steer clear from Sony at this point in time
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Def Jam/Island (aren't they joined?) or Colombia for me... or maybe even Epic if it wasn't now associated with X-Factor USA, but then tbh I would try to steer clear from Sony at this point in time

I'm not sure that joint deals across music groups are that common(?) So it's either going to be...RCA/Epic, RCA/Columbia, RCA/RocNation or RCA/RCA US if she has to stick with a Sony label...

Also note that Alexandra recorded some of Overcome at Roc The Mic Studios in NY (Roc Nation HQ) and has worked with StarGate who are partners with Jay-Z.....so pretty much she knows all the top dogs at that label...;)
    Forum Member

It seems that they're trying to turn Melanie into the next Beyonce or something...she's always tweeting about how she's constantly in the gym losing weight.
    Forum Member
    It seems that they're trying to turn Melanie into the next Beyonce or something...she's always tweeting about how she's constantly in the gym losing weight.

Yeah I heard that, it's sad, LA said she had to get into shape.
    Forum Member

That was always going to happen (the losing weight bit). I can't see her being a choreography girl mind you... it'll be interesting to see the direction she goes in
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Holland didn't qualify for the Eurovision final for the 8th year in a row...

Can we please borrow Alex and Between The Sheets for next year? Lool
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holland didn't qualify for the Eurovision final for the 8th year in a row...

Can we please borrow Alex and Between The Sheets for next year? Lool

Lol no. Why don't you use Esmée Denters?! She could use a boost and she had a minor hit with Outta Here...plus she's hot so she'd pull in the votes....

Alexandra will be too busy forging her international career.....sorry darling. :p
    Forum Member
    lmao guys! Alex isn't even in the top 100 on irish airplay....:( I'm scared.
  • djc_22djc_22 Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »

Oh yeah, it's out in 1 and a half hour :eek: :( I really scared too.

Edit: The EP of Let It Go is at #75 in Ireland so it's a good sign :)
  • universetippinguniversetipping Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why are you lmao-ing then?

It's barely in the top 100 in the UK and we're hoping for a top ten/top five placing.

Who knows what will happen...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm not laughing......
    Forum Member
    Why are you lmao-ing then?

It's barely in the top 100 in the UK and we're hoping for a top ten/top five placing.

Who knows what will happen...

Lmao at what Zack said...i ought to have quoted him. Not the situation...the ABAT is pure jokes. But it is scary. WTF is going on??? Why are the radio not playing her? :o
    Forum Member
    djc_22 wrote: »
    Oh yeah, it's out in 1 and a half hour :eek: :( I really scared too.

Edit: The EP of Let It Go is at #75 in Ireland so it's a good sign :)

Oh that's good. I don't know about the UK, it's unpredictable.
  • djc_22djc_22 Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well at least it's doing better on pre-orders there than here which is nowhere to be seen.
  • universetippinguniversetipping Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    djc_22 wrote: »
    Well at least it's doing better on pre-orders there than here which is nowhere to be seen.

Album sales are much more important, so fingers crossed that that is a success.
This discussion has been closed.