Attend opening night of BBC proms/closing night

attend edinburgh fringe this summer
go abroad this summer/holiday etc

just lazy about this summer

what are your plans this summer

Comments

• Scott PoplarScott Poplar Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Just to enjoy the sun and weather if we get any.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I'm going to Thorpe Park. Trying to get back to Edinburgh for the festival. Last year we planned in advance and got Jimmy Carr tickets ordered but when there got Stewart Francis tickets on the day.
    This year we're thinking of just going to there and see what happens.
  • Ben_CoplandBen_Copland Posts: 4,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Working my way out of debt! Ay well, there's always next year. :p
  • shhhhhshhhhh Posts: 3,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to enjoy the sun and weather if we get any.

Dont hold your breath.:D
    Forum Member
    shhhhh wrote: »
    Dont hold your breath.:D

I'm not demanding. Just the odd day or two will do me just fine.
  • CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    Not much. Will be spending a few days in Israel but bar that, and weather permitting, I'll probably just get the ragtop up and running and we'll go around a few air and motor shows.
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we're (wife and kids and I) going to Tenerife :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not demanding. Just the odd day or two will do me just fine.

We might just about manage that.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Working my way out of debt! Ay well, there's always next year. :p

How are you going to do that then?:D
    Forum Member
    shhhhh wrote: »
    We might just about manage that.:D

Marvellous! I hope you enjoy them. I, myself, will be looking to sneak in a few, aswell.
  • Rab64Rab64 Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Summer was yesterday
  • thedarklord _thedarklord _ Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I certainly won't be going on any holidays, I'm preparing and saving up for uni.
  • Madonna38Madonna38 Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hand in date 10th June but I have a load of projects I want to work on so I've booked to go up to Yorkshire for a few nights to do some stuff up there, and trips planned to various places again to work on projects. I'm looking forward to it though.I also have a few gigs, Paloma Faith, Patti Smith and Blondie. Most of them being in London so I'm going to be spending some time there. I also turn 21 then my summer ends with me seeing Fleetwood Mac then I go back to Uni for my final year (scary)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm spending the Summer dogging :D
  • patrick95patrick95 Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    Going to Italy for a week with family.
    Going to Reading festival with a group of mates in August.
    Hoping to have a decent amount of days out - hoping to visit Thorpe Park / Alton Towers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm off to Barcelona at the end of this month to Primavera Sound festival, and even more exciting than that, I've taken the whole of August off work to travel across the US. 8 cities in 4 weeks. Can't wait!
  • aspijackaspijack Posts: 1,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going to Dubai for 10 days which will be my first holiday abroad
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    either doing the following

Attend opening night of BBC proms/closing night

I see he's an Inactive Member now, but this seemed a bit daft... you have to be a dedicated 'Promenader', attending all the concerts in the middle most people don't care about, to get anywhere near the First or (especially) Last night. You can't just decide to go on a whim, like this FM seemed to think he'd do.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hoping for a reasonable summer, a reasonable amount of days in the mid-high 20's with plenty of sunshine and not too much rain will do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aspijack wrote: »

Have a nice time , I want to go to Dubai and stay in that 7 star hotel that looks like a sail :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Me and my brother are traveling to Atlanta, Georgia, USA to see family and some friends who live out there. My friend lives in a town called Senoia, which is where they film some scenes for The Walking Dead. I'm particularly excited to see it in person.

Other than that, I'll spend my time applying for jobs and doing some voluntary work. Going to get my health into kick and hopefully loose a little weight. University hasn't been the healthiest of times, so I've put on around a stone and hope to loose some over summer. It's a good job I live in a place surrounded by countryside, as I'll go on bikerides and go running.
  • CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    aspijack wrote: »

First holiday abroad and it's Dubai in Summer, I hope you like it hot. The mercury was in excess of 40°C when we were there, and there was no cooling breeze either.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SourCherry wrote: »
    I'm off to Barcelona at the end of this month to Primavera Sound festival, and even more exciting than that, I've taken the whole of August off work to travel across the US. 8 cities in 4 weeks. Can't wait!

Jealous of you beyond belief with the US trip! I would seriously jack in my job (I'd have to...) right now to do that. What a dream! *sigh* I'll just be working instead a couple of barbecues if I'm lucky!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Going to enjoy the sun.
  • rehab_101rehab_101 Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SourCherry wrote: »
    I've taken the whole of August off work to travel across the US. 8 cities in 4 weeks. Can't wait!

That sounds amazing! Have a great time!!

I'm hoping to make the most of summer this year. Last uni exam is June 10th, then off to Spain a week later, spend 2 weeks there, come home for 4 and go back out for 3. Aside from that i'm starting a new job next week with very friendly hours and weekends off, so will be making the most of spending some time with friends too.