Options

The Chase (ITV) (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are fairies legendary? I'd have thought they were mythical, at best.
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    Three down and one to go. It's deja vu all over again.
  • Options
    JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anne making mincemeat of this team even though they had good cash builders.

Can't see Tony being too much trouble for Anne!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the only option, had to be the £60K
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant by Matt, can't remember a single player getting as many as 19
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And beat frosty knickers :D
  • Options
    masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    He deserves the lot. One of the best solo performances ive seen because there were very few easy questions as in other single chases
  • Options
    king yrcanosking yrcanos Posts: 2,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOW! That was the best final chase for a long time, Matt was an incredibly good player and he deserved to win a lot more than other teams in recent history have. It was really exciting to watch as Anne is normally ruthless in the final but I was glad to see her have her first loss against a solo player. Enjoy the money team, that was Absolutey brilliant :):):D
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a player, deserved more.
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched the final chase, then went back - he blundered with the batmobile, although it may have been a modified TB
  • Options
    P.RamleeP.Ramlee Posts: 684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think I can remember a time in the 5 years of The Chase where a team that has been eliminated goes on to win 4k in the final chase by nominating their best player.

Christmas came early for Matt's team-mates.
  • Options
    king yrcanosking yrcanos Posts: 2,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    P.Ramlee wrote: »
    I don't think I can remember a time in the 5 years of The Chase where a team that has been eliminated goes on to win 4k in the final chase by nominating their best player.

Christmas came early for Matt's team-mates.

http://youtu.be/YxpvJWj2QSw
    http://youtu.be/IDsk2uES1DQ
  • Options
    Sammy2Sammy2 Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kind of weird that the other 3 win £1k each just for turning up!

Very good performance from that man, I barely got any of his final chase vs. Anne
  • Options
    DDRickyDDDDRickyDD Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    Tonights episode didn't sit right with me. Why should a terrible team that have had all their players caught be allowed to nominate their best player? It should the Chaser who gets to choose who he/she wants to play against. And there should be no money awarded if the contestants win in this situation.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    It's wonderful and perfectful.

• Options
    Rosie PrimroseRosie Primrose Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    Huge apologies if this has been mentioned before, but don't you think The Chase could be so open to abuse? What's to stop the chasers being fed the right answers in their earpieces? By ther reactions, it doesn't appear that this happens but it would be so easy.
    I really love it though.
  • Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Huge apologies if this has been mentioned before, but don't you think The Chase could be so open to abuse? What's to stop the chasers being fed the right answers in their earpieces? By ther reactions, it doesn't appear that this happens but it would be so easy.
    I really love it though.

Apart from it probably being illegal and would certainly be a scandal what would be the incentive? If you're thinking about them paying out less that isn't very important in the scheme of things, what they want is people watching.
  • Options
    elfcurryelfcurry Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they wanted to fix it in favour of the Chaser, they could but why would they?
    The producers have to pay out sometimes but it's worth it to them to have a genuine contest just as we see it. What would be the point of cheating?

Edit: The only 'fix' I've thought might happen is substituting a hard last question for an easier one (esp. if funny or good looking) to get a challenger through to the final chase. That would make sense, even if they're a bit more likely to have to pay out.

A close win by likeable contestents is their dream show!
  • Options
    SarahsaurusSarahsaurus Posts: 3,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really love it though.

You could say this about any quiz show,people could be fed the answers. I cannot believe that they are. There are independent adjudicators in the studio. It would be a massive scandal if one of ITV's top rated weekday shows was found to be fixed,that the Chasers were being fed the answers to stop the players winning money,not to mention it would utterly destroy the Chasers' reputation.

Years ago people were fed the answers sometimes,or were given the questions in advance.The Wikipedia article on the quiz show scandals in the US in the fifties is well worth reading,as examples of what used to go on,which inspired the film Quiz Show.

I do not think anything like that goes on now.
  • Options
    elfcurryelfcurry Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DDRickyDD wrote: »
    Tonights episode didn't sit right with me. Why should a terrible team that have had all their players caught be allowed to nominate their best player? It should the Chaser who gets to choose who he/she wants to play against. And there should be no money awarded if the contestants win in this situation.
    That would be unpopular as the worst player chosen from a team of losers would have almost no chance.
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    I watched the final chase, then went back - he blundered with the batmobile, although it may have been a modified TB

I think you were both thinking about the 1960s Batman tv series, when the question was about cars in films.
    ps, it was a Lincoln Futura.
  • Options
    iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Knew that Paul was the first to be defeated by a totally-eliminated team. Didn't realise he'd done it twice.

That was the first time in ages that all four contestants were caught by the Chaser. Brilliant performance by Matt. Very impressive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although he wasn't cheating,and it wasn't fixed,anyone with an interest in game shows and with an hour to spare could do worse than watch the Michael Larson "Press Your Luck" documentary on YouTube. it was a US game show that had a prize board that flashed supposedly randomly and then when the player pressed his button it would stop on an amount of money or a "whammy",which meant they were knocked out and would lose all the money they had built up.

Larson,after watching the show,videotaping it,and replaying it and slowing it down frame by frame,figured out that the random sequence wasn't random at all,it was predictable. if you learned the sequences,and pressed your button at the right time,you would never get a whammy - you'd just keep winning more and more money.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DDRickyDD wrote: »

Bit harsh to give them no money at all,I mean,a thousand pounds each is hardly a fortune.
  • Options
    Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul again?! That's like 4 times in the past week including the Celeb special.
This discussion has been closed.