Digital Spy going to get a complete revamp according to Media Guardian

Comments

• Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    And what is that non-moving crap at the top?

I'll have to have to have a look at the page coding and filter that out as a priority.
  • PaulLFCPaulLFC Posts: 1,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who's idea was it to have light blue writing on a white background?
    Great for those of us like me with vision problems. No high contrast and a font that isn't bold enough.

:rolleyes:

Meanwhile anything forum members actually wanted gets tossed on the scrapheap again.
    Yep. How many years have people been asking for Tapatalk support or a mobile view for the forums (which plenty of other big forums adopted years ago) and been consistently ignored?
  • joe-mediajoe-media Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    What a bloody mess. My eyes hurt, and on the main page some of the text is cut off.

I am using a 27 inch iMac. This should not be the case.
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On my I pad I am missing about 15 mm off the right hand edge

Its like that on my netbook.

Ruined the website/forums now lol
  • RedunitedRedunited Posts: 1,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I think digitalspy should use the shoppingtelly forum theme. But that site also a little cluttered. Vbulletin is good but very expensive kit like 300 pounds.
  • pallaspallas Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Andy23 wrote: »
    Digital Spy's web developers not testing what it looks like on an ipad in 2013, who are they employing?

Right section of every page is missing, can't even scroll.

It's this sort of instant knee jerk uninformed rant that makes these forums such fun, whatever they look like.

Code is quite obviously still in the course of being deployed.
  • dazn12dazn12 Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    Why not give people the choice to go back to the old forum layout? It's not that difficult, just add the skin chooser to include vBulletin's default theme as well as the new one (which I believe the forums used previously).

I'm annoyed that you aren't giving people that option. Some of us have delicate vision and this is a nightmare.
  • Aaron_ScotlandAaron_Scotland Posts: 8,487
    Forum Member
    Ok I take back my statement that the layout is ok. Now its on the forum its just awful. Id half accept it if it was responsive but it isn't..
  • Mr. CoolMr. Cool Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My forum looks better than this (coming soon):
    channelwiki.org/forums

Old buttons are still in use? Awful redesign.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Sorry these colours are making my eyes hurt, very bad

See what you mean on the ipad, not formatted correctly at all. Also the bar at the top just stays there and is too intrusive..
  • daveyfsdaveyfs Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't usually moan about this sort of thing but this is shockingly bad. The right hand side of the page is inaccessible as are the quick links hidden under the menu bar.

Currently its not fit for purpose. Why was the site published/set active when its obviously not ready?
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    daveyfs wrote: »
    I don't usually moan about this sort of thing but this is shockingly bad. The right hand side of the page is inaccessible as are the quick links hidden under the menu bar.

Currently its not fit for purpose.

Agreed.
  • iceyciceyc Posts: 1,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, it's starting to look better now. If I go to the TV Shows: UK forum then it's a lot more readable. New icons are showing up too.
  • DuncanEmeryDuncanEmery Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    Dreadful ... big mistake
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kargo wrote: »
    Why not give people the choice to go back to the old forum layout? It's not that difficult, just add the skin chooser to include vBulletin's default theme as well as the new one (which I believe the forums used previously).

I'm annoyed that you aren't giving people that option. Some of us have delicate vision and this is a nightmare.
    Just discovered this new look. Major disappointment. The old style was excellent. I too was wondering about possible personal choices for "skin" colour options, if not the old style itself. Certainly the colouring is far too wishy washy and not bold enough for my liking. Personal choice options should be made available.
  • Aaron_ScotlandAaron_Scotland Posts: 8,487
    Forum Member
    Who is the web developer who put overflow hidden on the wrapper? Really? Lol.
  • originalrobskioriginalrobski Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    the advert has been sorted, much better.

will get used to it, but still not sure which style i prefer!
  • Michael_LambertMichael_Lambert Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    I like it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a mess.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like it.

You like having to scroll to the bottom of the main page to find the forum links?
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Awful on the eyes.
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And what is that non-moving crap at the top?

I'll have to have to have a look at the page coding and filter that out as a priority.

Please share that with us non techies when you figure it out, the fixed header taking up that much of the page is an abomination.

Seriously DS, WTF were you thinking?
  • taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,950
    Forum Member
    Another website/forum that goes for an update/revamp and ends up just ruining the whole thing. It looks utterly awful and completely lacking the character and distinctiveness of the previous format.

I hope some second thoughts or other options are being considered.
  • Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    Why hasn't the new design been crowd sourced or tested? You have went in head first coming out bruised and beat up. Users have accepted modest change in the past but this is too much, you should have put the new design into beta so all of the bugs could be ironed out. It wouldn't have taken too much in server utilisation to accommodate this.

Sky is currently testing a new homepage, it is in beta one can access it readily to try it out and offer feedback. Where have you done this DS?? Its a shame a site previously easily navigated now completely throws people off when they visit.

I am not looking at adverts that take up about 50% of my screen when viewing the homepage.

Seriously I suggest you put back what once was there and sort out the design bugs before launching full throttle into this. You could have done the main site first and left the forums for a week or so or vice versa.

Poor showing by both staff and coders....you haven't even done an impact study to assess any shortcomings. Which website does that? Even the BBC offers a beta before full launch!
  • GracelandGraceland Posts: 8,158
    Forum Member
    Awful on the eyes.

I agree, Is this for real :eek: I thought the forum had a virus when I saw it.