The Guess List - Saturday night comedy show with Rob Brydon (BBC1)

Comments

• niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xNATILLYx wrote: »
    oh dear does anyone on DS like new games shows , i have seemed to like them come on here and no one likes them. I enjoyed it , i laughed loads.
    People need to realize there is more to game shows than the chase & pointless and give things a shot.
    I also liked i love my country :blush:

Nothing will be worse than don't scare the hare - nothing :p

I enjoyed it. I just ignored the whole quiz element and thought of it as a chat show. Rob is very funny and some of the guests were good (and some were awful!)
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,102
    Forum Member
    Utter utter shi'ite

I was just about to post what the quote above says. This is the biggest load of crap I have seen in a long time. Luckily I saw a recording so was able to fast forward. Too much time spent larking about with the celebrities, inviting them to dance etc. No idea who the first celebrity was. never seen him in my life. After ten minutes, about 7 of which were on fast forward I gave up on this tripe. Then deleted it and cancelled future recordings.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The words 'comedy' and 'Rob Bryden' should NEVER be used in the same sentence. Ever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why, after over a year and a half, do they bring up the Olympics like it was a few weeks ago?

That's the Olympic Legacy... got to keep reminding people about it in case they forget.
  • mrsmoosemrsmoose Posts: 2,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    I was just about to post what the quote above says. This is the biggest load of crap I have seen in a long time. Luckily I saw a recording so was able to fast forward. Too much time spent larking about with the celebrities, inviting them to dance etc. No idea who the first celebrity was. never seen him in my life. After ten minutes, about 7 of which were on fast forward I gave up on this tripe. Then deleted it and cancelled future recordings.

I fast forwarded through most of it too, gave up half way through and put something else on!
  • SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's the Olympic Legacy... got to keep reminding people about it in case they forget.

Didn't have a clue who he was. Don't Olympians normally wear tracksuits and their medal on all tv appearances?
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SaturnV wrote: »
    Didn't have a clue who he was. Don't Olympians normally wear tracksuits and their medal on all tv appearances?

That reminds me of a deceased convicted tv personality paedophile.
  • kelvokelvo Posts: 3,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »
    That reminds me of a deceased convicted tv personality paedophile.

on a technicality, as said person is deceased then he has never been convicted...

As for the show itself... never quite worked out if it was supposed to be a game show or not.

I like Rob Brydon's "Would I lie to you" but this show was painful to watch
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Im watching after i recorded this to watch when there was nothing on. Im on the second question and its confusing.

The contestants are being ignored. We didnt know what the prize is, or how they win. The audience laughter seems forced. I havent laughed once yet the crowd are laughing at every little movement rob makes.

I wont watch again and i doubt i will make it to the end of this first ep.
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Watched it on Saturday - won't bother again - it was utter rubbish!
  • hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what would happen if it ended a draw like it could've done? they only had like 3 questions didn't they?
  • Durham ViperDurham Viper Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hunter23 wrote: »
    what would happen if it ended a draw like it could've done? they only had like 3 questions didn't they?

Wouldn't happen as the 'prize' was a 'joke' based on the personal circumstances of the winner so the outcome was rigged - unless they also had a joke set up that could have been filmed as an alternative if the bloke had won.
  • chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chestfield wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more, but I've seen so many trailers for this that, for better or worse, I've already lost interest

I got home just before it started, saw a few minutes, (more by chance), turned it off very quickly, and clearly have made the right decision.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I thought it was awful.

Corden gets a bad wrap but I actually think he saved the show somewhat by acting like he wanted to be there.

The others just looked embarrassed. Emilia Fox should not do light entertainment shows.

I'm really getting fed up of Brydon's schick especially the 'I'm doing <insert name of impression>'.

I like him in some shows. His chat show was ok and he's good on WILTO but I also have the same issues with him on that about him impressions and sometimes butting into the comedy when Mitchell and Mack are being funny with each other.

In this though he didn't seem to ever shut up. It was like a standup show with a veiled quiz in the background and the contestants weren't even required.
    They could have got the celebs to do their answers and then have the real one revealed.
  • thomscnthomscn Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why, after over a year and a half, do they bring up the Olympics like it was a few weeks ago?

Get used to it, after all, we are still carping on about winning the World cup in 1966 :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't happen as the 'prize' was a 'joke' based on the personal circumstances of the winner so the outcome was rigged - unless they also had a joke set up that could have been filmed as an alternative if the bloke had won.

what was the prize? i completely forgot what they were even playing for. the male contestant to me looked like he wasnt even enjoying himself.
  • niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hunter23 wrote: »
    what was the prize? i completely forgot what they were even playing for. the male contestant to me looked like he wasnt even enjoying himself.

An all expenses paid trip to Perth (Perthshire). Hilarious joke as she was emigrating to Australia.
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perth is a nice enough place, I was there briefly a few years ago. Nothing to get excited about though. There's also a town called California in Scotland.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An all expenses paid trip to Perth (Perthshire). Hilarious joke as she was emigrating to Australia.

ha ha that's brilliant.
  • FinalAnswer?FinalAnswer? Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel C looks incredible

Julian Clary's face doesn't move. at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    This is absolute shite
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MissDior wrote: »
    This is absolute shite
    What is this? *shrugs*
  • Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MissDior wrote: »
    This is absolute shite

Isn't it just. I've never heard of it before and after 15 minutes of crap I've switched over. Everything about it is just rubbish.
  • NewcastleNewcastle Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This programme is very bad.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,547
    Forum Member
    I caught this on Gogglebox last night. Total rip off of Blankety Blank. What I saw was enough never to watch it.