The Saturdays - Wordshaker....where is it?

Ally_BowieAlly_Bowie Posts: 618
Forum Member
✭✭
Personally i absolutely love this album, but does anybody know why its been taken off iTunes & Spotify? I no longer have my cd copy tried to download it with no luck...i miss listening to it.

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Buy it on CD again
  • Ally_BowieAlly_Bowie Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im contemplating it, but is thier any reason been given why it was discontinued? i know a lot of smart arses will say because it "flopped" ect, but i find it unusual that its been discontinued....
  • RushRush Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    It was removed just before the release of Missing You, because Headlines was going to feature Ego and Forever Is Over, which could lead to confusion. Wordshaker was going to be put back on iTunes, but then Headlines got reissued with tracks from Wordshaker on it, so they never bothered.
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    funny you should mention that, a couple of months ago i went to download the track ''wordshaker'' from that album and could not find it anywhere!
    any idea where i can actually download this song?
  • RushRush Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Aura101 wrote: »
    funny you should mention that, a couple of months ago i went to download the track ''wordshaker'' from that album and could not find it anywhere!
    any idea where i can actually download this song?

No, It can't be downloaded from anywhere, sadly. I've seen the album a few times in HMV, or you can get it from here.. http://store.universal-music.co.uk/restofworld/cd/the-saturdays-wordshaker-cd-album-2009/invt/0602527196176
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Buy it on CD from Amazon. It's only £1.27 for a used copy (inc. delivery) so it's a lot cheaper than iTunes anyway.

I still love the title track from this album. It's one of my favourite Saturdays tracks ever.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,998
    Forum Member
    I really like this album and still listen to it regularly.
    kryskrys wrote: »
    Buy it on CD from Amazon. It's only £1.27 for a used copy (inc. delivery) so it's a lot cheaper than iTunes anyway.

I still love the title track from this album. It's one of my favourite Saturdays tracks ever.

I agree with this. I often use Amazon marketplace. :) I've never had anything arrive from them that isn't good quality and at £1.27 for a physical copy as opposed to a download, you can't go wrong really.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it has more or less been discontinued due to Headlines! which sort of updated and replaced the album which is a real shame. I'm sure you'll find it if you look hard enough :).
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was in my local HMV last week and was surprised to see that they had two copies in The Saturdays' section.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I still have it. I might burn it on CD in case something happens to either of my Macs. It's actually not that bad an album, but I will admit the whole era was a mismanaged mess.
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denial is the best track on that album its a stunner. I am glad they performed it live.
  • Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There image for that album was horrible and I HATE the cover art...but the album was a good follow up to Chasing Lights. Showed progression but still with the Saturdays sound....eexcept the DIRE forever is over