✭✭
    I'm Addicted
    Gang Bang
    Love Spent
    Beautiful Killer

= ICONIC!
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    has anyone heard the mash up between superstar and muse`s starlight ? They blend so well ...how bizarre?
  • TheBigBoyTheBigBoy Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    People have to remember that if radio won't play the songs there won't be hit singles, look at Kylie's new single Flower it only went to number 96 on the official single charts.
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheBigBoy wrote: »
    People have to remember that if radio won't play the songs there won't be hit singles, look at Kylie's new single Flower it only went to number 96 on the official single charts.

Exactly. If radio won't play it then she will have to be prepared to do tv and do some hardcore promo to get another hit, she needs to realise that her name alone won't automatically give her a hit these days. If the song is good enough and she performs it on tv shows and promotes the hell out of it then I'm sure she'll get another hit
    Forum Member
    Yes but saying that iTunes did give away Madonna first single off the album for free when you pre ordered the album.
    Forum Member
    Give Me All Your Luvin' (feat. Nicki Minaj & M.I.A.), Girl Gone Wild and Turn Up The Radio have all gone to number 1 on the dance charts in America. Let's not forget Madonna has had more hits on the dance chart. Plus Madonna has had 42 number ones on the dance chart in America.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MDNA has boasted elongating her top 10 hits reign in the US with Luvin (despite the three day free giveaway by itunes) ....i seriously think itunes is the main detractor here...the MDNA pre-orders gave it away for free....and thus it couldnt chart for three days....so for four days sale since then by those whom had not pre-ordered MDNA it charted low but at least it charted....but had it not been for itunes there si no doubt Luvin was headed for a top 10 in the UK too. Nevermind, its all lessons to be learnt.

i feel that when it comes to album 13 Madonna will have adapted to the new musical climate of itunes reliance...which she was close with for MDNA...but no quite! Name alone sales have ensured MDNA has sold almost 2 million globally....much lower than her previous stats and half of Hard Candy stats commercially....so its something to take note from for future album releases and future eras definitely....mainly the next album and campaign :).
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Josh and bigboy are right about GMAYL. It was bang on course for a UK Top 10 placing as it was leading the itunes popularity bars but then all sales got discounted because of the giveaway and it was deleted until its official release weeks later by that point it was too late to build on what it had already done so a poor 34 position was all it could manage.

It was a similar story in the US. It got to number 13 on the billboard but would have been higher had the same thing not happened there, genuine sales got counted, the giveaway sales did not.... MDNA sold huge units in its first week so the bulk of them will have been the preorders. If all those sales of GMAYL got counted she might have debuted at number 5 on the billboard with the song. So really while the follow up singles didn't do as well, GMAYL was actually set to be a big hit but they ****ed it up with their own stupid plan of giving it away free for 4 days.

So the comeback single really isn't the disaster everyone makes it out to be. The follow ups however all did underperform and no excuses for their poor chart positions can be made really..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Josh and bigboy are right about GMAYL. It was bang on course for a UK Top 10 placing as it was leading the itunes popularity bars but then all sales got discounted because of the giveaway and it was deleted until its official release weeks later by that point it was too late to build on what it had already done so a poor 34 position was all it could manage.

It was a similar story in the US. It got to number 13 on the billboard but would have been higher had the same thing not happened there, genuine sales got counted, the giveaway sales did not.... MDNA sold huge units in its first week so the bulk of them will have been the preorders. If all those sales of GMAYL got counted she might have debuted at number 5 on the billboard with the song. So really while the follow up singles didn't do as well, GMAYL was actually set to be a big hit but they ****ed it up with their own stupid plan of giving it away free for 4 days.

So the comeback single really isn't the disaster everyone makes it out to be. The follow ups however all did underperform and no excuses for their poor chart positions can be made really..

Yeah i remember when Reggie Yates played it a few times on the chart show and new releases thing on Radio 1 and he said i have a feeling we will be eharing a lot more of this on the chart...and due to its low placing a week later it was no longer played :-/ ugh it aggrivates me i mean why on earth did they do a free giveaway :confused::mad:

ANd ironically i do think Luvin being a bigger charter i think that may have ensured more people would have known of the album release and the future singles releases would have been played a lot more...but alas.....

Just means lessons must be learnt for the future :) and that can only be a good thing.
    Forum Member
    Look at it this the music video for Give Me All Your Luvin has had 46,011,767 views on youtube.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    :eek:
    Wow i don't know if i'm sad or what but Superstar is finally out in Brazil. My consolation is the mix by Eddie Amador that makes the song much bearable.

Listen to the Unpitched version and Eddie Amador mix H E R E
    :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do love the remix...nice surprise yesterday when i came in from work and still dig it much more than the MDNA album version.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    ^^^ yes the Eddie Amador remix makes it a lot better. i also look forward to the rumoured Bimbo Jones mix soon. wish it will push through. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danniilo13 wrote: »
    ^^^ yes the Eddie Amador remix makes it a lot better. i also look forward to the rumoured Bimbo Jones mix soon. wish it will push through. :D

Oh well i will keep eye and ear open for that :)