Options

Chloe Madeley is stunning

12346»

Comments

• Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So why did you suggest I post my pic on DS? Just so you could tell me I'm stunning.:rolleyes:

Post it if you like. I suggested you might want to post it in the interests of fairness. *shrug*
  • Options
    Petite FleurPetite Fleur Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    Post it if you like. I suggested you might want to post it in the interests of fairness. *shrug*
    What you actually said is "Post a picture of yourself and let us judge you."

As I said I'm not seeking a media career so why should I be judged?

Can I just say I don't get your logic, are you saying that if I'm the ugliest person ever I'm not allowed to have an opinion on what I think is beautiful. If I had a wart on my nose, a double chin, thick lips or big ears should I be excluded from having an opinion on beauty?
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What you actually said is "Post a picture of yourself and let us judge you."

As I said I'm not seeking a media career so why should I be judged?

Can I just say I don't get your logic, are you saying that if I'm the ugliest person ever I'm not allowed to have an opinion on what I think is beautiful. If I had a wart on my nose, a double chin, thick lips or big ears should I be excluded from having an opinion on beauty?

Would it feel good to know people are pointing out those flaws and mocking them?

I didn't say "Post a picture of yourself and let us judge you.", I merely pointed out that if you're so quick to slate someone because of their appearance you might well expect scrutiny of your opinion.
  • Options
    Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    Isn't that what mates do?

:cool::p:D

He's a very good mate of mine from the SCD forums and like me comments on live performances, sure he will have his laptop in front of him with commenting on the live finale.:)

Back to topic the viritriol against Chloe is getting out of control and it would be nice if we could at least be a bit more civil to her.:cool:

So it would if possible if we could please be nice to her. After all she like the other finalists has done well to get as far as she has done.:D

Good luck to them all on Sunday and BRING IT ON!!!:D
  • Options
    tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have looked at the threads about Chloe and Laura (I mention those because they are the ones that seem to hone in most on physical appearance.)

Anyone on here is free express an opinion about any of the contestants' appearance. Whatever you look like does not make your opinion on this any less valid than anyone else.

People who want "front of house" careers in the media should expect to have their "exterior decoration" assessed - we are and always have been fairly shallow in our taste in formulaic presenters; slim and fairly pretty please Mr Producer.

However, I think the poster above has a point. I'd also like to ask those who have posted comments such as "dumpy", "fat thighs", "huge bottom", "plain", "fat thing in the middle of her body" and others if they feel that that's okay because celebrities in their ivory towers with their gilded lifestyles are fair game? Just because they have lucked out in the nepotistic lottery or happen to have drawn the long straw in the current world of celebrity doesn't mean that people should latch onto any minor physical defect and use it to criticise.

Those in the public eye should expect a barrage of criticism about both what they do and what they look like. It happens - always has and always will. However, that doesn't make it more acceptable. The difference is that criticism of actions is fair game. Celebs have the same free will as the rest of us and when they louse up it's fine to say so. Not the case with appearance - none of us get the same free choice there. Not fair.
  • Options
    sylsyl Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think some posters are being a bit oversensitive. Obviously not every one is going to agree with the op and a thread title like this sparks debate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Would it feel good to know people are pointing out those flaws and mocking them?

I didn't say "Post a picture of yourself and let us judge you.", I merely pointed out that if you're so quick to slate someone because of their appearance you might well expect scrutiny of your opinion.
    Short memory?
    Post a picture of yourself, perhaps, and let us judge you.

Mean-spiritedness is NOT a good look, hon. :D
    :
    FWIW, this is if you're happy to post an unflattering picture of a young girl, and attribute disparaging and nasty comments to it - you should be quite happy to have that done to you. Fair's fair.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    He's a very good mate of mine from the SCD forums and like me comments on live performances, sure he will have his laptop in front of him with commenting on the live finale.:)

Back to topic the viritriol against Chloe is getting out of control and it would be nice if we could at least be a bit more civil to her.:cool:

So it would if possible if we could please be nice to her. After all she like the other finalists has done well to get as far as she has done.:D
    I notice you make a habit of telling other posters how to post. Isn't that the mods job?

As for the matiness, nice. I just find constant mutual approval amusing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I notice you make a habit of telling other posters how to post. Isn't that the mods job?

As for the matiness, nice. I just find constant mutual approval amusing.

Not the case at all mate, I'm just being open and honest. Transparency on this forum is elementary and I have Asperger's. Would suggest you look at my profile and find out. ;)

Meanwhile I wish Chloe and the other two finalists the best of luck. May the best contestant win.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^ ^ ^ Also you could say that Chloe is a girl next door beauty with a fab natural figure and very pretty face. I actually like her like I have said in other posts. All the finalists deserve respect including her.:D