Forgotten Monsters

2»

Comments

• DiligentDanDiligentDan Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    I may be displaying my ignorance here, not having watched all of New-Who, but have the Ice Warriors been revisited since "Monster of Peladon"?
    I think they're an interesting monster, because they were never out-and-out "evil". They were always displayed as having some intelligent motive for their actions. They fought and killed more out of the need for self-preservation than from a megalomanic lust for destruction. They could be reasoned with, up to a point.
  • Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may be displaying my ignorance here, not having watched all of New-Who, but have the Ice Warriors been revisited since "Monster of Peladon"?
    I think they're an interesting monster, because they were never out-and-out "evil". They were always displayed as having some intelligent motive for their actions. They fought and killed more out of the need for self-preservation than from a megalomanic lust for destruction. They could be reasoned with, up to a point.

An Ice Warrior returned in the episode Cold War in series 7 which IMO was pretty good
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was a shame the Ice Warrior got its kit off ASAP and became just any-old CGI monster. They became ordinary.