Kylie in Corrie

Adam14Adam14 Posts: 2,607
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I really didn't like her when she first came into it (a bit like her sister) but now think she is a great character and played so well by Paula Lane.

Hope she stays in it for some time to come! :)

Comments

• jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adam14 wrote: »
    I really didn't like her when she first came into it (a bit like her sister) but now think she is a great character and played so well by Paula Lane.

Hope she stays in it for some time to come! :)

My sentiments exactly.

I did not particularly like the character at first (but we were not supposed to so well done to Paula) and I initially thought Paula was overrated as an actress. I have to say that I felt her nomination for Best Newcomer at the NTA's was undeserved and would have not been happy had she won.

However, I look at ther now and think she has really blossomed - particularly since the departure of Kat Kelly. I especially love her scenes with Brian Packham and her initial scenes with Lewis when she saw a likeability in him

Paula Lane is doing a marvellous job - keep it up girl!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree I enjoy her scenes and love the relationship between her and Gail. I've always been a begruding fan of the dreadful David Platt and am really happy they've found him an equally awful wife to partner him..long may they last and here's hoping they don't find the need to have either of them have affairs or the usual rubbish that befalls all couples on soaps. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,900
    Forum Member
    My sentiments too! Definitely not keen when she first arrived, but now im a real fan. The scriptwriters give her some brilliant one liners, and she delivers them superbly! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kylie's great, one of my favs - David more than met his match there.
  • Foxster HotpotFoxster Hotpot Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kylie was alright, not too good when she first came in, but now she is a brilliant character and works really well with David and has some funny scenes with Gail, it's good how she made up with Becky and Everyone lived happily around Max in the end, she even helped Becky get the Medical records in the lead up to that wonderful exit episode.
  • Adam14Adam14 Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SallyArmy wrote: »
    My sentiments too! Definitely not keen when she first arrived, but now im a real fan. The scriptwriters give her some brilliant one liners, and she delivers them superbly! :D

lol I totally agree - there was a line a few weeks ago when she was talking about a boozed-up Carla picking Simon up from the school and that she was "scared to light her ****" because of the fumes. The timing was just hillarious :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She seemed irredeemable at first but her character has settled now and I am thinking she is not so bad.

Corrie always start their baddies really bad and one dimensional and then give them depth later, making them more likeable. Becky and Kylie are good examples of that.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 82,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeh I have become quite pleased with Kylie in recent months. My only disappointment is how she has stopped being nice about Lewis. I liked the way she felt more willing to give him a chance than David and Gail. I even started an Appreciation Thread on her.
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I totally agree too. I didn't like her at first but she's one of my favourites now especially as Becky's gone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    Kylie is great a great actress and hot as hell to boost
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Yeh I have become quite pleased with Kylie in recent months. My only disappointment is how she has stopped being nice about Lewis. I liked the way she felt more willing to give him a chance than David and Gail. I even started an Appreciation Thread on her.

she probably still likes lewis deep down- and if he is at the scam then maybe admires him but Kylie right now can only see the £ signs!!
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,691
    Forum Member
    she probably still likes lewis deep down- and if he is at the scam then maybe admires him but Kylie right now can only see the £ signs!!

Talking of £ signs, how much do you get on the open market these days for selling your kid ? Nice.
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I didnt use to like Kylie but she's one of my favourites now.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd also started to like her a lot and think she and David are great together, but I'm disappointed to see that she's showing signs of reverting to type with the Audrey sl. She's money-grubbing, selfish and always has a spiteful look on her face, ie just how she was when she first came into it.

I really hope the writers don't spoil her character just when we've all got to like her. :(
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Can't stand her, what's to like.
    Only redeeming feature is she's as twisted as Devil David, the ungrateful gob$hite that he is.
    Not buying the sudden turn around that came out of nowhere after selling her child.
    Not that I found her likable after the turnaround.
    Reverted back to letting her nasty side show with this Audrey business.