What is with voting logic? I do not like x housemate = housemate OUT!

2»

Comments

• chelle6chelle6 Posts: 5,953
    Forum Member
    This has frustrated me for years, wouldn't it be nice if for this final series that celebrates UBB HMs that we allow the awesome characters good or bad to stay as long as possible.

For me Ulrika out first and I would have said Nick, but with the addition of Victor he just got more interesting. So I would prefer Chantelle out because this Preston angst story is not my bag.

But is will be Makosi and Nadia two strong opinionated women. :(
  • Matt7Matt7 Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There would be no point voting if u voted out the people u like. Believe it or not, not everyone likes to watch people arguing and back stabbing 24-7.

People enjoy to see those sort of people get their comuppance and be voted out and feel the wrath of the crowd.

Makosi and Nadia out.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chelle6 wrote: »

What's good about being opinionated? Nothing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The later series (from 7 onwards, in my opinion), the voting's been dreadful. The more entertaining characters go all the time.

It should've been changed between series 7 and now to a vote to save. One of BB's downfalls, definitely.
  • kazzamackazzamac Posts: 2,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chelle6 wrote: »

Monday 31st August 10.45

Nadia in bed Makosi ready to go to bed, the other HMs out having a laugh, now tell me why I should keep those two
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt7 wrote: »
    There would be no point voting if u voted out the people u like. Believe it or not, not everyone likes to watch people arguing and back stabbing 24-7.

People enjoy to see those sort of people get their comuppance and be voted out and feel the wrath of the crowd.

Makosi and Nadia out.

Would BB get more viewers if the favourite housemates stayed in? Yes.

Would BB lose more viewers if they favourite housemates leave? Yes.

It's not about arguing 24/7 at all. It's just about the more entertaining housemates staying. Entertaining doesn't have to mean arguing.

Take Corin and Sam from this series, for example. They both had their fair share of arguments but that's not what they were entertaining for.

Josie would never have went in a vote to save and she didn't particularly argue, either.

If Sam, Corin and Josie were at the final, would more viewers have tuned in to see it? Yes. Would more people have voted? Definitely. Would it have been more entertaining? Obviously.

Instead, we ended up with a dreadful final with probably about 10 people voting because we all knew the outcome.

Changing it to a vote to save is no different than what The X Factor and I'm A Celebrity do. Both, by the way, way more popular than BB and both been on for a decent amount of years.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About wrote: »
    The later series (from 7 onwards, in my opinion), the voting's been dreadful. The more entertaining characters go all the time.
    The ones you think are more entertaining, sure.

But that doesn't mean the people who voted to evict them thought they were entertaining.

It's a myth that viewers are voting out HMs that they themselves find entertaining. They are generally voting out HMs who annoy them, or they're trying to save HMs they like by voting out ones they dislike or like less.
  • neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah Yeah wrote: »
    But irritation is GOOD in most cases! That's what makes the show entertaining, especially when the other housemates turn on the irritating one!

If someone is irritating me, then by defintion he is not entertaining me. If he is irritating other people then he might be enteraining me. I want those people who irritate me out. Simples!

*heads off knowing how irritating some people find "Simples":p
  • neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiffani wrote: »
    The majority of the viewers have never understood that if you vote out the interesting ones we are left with a dud of a show. Year after year they keep making the same mistake then complaining the show is boring, they will never learn. If the producers actually had the brains to change it to vote to save we might have a decent show on our hands.

I am generally bored with the vacuous boorish attention seekers
  • laundryladylaundrylady Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    The ones you think are more entertaining, sure.

But that doesn't mean the people who voted to evict them thought they were entertaining.

It's a myth that viewers are voting out HMs that they themselves find entertaining. They are generally voting out HMs who annoy them, or they're trying to save HMs they like by voting out ones they dislike or like less.

Totally agree. Stating that people vote out the entertaining housemates assumes that we all find the same ones entertaining. If we did the whole game would be pointless. Different people are entertained by watching different people.