DWP Decision Maker

LilaethLilaeth Posts: 750
Forum Member
✭✭
I missed a call on my phone earlier, and when I listened to my VM, it was from the DWP, to 'organise a call booking with a decision maker'. I had my ATOS 'medical' a few weeks ago, so I'm assuming it's about that. Do they usually phone you to tell you you're fit for work? My medications make me tired and affect my memory - would I be better asking them to just put whatever it is they want in writing? I'm a bit concerned just now (though once my memory problems kick in I won't even remember they called!). ;-)

Comments

• Little NellLittle Nell Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They might want more information from you in order to come to a decision so it would probably be worth booking the call. Maybe you could have someone with you while you're speaking to them? And make sure you tell the decision maker about the effect the medications have on your memory, and how tired they make you. It's all relevant, and might affect the outcome.
  • LilaethLilaeth Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They called back and the decision maker is going to phone in the morning. I've got a page of stuff to remember to tell them all printed out. :D
  • simon40simon40 Posts: 620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Answering the phone and talking with someone might be a test.

They could argue you are capable of working in a call centre or from home via a telephone.