HELP please with set up of on for all bridge

wsgwsg Posts: 185
Forum Member
I have just received the new one for all bridge to work the nevo remote on my apple I pad and I cant get passed page 2 of the instructions where it shows a one for all web page and it tells me to put in 192.168.1.254 as this should bring up the nevo set up wizard however the instructions do not show where to find the shown one for all page can anyone please help.

Comments

• oilmanoilman Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This should help.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xEzCCNOPF4U

Basically you need to connect bridge to a PC connected by an Ethernet cable and enter 192.168.1.254 into address bar of web browser.

Following manual seems clear.

http://www.oneforall.co.uk/downloads/dl/file/id/213/nevobridge_en.pdf

Let us know how it works. There has been some interest in this system. I am thinking about buying one.
  • wsgwsg Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    Olimanthank you for the reply I have tried the WPS way and it says not connected and as I want to use the one for all via an apple I pad you can't connect that via a computer link sorry if I did not make this clear in my first thread
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have a laptop and ethernet cable? If so simply use that to do the configuration. It's completely irrelevant whether you use the same device to set it up as the one you are mainly going to be using it with.
  • oilmanoilman Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Use a laptop Or pc and follow instructions in manual from link i provided and it will surely work.

Once it is configured any tablet that can download app will work. Configuration is only done once.
    Forum Member
    Sorry if I sound a bit thick on this but I have already downloaded the nevo app to my apple I pad and followed the wsp instructions for the bt router and the one for all bridge the bridge shows connected but the I pad says bridge not connected. I dont understand what my laptop has to do with this as it is not being used with the nevo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wsg wrote: »
    Sorry if I sound a bit thick on this but I have already downloaded the nevo app to my apple I pad and followed the wsp instructions for the bt router and the one for all bridge the bridge shows connected but the I pad says bridge not connected. I dont understand what my laptop has to do with this as it is not being used with the nevo

I think the confusion has arisen because you mentioned trying to enter the bridge IP address to configure it. You don't do this unless the WPS config fails and you need to set up the WiFi link to your router manually using a laptop. That is nothing to do with setting up the iPad app to work with the bridge.

Once the bridge is connected via WiFi to the router you should only need to fire up the app on your iPad and search for the bridge and connect via the app.
    Forum Member
    That is what I have been trying to do for 3 days now and the bridge is showing connected and the ipad is showing not connected that is why I have tried the pc way and the bridge wont connect to my pc either I connect the Ethernet cable from the bridge to the pc and nothing shows on the pc screen So at the moment which ever way I try I fail
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is what I have been trying to do for 3 days now and the bridge is showing connected and the ipad is showing not connected that is why I have tried the pc way and the bridge wont connect to my pc either I connect the Ethernet cable from the bridge to the pc and nothing shows on the pc screen So at the moment which ever way I try I fail

Can you just confirm something.

Is the white Lock symbol on the front of the bridge lit up to show that it is connected to your router or not? If it is lit up then forget about this 192.168.1.254 business as the bridge has set itself up.

If it isn't lit then you need to connect a computer via a cable to one of the two LAN port sockets on the back of the bridge, you cannot do anything from the iPad. And you cannot do it from a Laptop using WiFi connected to your router. The laptop MUST be connected directly via a cable to the bridge and you must also turn off WiFi on the laptop.

Then you open a web browser and enter the 192.168.1.254 address into that. You will then see the One for All page it shows in the instruction leaflet.
    Forum Member
    chris the wps lock light stays on for about 2 mins then goes out I have tried what you suggest but when I enter 192.168.1.254 all that brings up is the BT HUB 4 page details I cant seem to get the one for all page to enter those numbers the wi fi on my laptop is turned off
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chris the wps lock light stays on for about 2 mins then goes out I have tried what you suggest but when I enter 192.168.1.254 all that brings up is the BT HUB 4 page details I cant seem to get the one for all page to enter those numbers the wi fi on my laptop is turned off

You enter those numbers to get the One For All webpage not the other way round.

Those numbers are the IP Address* of a built in web server inside the One For All unit. It just so happens they are also the IP Address of the similar web server built into the BT Hub. The fact that you are getting the BT Hub's web server not the One For All one indicates that your laptop is connected to the BT Hub.

So either the WiFi on the laptop is not turned off or you have a cable from the Laptop to the BT Hub. So you need to double and triple check that the WiFi is turned off. You can do this very simply by making sure that the laptop has absolutely no cable of any sort (including the mains charger) plugged into it and turn the WiFi off. Then try and access a random website, for example bbc.co.uk and see if it connects. If it does then the WiFi is not turned off. If it doesn't then WiFi is off.

Now plug a cable from the LAN port on the laptop to either of the LAN ports on the back of the One For All Bridge. Do not turn the laptop WiFi back on. Do not have any other cable plugged into the second LAN port on the Bridge. Now enter the 198 etc IP address into your browser and as long as the laptop is only talking to the One For All Bridge the One For All settings pages should appear and you can follow the rest of the instructions in the "manual" to set it up manually.

*IP Address is the "real" address of a website. Things like bbc.co.uk are simply human friendly aliases for the IP Address that is actually used to communicate with a website. For example try putting 212.58.244.68 into the address bar of your web browser (when you have connection to the interweb of course). (perfectly safe, it's the BBC home page)
    Forum Member
    Chris thank you for the patience you have shown me on this but I think iam going to give up tryiing I have done what you say the wi fi is disconnected there is nothing connected to my laptop when I connect to the one for all bridge all that comes up on screen is YOU ARE NOT CONNECTED
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris thank you for the patience you have shown me on this but I think iam going to give up tryiing I have done what you say the wi fi is disconnected there is nothing connected to my laptop when I connect to the one for all bridge all that comes up on screen is YOU ARE NOT CONNECTED

You should have a cable between laptop and bridge. There is a section on page 1 of that instruction sheet that shows how to ensure your laptop sees the bridge. So make sure you have checked that bit out as well.

I get the impression you may be waiting for something to pop up on screen when the laptop is plugged into the Bridge, perhaps this One For All page. It won't. You have to open a web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome - doesn't matter which) then enter the 192 etc IP address to progress to the set up stage.

The image in the instruction sheet is simply to illustrate entering the IP Address into a web browser. The One For All logo is just there for marketing purposes as part of the image, you probably will not see it in real life. So just ignore all of that, the important bit is the 192.168.1.254 you enter into the web browser.
    Forum Member
    Sorry if I still sound thick but how do I open a web browser when my wi fi is disconnected and laptop says you are not connected.?
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry if I still sound thick but how do I open a web browser when my wi fi is disconnected and laptop says you are not connected.?

The web browser (chrome/firefox/IE/ etc.) should allow you to type the local address the bridge, assuming you have disconnected from WiFi and are directly connected by ethernet cable to the bridge. Ensure the bridge isn't connected to the BT hub at first and if there is reset pin hole on the bridge - use it.

The problem you've been facing is that the default address of the bridge is identical to the one used by your BT hub. Which is why your laptop and the bridge itself must not be connected to the BT hub when you want to first set it up to avoid this conflict.

Once you can get into the bridge's configuration page, you'll need to give it a static address such as 192.168.1.253 to avoid conflicts with your other equipment. After that you can connect it direct to the hub and you can use your laptop over WiFi as normal.

Normally setting up using WPS will get around the above problem.

If you're ready to give up on it. Try one last thing. Just connect the bridge to the hub directly by cable. Connect your laptop to Wifi as normal - no need for the ethernet cable. Then go to the HomeHub's configuration page 192.168.1.254 - click advanced settings (you will have to enter your HH4's admin password) then click Home Network, then Refresh - you should see something like this. Check to see if the Bridge is listed in the map of the devices shown. It will tell you it's local IP address. Note that down, then simply type that address into your browser.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You simply locate the desktop icon for the browser and double click on it. Whether the laptop says you are connected or not is completely totally 10,000,000% irrelevant. You can still run the browser regardless.

All not being connected means is you won't be able to browse the internet. But it will not stop you connecting to the internal web server built into the Bridge provided that is you have connected your laptop via cable to the Bridge.
    Forum Member
    Chris this time at last I got the correct page went thru the set up clicked on finish only to find screen says cant find internet connection PAGE 04 not found nevo on laptop still says cant find bridge
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris this time at last I got the correct page went thru the set up clicked on finish only to find screen says cant find internet connection PAGE 04 not found nevo on laptop still says cant find bridge

So, on the front of the bridge is the WLAN indicator lit (top one of the 4)? If it is then the bridge is connected to your router. In fact it may well have already been set up correctly anyway. I have re-read the instruction leaflet and it seems the WPS Lock indicator goes out once it's paired successfully with the router. So where you said it went out earlier it could actually have all been working OK.

If it is lit then the Bridge is working OK. However it's IP Address is likely to have changed which may well account for the laptop getting confused. You need to disconnect the laptop from the bridge turn WiFi back on and ensure you connect back to the BT Home Hub which should restore your internet connection.

Then try to connect to it using the Nevo app.

If the WLAN indicator is not lit then the set-up was wrong. So double check that you selected the correct Network Name (SSID) in step 6 and entered the correct Pre-Shared Key in step 7. NB you may have to poke the Reset hole on the back of the bridge to regain control.

On a BT Home Hub these details are on a label/card on the router, see

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14000/~/how-do-i-find-the-wireless-network-name-%28ssid%29-and-wireless-key-for-my-bt-home

On the BT Home Hub what One for All call the Pre Shared Key is what BT call the Wireless Key.

That is assuming you have not changed the SSID and key on the BT Home Hub from those on the label/card.
    Forum Member
    chrisjr and all guys who have tried to help me on this but after 5 days and many hours I have not had any success I have tried the wps and the Ethernet way once again this morning and no luck. over the passed few days I have tried time and again all you have suggested without success. Iam beginning to think that the apple ipad does not like bridges many months ago when I bought a new Panasonic tv they suggested I downloaded a free I tunes app which would control tv. this did not work either as the apple said cant find tv just as it is doing now with the one for all bridge.So I have reboxed the bridge. Thank you all again for trying kind regards David
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisjr and all guys who have tried to help me on this but after 5 days and many hours I have not had any success I have tried the wps and the Ethernet way once again this morning and no luck. over the passed few days I have tried time and again all you have suggested without success. Iam beginning to think that the apple ipad does not like bridges many months ago when I bought a new Panasonic tv they suggested I downloaded a free I tunes app which would control tv. this did not work either as the apple said cant find tv just as it is doing now with the one for all bridge.So I have reboxed the bridge. Thank you all again for trying kind regards David

That would tend to imply your iPad is not connected to your network. Are you absolutely 100% certain the iPad is using WiFi onto your BT Home Hub and not perhaps connecting to some other network? Or maybe even using 3G mobile data if it has it?
  • HDMIHDMI Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iam not sure what the I pad uses I can use the internet without any problems
  • HDMIHDMI Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iam not sure what the I pad uses I can use the internet without any problems Just looked at the settings on the I pad an it shows wi fi as on bt hub 4
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Confusing when you switch username within a thread.....
    Forum Member
    Sorry that was my partner using my comp and did not sign out
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing to try.

Follow steps 1 to 3 in these instructions. In step 4 just click on Home Network, then maybe Devices if not already selected, don't click anything else and ignore step 5 completely.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-home-hub-4-or-hub-5

You should see a list of devices connected to your BT Home Hub. The last bit of the One4All Bridge instruction leaflet shows how to locate the MAC address of the Bridge. So take a note of that and compare with the addresses listed on the BT Home Hub. Ignore the different formatting of the number.

What is important is if the Bridge is listed at all and whether it registers as Connected or not.