Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 56)

Comments

• Options
    Luuk LewisLuuk Lewis Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luuk Lewis wrote: »
    Slightly off-topic

But I've recorded a cover of Bleeding Love, which I have wanted to do for a very long time.
    I'd love to hear what you think of it, and perhaps get some feedback? Thanks!

https://soundcloud.com/luuklewis-official/bleeding-love-leona-lewis

P.S. you can download this track for free!

Just posting this again so it doesn't get lost in the last page... :blush:
  • Options
    DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know who is behind the Leona Lewis - Pics site on Facebook, but they have just posted a download link for 18 tracks by Leona.

I am not sure that it is good for an artist to have their work given away like this - what do you think?

I am quite happy to download tracks that haven't and won't be released, but these tracks are on albums that should be purchased, IMO.
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DJW13 wrote: »
    I don't know who is behind the Leona Lewis - Pics site on Facebook, but they have just posted a download link for 18 tracks by Leona.

I am not sure that it is good for an artist to have their work given away like this - what do you think?

I am quite happy to download tracks that haven't and won't be released, but these tracks are on albums that should be purchased, IMO.

They posted it for those who aren't able to buy it because the music isn't released in their country or something like that
  • Options
    Mike91Mike91 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her latest instagram photo >>>>>

She looks incredible.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with Spaceoddity, I desperately want her to work with Ryan for this album, they always create magic.

I'll probably just stick to these three questions for the Q&A,

When will we hear the first single?
    When will the album be released?
    Will you work with Ryan Tedder on this album?
  • Options
    LibbylizLibbyliz Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slightly off-topic

But I've recorded a cover of Bleeding Love, which I have wanted to do for a very long time.
    I'd love to hear what you think of it, and perhaps get some feedback? Thanks!

https://soundcloud.com/luuklewis-official/bleeding-love-leona-lewis

P.S. you can download this track for free!

That was lovely Luuk :)
  • Options
    spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    I agree with Spaceoddity, I desperately want her to work with Ryan for this album, they always create magic.

I'll probably just stick to these three questions for the Q&A,

When will we hear the first single?
    When will the album be released?
    Will you work with Ryan Tedder on this album?

I agree the questions should all be album based. I'd love a time frame aswell, I know she said Summer a few months ago but she might be dead set on the idea now. Seriously not here for favourite biscuit or colour questions.
  • Options
    GreekFanGreekFan Posts: 6,203
    Forum Member
    Just posting this again so it doesn't get lost in the last page... :blush:

I likeee it but I think that you overedited your vocals!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looks like a private gig, get those coins Leona! I know everyone might not feel the same but one of the spam questions should be "Are you going to be working with Ryan Tedder anytime soon" or something similar to that, the man is on fire right now. Even if she's not, hearing that fans want more Leona and Ryan could push her into getting in touch. Afterall, the last time they recorded together she even stayed at his house.

So what if she works with him again? He will write her a huge song like Glassheart and it will never be released :kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GreekFan wrote: »
    So what if she works with him again? He will write her a huge song like Glassheart and it will never be released :kitty:

Lol, actually she released 2 Ryan Tedder songs as lead single and both were massive. Bleeding Love was exceoptionally a big fat massive hit. So I don't think Ryan should complain about that :p GH album is the first time she didn't release a Ryan Tedder song :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Which of her songs do you guys think that are the most underrated?
    My top 5

5) I will be
    4) Alive ( She never performed it live :( )
    3) Happy ( I know it did well but it should have been No 1 all over the world)
    2) Glassheart ( http://vimeo.com/51355278 Do I have to say anything else? )
    1) Let it rain ( It should have been on Echo! It's bloody amazing! Imagine Leona performing it live... dressed like this http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/leona__oPt.jpg on a purple stage with thunders on the screens behind her & backing singers 0.o )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You Don't Care is so underrated on this forum, like no one even mention it haha :D It has great vocals at the end, I'd love her to perform it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Ryan Tedder was commenting about working with Adele he mentioned something about not working with people where it doesn't go anywhere or something like that.

While he wasn't specifically talking about Leona, I get the feeling he was referring to her. But I don't know for sure.
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Mike91 wrote: »
    When Ryan Tedder was commenting about working with Adele he mentioned something about not working with people where it doesn't go anywhere or something like that.

While he wasn't specifically talking about Leona, I get the feeling he was referring to her. But I don't know for sure.

When was this? Have you got a quote or video?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I want Sia to write for her :'(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GreekFan wrote: »
    I want Sia to write for her :'(

I wouldn't be against it, but I am not as keen on Sia as I once was.
  • Options
    Jack_Clarke2Jack_Clarke2 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Was that before or after he worked with her on glassheart? I hope he doesn't mean it about leona :(
  • Options
    lee3_lee3_ Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Yeah I wouldn't be surprised about that, remember how he felt about Happy? And then Glassheart was another missed opportunity.... I REALLY hope they work together again though :(:(:(

http://perezhilton.com/2010-01-26-ryan-tedder-on-leonas-unhappy-happy#sthash.OmF0gY9c.dpbs
  • Options
    spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I remember this and I don't think he was talking about Leona. From afar, it seems like they are really good friends. I doubt many singers stay with Ryan and his family when they record with him. Even if he was, which I doubt, it was likely towards her team and the single choices, not Leona personally. Aslong as their schedules are clear, I think he'd work with her in a heartbeat.

Also I swear he praised her in an interview last Summer and spoke about GH being one of his favourite tracks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I doubt it, he worked with Leona on three albums, the first two had his songs as the lead singles.

I suppose he might find it annoying he is giving her really strong material and some of his songs aren't being released, and her albums have been getting abandoned after two singles, even though more singles should have been released. I personally think every song he has written which has featured on her albums could have worked as a single,

Spirit: Bleeding Love (obviously) and Take A Bow
    Echo: Happy and Lost Then Found
    Glassheart: Glassheart and Favourite Scar (Probably wouldn't pick FS, but it could have worked in a really successful era as a fourth or fifth single).

I love their work together and they make strong songs, so I would be sad if he didn't want to work with her anymore.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think he was referring to Leona 'specifically' but I'm worried that her team ignoring Glassheart (and other tracks) could make him feel like it wouldn't be worth the effort to work with her again, which I really hope is not the case.

That's why her team needs to stop ending the album eras when the lead single doesn't perform up to expectations. All of that time and work on the album just goes to waste and could be a turn off for producers/writers in the future.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here is a video of Leona performing Say Something by A Great Big World and Christina Aguilera.

https://plus.google.com/+ChadBordes/posts/1wpiubW8o9X

I love this song, and she sings it beautifully, wish it was higher quality and in full.

Edit: I uploaded it to my youtube account, as when I link to the original it says video is unavailable and I checked their channel and it isn't showing in their videos either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9MtrSK75Hc
  • Options
    Jack_Clarke2Jack_Clarke2 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woah she sounds incredible! Suits her voice!
  • Options
    Gabriel EndoGabriel Endo Posts: 46
    Forum Member
This discussion has been closed.